Disappearance

Would you?

Sae’s pov:

We’re surrounded by silence. None of us said something as we walked down the hallway. The chatter of happy students, finally entlisting to lunchbreak didn’t bother me at all, they made me somehow strong. Looking at them gave me hope that after the talk with Shuhua, joohyun and me woud go back to have a normal school life, laughing and chatting, studying, having fun and making memories together. That’s be the ideal school life I’ve been wanting ever since the 1st day. I glanced back to look at the foreign girl, following me with her head down, looking nervous and a bit sad. What could she possibly be wanting to talk about so badly? She played me, she played me really hard and I fell fort hat, what else would she wanna say? That she’s sorry? I couldn’t think of any excuses Shuhua would use to make me feel any better. But to go through this one last time, I’ll listen to whatever she has to say. We arrived behind the schoolgarden. The wather wasn’t that warm so students would reather be inside the cafeteria than outside freezing their asses off. I leaned my back to the wall, crossing my arms and took a deep breath.

«So?», I said and looked at her, trying not to soud weak of hurt. Probably failed tho.

«Sae..look first of all I’m really sor-»

«If that’s what you wanted to say then save it for yourself, I don’t need it, we’re done now right?», I said and wanted to turn around.

«Ugh ffs Sae please listen to me ! », she said in a much louder and clearer tone.

I jumped up by the sudden raise of her voice. I never, ever heard her this loud before. Nor has her korean been ever this clear. I faced her again, holding my hands behind my back and waited. She was right tho, it’s not nice to interrupt someone’s talk. Eventho she crashed my world, I should still be respectful right..I mean you gotta treat others like you’d wanna be treaten.

«I’m sorry. I know these words mean nothing to you, I know I’ve ed up, I know I’ve hurt you and I know you went though a lot because of me. I’m not saying that everything the members said back then was false..it’s true they had the plan to for me to make you fall in love, to lure you into their intensions for them to have their time of their lifes without you getting in their way. And it’s true I went along with it but..after I got to know you better, after we spent to much time together, after every kiss we shared..my feelings grew and I really fell in love with you Sae. I really l loved you, my feelings weren’t played. I’m sorry that I didn’t speak up back then..it’s just like my whole body froze, I couldn’t get a word out of my mouth and the other just made it worse. I’m not trying to fool you this time, these are my real feelings. I’m really sorry for everything Sae», Shuhua said, as tears started to run down her cheeks, making her look more like a baby than she already does…

I had my head down. Thinking of every word she said. Thinking of every detail that happened back then. Feelings I’ve felt started coming back. Anger, frustration, sadness, patethic, betrayal..all those feelings I’ve sworn to myself I’d never feel any of these again, exactly those feelings started to make me feel weak. I can’t face her, I can’t look into her eyes, I can’t say something. We just stood there, silence winning our whole attention.

«Say something sae..», she sobbed.

Still focused on the ground, head full of flashbacks and heart filled with wild emotions, a pair of shoes appeared in front of me. Shuhua came closer, holding the sleeve of my uniform. I finally gathered my power to look up. She still has this sad and apologetic face of hers. Tob e honest, I’m still hurt, I’m still angry and even more frustrated. My parents always told me to listen to both sides of every story, even if the other side makes no sense in my eyes, I should always be prepared for a turn of story. Even if someone seems like they’d lie, I should always be listening. If I do so, I’d be 100% sure of my own decisions. Now look at this, they’ve been right. I never gave Shuhua the chance to explain. I’ve always thought that she didn’t have the rights to after all what happened. Never would I’ve thought that I could be so wrong of something. I went trhough a lot but thinking of how Shuhua must’ve felt all this time makes me feel bad. In the end we both gave each other a hard time didn’t we.

«Shuhua..what happened, can’t be turned back, it happened and maybe it did for a reason. I’m sorry too, for not letting you explain anything back then, for not coming up to you in first place to clear anything up like it should be. Thank you for telling me, really, but I just can’t forgive you yet », I said.

« It’s okay Sae, thank you for listening…I knew you won’t forgive me so fast, but let’s try to be friends again please ? I really came to like you…I don’t wanna lose you Sae, I’m being honest here »

I just couldn’t hold myself back from smiling a bit which made the foreign girl confused. She muts be thinking I’m crazy for smiling at such a weird situation.

«Why are you smiling all of sudden? I’m really serious», she said and sulked.

«No..it’s just..I somehow feel proud of you. Your korean really improved », I said and patted her head without thinking. After realizing I quickly let go of her and held my hands behind my back again. Shuhua broke down in tears and hugged me.

«I’ve missed you», she said betweend her sobs.

Oh god she startled me with the sudden hug..it feels warm..warm and familiar. She still smells the same, still the same weird girl. I hugged her back.

«I’ll give you one more chance Shuhua, let’s be good friends.. », I said.

After Shuhua wiped away her tears, we made our way back into the main building. As soon as we entered the cafeteria, a pair of eyes greeted me. Joohyun has been waiting for me to finish. She gave me a smile which disappeared as soon as she saw the foreign girl walking close behind me. Shuhua and I took a seat at the desk joohyun was sitting. We looked at each other.

«So? May I also now the outcome oft he little convo of yours?», joohyun said and looked at me.

«Well..we cleared out misunderstandings and are somehow back to being friends I guess», I said and looked over to Shuhua who nodded along.

«Hmm, really?», the bunny said with a not so pleased look on her face before turning to Shuhua.

«Listen here girl, I have may be bullied by you and the rest of your so called friends, but I swear to you if you ever hurt Sae again, you’ll pay for that»

«Yaah..joohyun don’t, it’s okay. Don’t scare her», I said.

« But Sae, she was the source of your pain, what if it happens again ? », she said and glared at Shuhua.

« Joohuyn I know b- »

« It’s okay, she has all the rights to be suspicious of me. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done in the past Joohyun, I know I can’t change anything anymore but I’ll try to make it up to you. As for the others, I’m not keeping in touch with them anymore ever since that incident. The only one I still talk to is Yuqi.»

«Hmm, ist hat so?», joohyun said, still being careful.

«Anyways, cmon let’s just eat, I’m starving », I said and unpacked my lunch.

 

It’s been about 2 weeks after Shuhua and I talked. Our duo became a trio. Joohyun’s still being extremly careful around the foreign girl as she never let ger guard down that easily. But she’s loosen up a bit and even talks normally to Shuhua now. It makes me happy, seeing them both slowly getting along. Tot hink that they’ve been enemies back then is crazy. Time changed, so do people and I really see it now.

My situation changed too. Thanks to the new add into our little group, the visuals exploded. People would go crazy over Joohyun and Shuhua. They are the definition of beauty and chic of our school now. Joohyun must be happy to share the annoying stares and confessions with someone else now. Shuhua grew up into a pretty one, she really did. Eventho Joohyun’s still careful aroud the foreign girl, she agreed to let Shuhua call her by her real name. As people still knew her as Irene, her american name. Another day another drama, Shuhua is getting confessed by a guy, again. Joohyun and me stood at in the front oft he cirlce. Tom y surprise, the guy confessing his feelings is the dumb Bogum. Woah I never knew he’d be so stupid.

« Please go out with me ! », he said and kneeled down. Lmao this dude uprgaded his confessions. Joohyun giggled as she saw him goinng down.

« Why are you laughing », I whispered.

«You know, I told Shuhua about him already, I knew he would confess to her too, so we already have a scenario planned», she whispered back.

«Wth y’all so evil»

The crowd got bigger. The oh so perfect Bogum on his knees, the chic and pretty Shuhua looking down on him.

«Aren’t you the guy who confessed to Irene like some weeks before and telling everyone you guys are dating? Ah and you were even stalking her too», shuhua said while crossing her arms.

«Wh..-how..», Bogum began to sweat. He kne he’s in trouble now.

«I don’t like you, so no», Shuhua said and flicked his forehead before jumping happily in our direction. All eyes were on us again. Shuhua got into the middle of us and linked arms.

«Let’s go I want some KFC», she suddenly lets out.

The hallway was filled with whispers. People talked about Bogum, as some girls already had the experience with him stalking them. He got exposed, his school life is over for sure.

The three of us sat down at KFC. Shuhua and Joohuyn ordered a large portion of chicken as they both eat a lot. I looked at them in fear. They are friggn animals for eating this large amount of food like it’s nothing. This ain’t normal anymore.

«What? Never seen someone so beautiful before?», Shuhua said and took another bite of her beloved chicken.

«Pff, just looking at some weirdos eating lots of food, nothing more», I said and escaped her gaze as I felt my face turn red. Joohyun on the other side noticed it. She looked away for some reason.

« But seriously this school is filled with weridos, I mean wth», Shuhua said and looked over to Joohuyn while waiting for her to agree.

« Yeah », she responded.

« You okay joohuyn ? You seem a bit distracted », I said and reached out for her hand, like she always does whenever I’m in deep thoughts.

 

Joohyun’s pov:

The sudden touch of Sae made me happy. Whenever she’s talking to Shuhua, I always feel so low and sad..I’m afraid that Sae may start to have stronger feelings for her again..I should’ve confessed sooner..I should’ve let her know my feelings sooner, I should’ve make a move..but..I just coulnd’t risk it. What if she doesn’t feel the same? What if things get awkward between us? I don’t want to lose the bond I have with her now either..

« Joohuny you still here ? », Sae asked.

«H-huh y-yes», I said and quickly tried to change the subject.

« Yah don’t eat like a pic SUSAN », I said.

« E-excuse me ??? », Shuhua said with food in .

«Shuhua swallow your food first before you talk», Sae added.

«Yaaaaaahhh why are you guy sbeing like this, I just wanna enjoy my chickeeen», she whined.

Sae and me smiled at the remark. Life’s been peaceful lately. It’s such a nice feeling of freedom. Despite the facto f my feelings for Sae and her feelings for Shuhua and also whatever Shuhua is feeling, I enjoy life. I woudn’t even mind it goes on like this.

After our dinner we all made our way home. We all lived pretty close to each other so our way home were always filled with some inside jokes and laughter. It made me happy seeing Sae smile more lately. She’s been looking brighter.

Morning arrived and I waited in front of Sae’s house as usual. The longer I waited the more nervous I got as it’s almost 15min. past the time she’s normally come out. Sae’s not the type of person to oversleep either because her mom would wake her up anyway. I walked tot he door and rang the doorbell. The door opened and I was greeted my Mrs. Park.

«Oh good morning Joohyun, what brings you here?», she asked and smiled at me.

«Hello Mr.s Park, I’ve been wondering if Sae’s still alseep?», I asked.

«No, I thought so too and wen tto wake her up but her bed was empty, so I thought she maybe went to school earlier today»

«Oh..is that so? Hmm okay, thank you very much, have a nice day Mrs. Park, greet Mr. Park for me», I bowed.

«Sure thing, make sure to come by for dinner sometime», she said and waved as I left.

My worries began to increase as I arrived to school and searched every corner of it. Sae’s nowhere to be found.

«Yo yo yooo Ms. Beautiful Irene Bae, why are you looking so out of breath so early?», the voice of Shuhua echoed through the hallway.

I ran up to her, grabbed her by her shoulder. She looks confused at me, waiting for me to say something.

« Have you seen or heard from Sae? She wasn’t at home and I can’t reach her with my phone either», I said and hoped for a positive answer. But sadly Shuhua only frowned.

«Sae? No I didn’t…she didn’t respond to my sweet goodnight text from yesterday either..», she said. Okay Bae Joohyun this is not the time to get jealous now, it’s the time to find Sae. I swear if she’s hiding somewhere I’ll kill her for making me worry like this.

«We dropped her at home yesterday tho..where could she be», Shuhua said, now looking even more nervous as I already am.

We went to our lockers, getting our bocks ready and hoped to see Sae in class. A letter dropped out of as soon as I opened my locker. It’s nothig newfor me as some people still send me love letters instead dm’s on my insta these days. But this one gave me chills as soon as I picked it up so I deceided to open it.

 

Shuhua’s pov :

Joohyun got another love letter which is no surprise, she’s the school number 1 crush anyway. It’s rare to see her open a letter tho. I continued to mind my own business as she suddenly broke down to her knees. I rushed over to her.

«Hey you good? What’s up?», I said but there was no response.

« Joohuyn ? Joohyun what’s the matter ?? », I said again flickering with my hand in front of her face. She looked at me with an expression on her face as if she just saw a ghost. She lifted her hand and pointed at the letter she just read.

«The letter?», I said and picked it up to see the content of it.

I folded it open to see what shocking news made joohyun so….so scared. My eyes widened as I saw a picture of a girl tied up on a chair, mouth taped and beaten up.

It’s Sae.