And suddenly

Would you?

Sae’s pov:

Ever since I told Joohyun about what happened, the small rabbit got clingy to towards me. Not that I’m against it but it somehow gave me some flashbacks of how Shuhua used to be.

Joohuyn’s a sweetheart, kind and caring. She made herself a name already and it’s been only a week since they transfered. «The unapproachable queen». That’s what they call her. And it’s somehow true. Joohyun’s been receiving lots of confessions and love letter but she turns everyone down on the spot. Her response are always short and cold and yet, people are still fascinated by her beauty. I have to agree though, Joohyun has always been cute in her eyes, but damn she had a glow up like no one else before. The small rabbit was still somehow the same tho, still extremly awkward with others but once she opens up you may catch her smile. The only thing that changed was her self confidence. She never have had any, but it got bette ras she came back from America. She at least looks at me and not on the ground anymore whenver we talk.

I walked down the hall. It’s lunchbreak the rabbit and me usually sit down somewhere to eat together. As I arrived to the cafeteria I saw a large group of students standing in a circle. As curious as I am I took a peek at the happening. In the middle of the whole crowd I spotted joohyun with a guy. Looks like another confession, but why is everyone so curious ? As I asked myself this question I recognized the guy in front of her. It’s Park Bogum. The captain of the soccer club, the popular, handsome and kind guy everyone adores. Basically, everyone’s first crush. If it’s him, joohyun may accept him tho, I mean, there’s nothing wrong with him I guess. He has manners, good looks and is friendly to everyone. They suit each other so well. Damn this would be a powerful couple.

«Irene, ever since the first day of school, you’ve been in my mind and I want to get to know you better, will you go on a date with me ? », Bogum said and bowed, waiting for a positive answer.

« WOAAAH HE DID IIIT », the whole crowd was cheering and expected a yes from the beautiful lady in front of him. I glanced at joohyun. She stood there with reather cold eyes than happy ones. Guess she’s not happy that he caused such a drama for everyone to attend.

Joohyun crossed her arms and looked down at the still bowing Bogum before letting out a sigh. «No», she said and looked away leaving everyone in shock. Just then our eyes met.

«Sae», she said with a sudden change of her facial expressions. Her smile reached to her ears and her eyes looked like a crescent moon. I waved at her as I noticed that everyone’s looking at me now. Joohyun walked over to me and I quickly grabbed her hand and went fort he exit of this mess.

«What’s up why are you in such a hurry?»

«I just don’t like attention and everyone just looked at me like I was an animal at a zoo or something like that.

«Ahh, let them be, don’t mind them», she said and squeezed my hand. It made me blush a little because I mean….a beautiful woman is holding my hand after all. Bet y’all never experienced it lmao joke.

We arrived outside at the small park oft he school as we sat down. Joohyun right beside me unpacking her lunch and started eating.

«Joohyun-ah, why didn’t you accept his request ? He seems like a pretty decent guy and like the most popular one after all», I asked her while stuffing my mouth with more chicken.

Her expressions changed. Uh-Oh she looks mad.

«So just because he’s handsome I have to accept him? Sae, you know how I am, I don’t go for looks», she said and sulked.

«Y-yeah I know that, sorry joohyun, but I mean his reputation is also good, you must have heard of it».

«Yeah but he’s been bothering me since the first day, even stalked me at some point. It got creepy as hell and I don’t have a good feeling with him anyway».

«Wtf he stalked you?»

«Yeah, he told me he lived somewhere on the other side of the town, yet I’ve been seeing him at the convience store in my neighboorhood every night when I’m getting my snacks. He always approaches he and said he was just nearby, I asked him what he was doing here and he never gave me an answer. That’s just nonesense».

«Hmm sounds suspicious yeah».

Joohyun nodded and took another bite of her red bean bread. It’s the 5th one she’s eating lmao this kid is eating a lot.

«So you probably gonna stay single your whole life or someone godlike has to win your heart», I joked.

 

Joohyuns pov:

I looked at the guy in front of me. That idiot is seriously taking the perks of having the attention of others form e to accept him. Does he seriously think I’m gonna say yes just because we’re surrounded my fellow students? I wish sae was here instead of him..

«No», I said and looked away. My eys met the ones I’ve been wanting to meet. Saes.

I walked over to her but she quickly grabbed my hand and went for the exit.

I bluished as I looked down at our hand. It feels warm and familiar. This is the one I love.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

«So you probably gonna stay single your whole life or someone godlike has to win your heart», I joked.

«Well I’m not someone who gives her heart that easily», I said.

If only she knew. About how I feel. About how she’s been on my mind 24/7. About how she already took my heart. And I’m glad to say that I’m happy it’s her. She’s always been kind and caring towards me, always helped me and supported me. Now it’s my time to help her. She’s been through a lot. I should’ve never let that girl go near Sae, all she did was hurting her. I’ll protect you this time Sae, just like you did, trust me no one will ever hurt you again.

« Earth to joohyun, you still here?»

«H-huh uhm yeah of course, let’s go, school’s about to start».

«Ughh I wanna go home».

«Despite your change in someway you’re still the same aren’t you?», I joked.

«Hmm well at some point yes », Sae said.

« How about going to a cafe after school ? We could do homework together ».

«Sure sounds good, count me in ».

After school we headed to the city. The weather was nice and warm, the fresh wind made everything even better. As we walked Sae spotted a cute cafe and I agreed going in.

«Looks nice here, let’s make it our regular meet up», I said and Sae nodded while patting my head.

We were waiting for a waitress to place us at a free spot as the cafe seems pretty full. As we almost lost hope, someone came by.

 

Sae’s pov :

We cam to a cafe that looked too cute to walk past by. It seems pretty crowded and joohyun looked like she gave up hope to be seaten at a free spot.

« A table for 2 ? », a female voice said. I didn’t even have to look up. This voice..the one I’ll always recognize, even if it’s 10 meters away. I looked over to joohuyn. She looked at the waitress with a shocked yet angry face. I looked over too. Mye yes met the pairs of eyes the familiar voice belonged to.

« S-s-sae.. », the owner of the oh so familiar voice said.

« A table for 2 », I quickly said and looked away.

« S.sure , please follow me »

Joohyun and me sat down, the rabbit rubbed my back and we went straight to do our homework. None of us said anything about the person we just met. Non of us dared to say anything. We just wanted to finish up quickly and leave. Every now and then I could feel a strong gaze of eyes looking at me, exactly knowing who they belong to.

After about 3 hours of doing homework and chatting we were ready to leave. Just was we left the cafe, a voice stopped us.

«Please wait!»

We turned around to see the waitress we just met out of breath. Joohyun grabbed my arm, that’s been always her way of something she fears and also when she wants to protect me.

«What do you want», Joohyun said coldly.

« Sae..I know I made mistakes but please hear me out I wa-, »

« I have no reasons to listen »

« Bu-, »

« No, we have nothing to talk about », I said just as cold as joohyuns tone. I turned around, not being able to look at her anymore.

« Farewell, Shuhua ».