After all

Would you?

Sae’s Pov:

It’s been a week since the nightmare took place. Things slowly went back to normal as days pass by. We still had to communicate and give the police our statements every now and then, but one thing’s for sure. Bogum is gonna rot in jail and as for Soojin, she’ll probably do so too, not as long as Bogum since she didn’t directly layed her hands on us but thanks to Joohyun’s recording we could prove that she’s just as guilty as he is. Shuhua’s been quiet lately. Her thoughts must have been flowing around Soojin, the one who once was really important to her before. Joohyun and I did our best to lift up her mood every time we could but the latter just shrugged it off. Guess she’ll still need some time to recover, as we all do.

It was midsummer already and the hot weather didn’t bother us much. Shuhua and I were sitting at a bench outside of school, waiting for Joohyun to come as she still had some paper work to do for Mrs. Kang.

«How are you these days?», I asked Shuhua, trying to break the silence between us.

«Better», she said and gave me a sweet smile. I’ve always had a weakness for her childish yet kind smile.

«Glad to hear that, if anything bothers you, let me know okay? I’ll try to be here for you as good as I can », I responded and returned the smile.

« Thank you Sae, I’ve seriously always loved that sweet and caring side of you »

« U-uh thanks », I said.

«There is actually something that bothers me»

«Wanna talk about it?»

«To be honest I-»

«Sorry I’m late I know, but here I am now», Joohyun came over and greeted us.

I looked over to Shuhua, who had her head down.

«I’ll back to it later», she gave me a weak smile. I nodded by her response.

« Uhm did something happen ? », the bunny asked worried.

«Nope all good, let’s go», Shuhua said.

We were on our way to a cafe, as usual to do homework and chat a bit. Honestly we never talked about the incident ever since it happened so we gotta use this oppotunity to talk it out. Just for ourselves to close this chapter of our lifes.

« Hey guys nice to see you back », the waitress greeted us with a smile. We’ve been regular guests as the coffee shop where wem et Shuhua again for the first time ever since the foreign girl got closer to us. No regrets tho, the coffee and cakes are delicious here.

« Thanks Jennie, nice to see you again too», Joohyun smiled at the waitress.

« Any thoughts of working here again SuSaN?», Jennie asked Shuhua in a playful tone.

« Excuse me I’m a busy woman I attend school now to graduate », Shuhua let out her accent which made us all laugh.

« Hahaha fine fine, so what can I get for you ? The usual?»

«Yes please», we all said.

«When are the others coming?», I asked Shuhua. She looked down to her phone.

«They should be here soon»

As soon he said that, the door swung open and a messy group of people came in.

« Here we are dudes how y’all doing», Minnie greeted us and they all took a seat.

« I’m still not sure if I should be comfortable of being called a dude», Joohyun said and crossed her armst o which Minnie playfuly punched her shoulders.

«Ah cmon you know it’s just a joke »

« Hmh »

I looked around the table and smiled. Never have I ever thought for this day to come where we all sit down as friends. Tot hink that we hated each other back then, how we fighted each other and how we fighted together feels unreal. Even Joohyun came to like them despite the fact that they were her bullies. Never hold on your grudges huh. I especially got close to Soyeon, as I got to know her more I found out how responsible she can be. We get along pretty well as we both share similar personalities. I’m glad they changed for the good.

« Here are your drinks », Jennie said and placed down our orders.

«Ohh we haven’t ordered yet though», Yuqi said and looked confused at the watermelon juice in front of her.

«I know what you guys like so I thought I’d order for y’all», Shuhua said and proudly smiled.

«Awee our little kid is all grown up», Miyeon said and patted her head.

«Yaaah I’m the highest person here after all»

«Pff whatever sUsAn», Joohyun joked.

« Sooo..have you guys been well?», Soyeon asked.

«Yeah I think we’ve been doing good process», I said.

«We went through hell huh…», Miyeon let out.

«Well yeah.. but to be honest if that hell never found place, I doubt that we all will be sitting here together. Eventho it was a nightmare, I’m happy we overcame it and made it out, it’s also all thanks to you guys», I said and gave them smile.

«Sae’s right..it still haunts me sometimes…to think that it could’ve turn out to be otherwise..that someone could’ve died or that Bogum and Soojin won», Joohyun said which made us all remain silence. The name of their member made G-idle worry. They still worry about her which of course I undertsand. They were or are still good friends after all.

«I visited her», Shuhua broke the silence.

« What ? really ? how come you never told us about it ? »

Shuhua let out a sigh as she continued.

« I couldn’t get her out of my min das I felt responsible for her sudden change of behaviour. She’s never been like that after all and she’s still a really important person to me. Without her, I wouldn’t have met any of you guys.»

«You know it’s not your fault Shuhua..» Soyeon said and gave her a worried look.

«I spoiled her with attention and love, of course she got used to it»

«It’s still not your fault sweetie, no one could’ve predicted that Soojin would go mad. Not even we knew it affected her this much. She’s just too obsessive and possessive», Miyeon said.

«But still..»

«Shuhua..you did nothing wrong..you’re not her toy, you don’t belong to her. She doesn’t have the rights to claim you as one of hers. All you can do now, i spray for her to come to her sense», I said and leaned over to hug her. This little girl has been through  lot..

«How is Soojin doing by the way?», Yuqi asked.

«She’s been quiet. Seems like she used her free time to reflect her doings. I don’t know exactly what she’s thinking but I guess she’s on a pretty okay way of recovering», Shuhua explained.

«That’s good then, don’t feel guilty for it Shuhua, what happened, happened» Joohyun said.

«With that said, how about we go to the arcade?», Minnie asked full of joy. Soyeon facepalmed herself tot he remark of her member.

«Jesus Minnie you’re so dense in such situations», Miyeon said.

«Yaaah what do you meaan», Minnie pouted.

«Hhahaha it’s not a bad idea, maybe we’ll get our minds off this topic for a while», I said.

«SEEE?! At least someone who agrees with me», Minnie said. And so, we went off for some fun.

The arcade wasn’t that full so we could enjoy ourselves to the fullest. The G-idle members were of course, having the time ot theirs lifes and even joohyun joined them as she’s always ben competetive in such games. She’d never lose and when she did, she’d be mad for a couple of minute. I watched them playing and found myself smiling at everything joohyun is doing. She’s just to cute to be true..I thought to myself as I felt my ears getting hot. These feelings I’ve been feeling are kinda confusing. I’ve never had the time tot hink about it either..

My eyes landed on Shuhua who has been standing on the side ever since arrived. I made my way to her and tapped on her shoulders. She jumped up a bit by the surprise touch and turned around to face me.

« Oh it’s you Sae »

« Are you okay ? you look like you have a lot on your mind. Still Soojin ? », I carefully asked.

« Hmm not exactly, can we maybe talk mor ein private?», she asked.

«Of course», I said and looked around to find a quiet place.

We sat down on a bench near a vending machine. I looked to Shuhua. Her skin is so white..She really grew up into a fine woman.

«Like what you see?», she suddenly asked and smirked. I blushed at her bold question.

«Pff maybe?», I said and tried to avoid her eyes.

«So? what did you wanna talk about?»

«You know..rememebr when explained everything to you behind the school? Like on the day I just trasnfered?»

«Yes?»

«Remember when…I said I really loved you?», she shily asked and I blushed again. Why would she bring that up?

«To be honest with you..it’s a lie »

« Huh ? », I let out in confusion.

« So you never loved me ? », I asked.

« No it’s not like that..I said I loved you, which is a lie because.. I still do. I’m still on love with you Sae », she said and came closer to me. Our nose touched and with that, she closed the gap bewteen us. Her soft lips were against mine. My heartbeat got fast and faster with every second that passes. She released the kiss and leanded her forehead against mine.

«Shuhua…»

«I just wanted to let you know my feelings..I’m not having high hopes but..I’d really appreciate if you could answer me sooner or later. But till thet time comes..let’s act like nothing happened», she said and stood up.

«Man I feel much lighter now», she said and lookd at me.

«Cmon let’s go back to the others», she took my hand and laughed. It’s the realest smile of hers that I’ve seen in such a long time.

 

Joohyun’s pov:

«Where’s Shuhua», Miyeon asked as it was her turn to dance against Soyeon.

I looked around and realized that Sae was gone too. I felt and uneasy feeling in my chest, knowing I souldn’t look for them and yet, my curiousity took over. Looking at every corner oft he arcade I froze as I was about to turn around the corner tot he vending machines. My heart droppe das I saw Sae and Shuhua kiss. None oft hem dodged each other. None oft hem moved. They were kissing.

«I’m too late again..», I murmed to myself as tears started to run down my cheeks.

I guess I’ll always be the bestfriend.


Guys, if you haven't seen G-idles comeback yet. DO IT.

I'm mesmerized.