Finally

Would you?

Shuhua’s pov:

After the arcade we waved goodbye to the G-idle members who lives at the other side of the town. The three of us then took the next train to get home. I did my best to hide the fact about what happened today, as for Sae she seems to be in deep thoughts. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any regrets but maybe I got the wrong timing. Joohyun seems to be distracted by something too, seems like something’ bothering her, she’s been quiet ever since we left the arcade. There’s no way she saw us right.. I like Joohyun, she became a dear friend of mine and it’s obvious that she has something for Sae, eventho the tall latter is so damn dense when it come tho this but.. I gottta stay true to my feelings, I won’t back off a second time, I’m sorry Joohyun.

 

Sae’s pov :

I waved the other tow goodbye and went inside to be greeted by my mother.

«Hey dear, you’re back early today»

«Yeah weh ad our fun at the arcade but I guess we’re all tired », I said, not bothering to lock eyes with her as I’m still in deep thoughts.

«Is something the matter sweetie? You seem a bit down »

« It’s nothing mom », I said, making sure to fake smile as best as I could.

« Sweetie, you can’t lie to me, I know you well enough, I’m your mother after all. But if you don’t wanna talk about it it’s fine, just know I’m here to support you », she said and gave me a tight hug. I returned her motherly kindness, I seriously am lucky to have such a great mother..

«Actually..someone confessed her feelings to me»

«Oh so it’s a girl» her mother said, not surprised because she always knew Sae had a thing for girls.

«Y-yes and..she is my first love.. »

« So where’s the problem ? »

« I..I’m not sure about my feelings »

« Hold up, is it the same girl who broke your heart back then?», mom asked me shocked.

« Actually yes-but ! We settled it and talked it out everything’s fine mom. It’s just I don’t know..it didn’t feel right »

« What do you mean with didn’t feel right Sae ? »

« She..she kissed me and I didn’t dodge but something felt off», I said and mom just smiled at me.

«Sae my dear, love can really be complicated huh ? If it doesn’t feel right, it doesn’t. If you think about it too much and even consider the fact that you once loved her and that she’s your first love, don’t you think you’ll start to have mercy with her ? Those feelings could confused you my dear. You could think of it as love but what if it’s just mercy ? What if you just love her in a friendly way ? Love has such a big variety. I love you as a mother, your friends love you as a friend, a dog loves you as it’s owner and someone will love you as a lover, as the person you are. Be careful not to mix it up ».

« But how do I know real love mom »

« Eveyrthin you love with all your heart is real love dear. You love my cooking, it’s not fake either », she joked which brought a small smile on my face.

« But if you mean love in relationships, I guess it’d be the person you think of before you go to sleep. The person you think of when you wake up. The person’s happiness you put before yours. That’d be my definition of love but you gotta fine it out yourself », she ended her sentence and went to the kitchen.

« I’ll prepare breakfast now, go take a shower dear, that’d maybe help», she said.

« The person I think about the most huh ? », I thought to myself.

The next morning arrived as I made myself ready for school. I waved my parents as a sign that I’m gonna leave now. To my surprise joohyun wasn’t there today so I texted her that’d be on my way to school, in case she overselpt. To my surprise she was already in class when I arrived.

«Hey where were you this morning?», I asked her as I put down my bag and sat on my chair.

«Hm I forgot to stop by sorry», she said and put on her other earphone, probably as a sign that she doesn’t wanna talk any further. Maybe she had a bad start in the day. The door opened and a tired Shuhua came in. I looked at her, my heart beating a little faster than I wanted it to do so.

«Morning guys, ugh traffic was hell», she said and sat down in front of us. I nodded in agreement. She then looked at joohyun who was focused on her paperwork before looking at me again, raising an eyebrow. Before I could say anything Shuhua already waved her hand in front of joohyun. The bunny looked up and only nodded as a greeting before looking down again.

«Let’s not bother her, she seems to be busy», I said.

Class ended and we were about to get some food when Joohyun suddenly stood up and excused herself saying she has something to do and won’t be joining us for lunch. Shuhua and I were confused but couldn’t do anything besides nodding.

« She seems a bit down », Shuhua said worried.

« yeah..let’s give her some time», I said.

But this behaviour of hers holded on for days. She stopped coming by at mine’s to pick me up, she’s always have her earphones on and barely talks to us. She’s disappear in every break we have and will come back just in time class would start. Shuhua got nervous day bay day and of course I’m worried too.

I tried not to think much of it, as it went by but it hurts. It hurts not being able to talk to her, it hurts to see her disappear everytime, it hurts not to see her smile..with everytime I see her back walking further and further away from me I feel like we’re drifting apart. I don’t want this, I don’t want joohyun to go further away from me..I..

A sudden realization came through my mind. The person…the person I’ve always been thinking of..the person I’ve been worried of..the person I always wanted to see…

« I’m so dumb», I thought to myself as I got up and got myself ready.

«Where are you going at this hour Sae ? Dinner will be ready soon», my mom asked me as I put on my shoes.

«I’m going to confess mom, I have made up my mind», I said and went out.

This time, this time, I will do everything right ! I will be honest with myself and I will be happy. But is it really good to give up on someone and be happy with another one ? Will it be okay to do so? Before I realized I already arrived at her house. I knocked at the door. There’s no going back anymore Sae, you gott ado what you gotta do, stop being a damn coward.

The door opened and the girl in front of it looked surprised. Of course she’d be I mean I came out of nowhere.

« What brings you here so late Sae?», the girl asked.

«We’ve gotta talk Shuhua»