Ending

Would you?

Shuhua’s pov:

«What brings you here Sae?», I asked in confusion.

«We’ve gotta talk Shuhua», she said in a serious tone. I coulnd’t hold my smile back as I exactly knew what the outcome of this conversation will be.

« I..I really like you, I really do and I do care about you Shuhua but.. my heart..it’s taken. I have feelings for someone else..I’m sorry.»

«Sae..it’s okay, don’t apologize for how you feel, no one can change that. I knew it already. I knew you had someone else in mind. But..I guess why not give it a try right? I’ve been trying to live my ife without regrets lately and you’re not of the things I will never regret. I’m happy you’re the one I fell for Sae », I said and held back my tears as good as I can.

« Shuhua I -»

« Go now, someone’s waiting for you for sure. If you hurt her I’ll yeet your », I said and turned around.

« See you tomorrow at school Sae « , I said closed the door behind me before breaking down on my knees. I shouldn’t be this pathetic, this is what I deserve why did I even had my hopes high up.

 

Sae’s pov :

Shuhua closed the door and left me behind. She’s right, I still have things to do. I pulled out my phone and called th eone who’s been wrecking my feelings. Pick up..please pick up..

«Hello?»

«Joohuny? Uhm are you free right now?»

«Now? Why? Did something happen?»

«No..I just..I want to see you»

«…»

«Joohuyn?»

«Where do you wanna meet?»

«I’ll be in front of your door in 5 min»

«Wh.-okay I’ll get ready, see you»

Beep

I ran after the she hung up. Why tf did I say 5 mins I will at least take 10 to get there ffs. Almost dead and out of breath I arrived in front of her apartment just in time. Joohyun was standing in front of her door, with a blanket wrapped around her body.

«Did you run here»

«Isn’t that obvious oh gawd gimme a sec to breath», I said and leaned against the wall. Joohyun gave me a worried look and came closer to look after me. I backed up by surprise to see her this close. My ears are getting got by her sudden touch on my forehead.

«You’re not sick or something are you?», she asked. I shook off her hand and stepped back.

«N-no I’m fine don’t worry»

«So what’s up?», she said and sat down at the bench in front of her door.

«Shuhua confessed her feelings to me..», I said. Joohyun’s face got dark. She looked sad for some reason and avoided eye contact as good as she could.

« So ? Are you guys dating now ? »

« Uh n-no I -»

« I’d be happy, you know I saw you guys kissing at the arcade which took me by surprise but I’m happy you guys found your way back together and-»

«Joohyun», I cutted her off. My heart felt heavy, the girl I love saw me kissing someone else..she knew it all along. She knew what happened..yet she remained silence..why..

«Why didn’t you say anything Joohyun-ah…?», I asked. She forced herself to smile but everyone could see, it’s fake.

« Why should I ? It’s none of my business after all..I can’t change feelings..but I wanted to support you..I’m your best friend after all Sae », her sad tone came out and tears started to fall down her beautiful face.

« I-I’m just crying cause I’m happy for you, don’t be mistaken », she said and wiped her tears away.

I can’t stand this anymore, seeing the woman I treasure the most cry is somethign no one ever wants to experince.

« Joohyun-ah what are you saying ? Shuhua and I are not dating», I finally said.

«H-huh», she said as she finally looked at me.

« Bu-but I thought you -»

« I don’t feel the same for Shuhua as she feels for me and you know why ? My hearts is taken anyway », I said to which Joohyunl looks down again.

« So..you’re in love with someone else?»

«Yes, that’s why I’m here, I want you to help me find the culprit for stealing my heart without me noticing», I said  and looked over to her.

«O..okay…», she said and pouted a little.

 

Joohyun’s pov :

I felt a bit relieved that it’s not Shuhua..but to know that she loves someone else is just as painful as if it’s Shuhua. I’m her bestfriend after all, I gotta pull myself together and help her. Her happiness is my happiness, she deserves it.

«So..who is it?», I carefully asked.

«She has long brown hair, pretty big and kind eyes eventho they can be scary sometimes. Her lips are pink as anything you could imagine to be pink and man she smells good. She’s not that tall but her height perfect for me to hug her. She’s smart and caring and hella pretty. Like the whole school admires her you know. They call her the unapproachable woman. I’ve been by her side for a pretty long time and weh ad our ups and downs and before I could even realize, she grew up into a strong and independent woman right in front of my eyes. Can you believe that? I couldn’t even recognize her when I saw her again», she said and laughed a bit. I looked at her. It can’t be..the one she’s talking about…is it..

« I love you Bae Joohyun », she confessed.

I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing. I couldn’t get agrip of myself right now. Before I could get a word out of my mouth, Sae leaned forward and peaked my lips.

«I….Sae..I love you too », I cried out and went straight into her arms.

 

Time skip

 

Sae’s pov :

It’s been 6 years since I confessed to Joohyun and we’ve been dating ever since. I work at my parents company now. Life’s been busy but my girl and I always found some free hours for some quality time together. Joohyun’s working for me as my secretary and is modeling for some magazines together with Shuhua. As for the foreign girl, she opened her own cafe in the neighboorhood which is pretty popular among teens.

«Babe, hurry up or we gonna be late », Joohyun said and sat on the edge of my table.

« Are you trying to seduce me or something get off my tableeee », I said and started blushing.

« Hehe someone’s shy », she said and wrapped her arms around my neck,

« Oh cmon ou know I’m always weak for you », I said and gave her a kiss.

« Let’s go », she said and took my hand. We got in the car and drove to our last destination for today.

« So cute, she decorated it nicely», Joohyun said and inside the cafe before we entered.

«Yahoo Susan here we are», Joohyun almost screamed in excitement to see her dear friend again.

«Yaaahh that was my phrase», Yuqi screamed from the other side of the cafe.

«Ahh you guys are already here?», I said and made my way to G-idle.

«We ain’t slow asses like you guys », Miyeon said and crossed her arms.

«I got it I got it sorry for being late», I apologized.

«Good to see you guys again, have you been well», Joohyun asked and took a seat beside me.

«Woah woah woah Bae Joohyun you’re getting hotter everytime we see each other again», Minie said in a playful manner to which joohyun blushed.¨

«Yaah, stop bothering my girlfriend»

«HAHA look at you, are you scared to lose against me ? My char mis on another level cmon fight me », the thai girl said and laughed. The rest of the members just facepalmed to her statement.

«Yah guys stop being so damn loud in my cafe», Shuhua showed up from behind.

«SHSHU I’VE MISSED YOU», we all let out at the same time.

« I said stop screaming ffs », she said and almost losing her patience.

«I’ve missed you guys too », she said and smiled brightly.

«So why did you call us?», Soyeon asked.

«Uhmm I just want to introduce you to a new worker of mine», Shuhua said and waved to someone around the corner.

We all had our mounth wide open as we saw the person making her way to us.

«Yah..Shuhua what does that mean…», Yuqi said.

«Guys, this is my new worker, Seo Soojin», she said and Soojin bowed. We all looked at each other. Ever since that incident, no one ever saw her again. It’s been 6 years so I guess she’s out of jail now.

«I know we had bad history with her but please give her a chance to prove that she’s changed, I talked to her and her psychatrist, the police is also aware of her working here so it’s pretty safe», Shuhua continued.

«Boah Shuhua, it’s not like we don’t welcome her back but man why didn’t you tell us before, you got us in shock», Miyeon said. Soojins eyes landed on me.

«Park Sae, I know I can’t change the past, but I still want to apologize to you, not o all of you form y behaviour and for everything you’ve been through because of me. I will try to make it up in any way that’s possible», she said and bowed again. I looked over to joohyun. She gave me a nod, then I looked over to the members, they also nodded.

«Forgive and forgot», I said which surprised her.

«Welcome back Soojin», Soyeon said and we all smiled. Soojin burst into tears, she never expected us to forgive her neither did she think that we will still be talking to her.

Joohyun held my hand and looked at me. I smiled at her, we did the right thing.

 

Life’s giving us so much to learn. Sometimes you think that life’s a b*tch when it’s actually challenging you for a change. It’s you, who decide what to do with the challenge. To learn and grow or to leave it be and take another path just tob e challenged by life again and again. I learned something important during life. If you hold grudges over years, they will always remember you oft he negative things that happened. And even after 5 years, you could have a deja vu of feelings you’d reather wanna forget, only because you can’t let go.

Forgive and forget, move on with life and find inner peace with yourself. People can change, be sure you won’t be stuck in your own nightmare.