Chapter 1

Would you?

Ever since that incident 3 years ago, you closed yourself up. Being a nerd and anti-social might not be that bad, no one can hurt you, no one can break you and no one will ever break you apart again, you thought for yourself back then. That thought just became reality as years passed by.

Now, as a 19 years old girl you’re still in highschool. Why? Cause you didn’t attend school ever since that life changing incident happened. You closed yourself up, never went out for a year. Now that you somehow managed to pull yourself together, your parents convienced you to go back to school and graduate. First you didn’t want to, you’d just be a firggn victim as a 19 years old to go back to highschool. People would either make fun of you or make your school life as hell. But standing here withou any graduation papers in your hand is also , so you just agreed to go back to school. It’s just for a year, I can do that, you thought for yourself. Eventho you will take over your parents company anyway.

On your first day, the nice spring weather and fresh air welcomed you as you stepped out of your house. It calms you down pretty quick as you see some other students whit faces full of youth passes you by. You smiled for yourself and thought that life may be good after all. Funny how such a small sight of lively kids can make you smile. You’re pretty weak for cute girls anyway to be honest.

Arriving at school was a mess. Walking through the entrance seeing all sorts of students hanging around made you feel made. You could clearly see the sorts of kids, the cool ones, the nerdy ones, the popular ones, the « normal » ones and the rebell ones.

You just kept your head down as you find your way to the teachers room.

« Knock, Knock »

« Come in », a female voice can be heard saying.

Stepping in and bowing to her, making your way to the teachers desk as you see another tiny figure stanind there. Proportion like a model, tiny, long brown hair and she smells like flowers. She tunred her head and you made eye contact. Wow…, you thought for yourself. The person standing in front of you seems tob e out of a fairy tail. Big eyes, beautiful lips and hella pretty, just like a godess.

« So you must be Park Sae», the teacher said.

«Yes», I replied, which made the godess beside you startle a bit.

«Good, may the 2 of you please follow me », the teacher said as she stood up and made her way to the door.

Me and the shorter girl followed her in silence.

I guess I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name’s Park Sae, currently in the 3rd year of Seoul highschool despite being 19. I’m pretty tall for a girl, which is 1.72m. Hiding my face behind some round glasses which I need to see my surroundings cause I’m pretty much blind without them. As for my style, pretty much casual and tomboyish. I like being comfortable.

«Here’s your class, may you have a good first day at school», the teacher said and knocked on the door before leaving.

 

 

Another female teacher opened the door and told us to come in.

«So students, before we start into the new school year I’d love to introduce the new students to you all», she said and looked at us.

«My name is Mrs. Kang, I hope we will have a nice year together as teacher and student», she said before giving me a sign to continuin.

«Uhm..ehh my name is Park Sae, I’m 19 years old and ..uhmm nice to meet you all, I hope we get along», I stuttered. Hearing my age, some students frowned in confusion.

«She must have had taken a break for a year», I heard someone whisper,

«yeah must be so», someone else said.

«I’m Bae Irene, 20 years old, just came back from abroad, hope we get along», the latter beside me said. Oh wow, she’s even a year older than me, I thought for myself while taking a glimps of her, just to see thta she’s smiling at me. I awkwardly frowned and tried to smile back.

«Holy she’s pretty», «Woah I’ve never seen a beauty like her before», «Is she even real?», I think I just fell in love», «I bet she must be an idol», the whole class is talking, and the topic is of course, Bae Irene.

«Good, so you 2, there are 2 seats free over there, please sit down and try to follow okay?, if you have any questions, just ask», Mrs. Kang kindly says.

I made my way thorugh the class, with my head down straight forward tot he seat. As I’m trying to focus on class, which is difficult cause everyone is looking at the person beside me, at Bae Irene, and what make sit even more difficult to focus on is, thatperson, exactly Bae Irene is looking at me, M E. Man what the actual fu- is even with her. I looked over at her a bit and turned around just then when I meet her eyes. My ears got hot and I felt myself blushing. I could swear I saw her smiling at the corner of my eye. As soon as class ended I rushed out, to hide and do my homeweork but most importantly running away from the chaos, from Irene. As I turn around to see if she’s actually following me I saw that she’s surrounded by students anyway. I sighed in relief. That was close. Why would someone like her be interested in someone like anyway? Or am I just imagining it? Yeah probably. Get your together Sae, it’s your first day, don’t daydream around.

 

Irene’s pov

« Come in », the teacher said. As I turn around to look at the person coming in my heart skipped a beat. « Sae »..thought. No it can’t be..I haven’t seen her since that incident 3 years ago.

Flashback

Life was never easy for me. Back then, I was pretty much overweight and got bullied a ot because of that. Boys would make bets to ask me out just to turn me down the moment they saw some happiness in me, girls would make fun of my weight and my looks.

It was so bad, I almost ended comitting suicide..the one and only hope in life was someone who always talked to me, someone who treated me like I was actually worth it, Park Sae. As we lived in the same neighboorhood she took care of me on my way home, even though she was a year younger, it’s like I’m the younger one. The only soucre of my smile was Sae back then. I’d lie if I say I never crushed on her. Man she was, better say still ist he love of my life. Suddenly, our walks home became less, you told me why. You started to date someone. That someone made you happy, happier that I ever could. That someone lookedlike a fairy, she looked like something I never could. I was happy for you Sae, you deserve every piece of happiness in this world. But out of nowhere I never saw you again. I rang your dorbell just to be greeted by your mother saying you’re not feeling well. This went on for months, and almost a year. My father deceided to work overseas for some time and I agreed to go with him. I wanted a change, I wanted to change myself, and come back even better for you, to take care of you, just as you did form e. So I left.

End of flashback

Here I am now, as I made sure this is really the sae I know. Her moles at her ear told me its her. I must look hella different..Sae..don’t you recognize me.. ? It’s me, you’re joohyunnie..

Just what happened to you..you changed.. you’re more quiet, more shy and somehow I see sadness in your eyes..what did that girl do to you?

 

Your pov:

After running away from all those crazy students surrounding the other new student you finally sat down under a tree. Staring up tot he sky while taking a deep breath.

Being at the campus again got you some déjà vus and you just coulnd’t help yourself but whispered..

«Shuhua..»