Cafe Seri

Should I?

Korean Words/Phrases in this Chapter:

Yeojachingu - girlfriend

Nae namjachingu - my boyfriend 

Geurona, naneun dangsinege mudseubnida - "But, I'd like to ask you." 

Geongjong maseyo - "Don't worry."

Hajiman, chincha. Saranghandago. Jeongmal. - "But really. I love you. So much."

Jamkkanman - "Just a minute"

--

As soon as we returned to Korea, our trip to Los Angeles felt like a dream to me. Ye Jin and I rarely saw each other these days, since she was so busy with the opening of her cafe and I, with managing VAST. Despite this though, we made sure to make each other's presence felt by frequently sending text messages and doing video calls in our lonesome. 

I missed her a lot, but we both agreed to this set up. She wasn't ready to admit to everyone that we were together just yet, and though I had no problem with letting the whole world know that I was dating Ye Jin, I had to respect my yeojachingu's wishes. I loved her too much. 

On this cold spring night, I had no other plans but to give myself some well-deserved shuteye after work. Well, that was before Ye Jin called me up and asked if it would be okay for me to visit her at her cafe. Of course, I responded that I would love to, but that I was worried that paparazzis like Dispatch would get a shot of me getting out of my car and walking towards the cafe, but she told me not to fret as she had a back door made just for me. 

Ye Jin decided to name her cafe, "Cafe Seri". She told me that it was because the ever adventurous, brave and loving Yoon Seri had left such a big mark on her heart, that she wanted to remember her every single day for the rest of her life. She was simply sentimental like that. 

As soon as she saw me enter the cafe, she hurriedly ran towards me and gave me the tightest hug. Her staff, which I hadn't met yet, all laughed at the sight. I felt really shy, but I decided to shake the feeling off anyway. 

"Everyone, I have a very quick announcement to make." Ye Jin said. "In just a few days, Cafe Seri will be opening its doors to the public. I guess I just wanted to take this time to thank all of you for really putting your heart into this the same way I did." She added. 

"I know you know that I'm not one to talk about my personal life, but because I treat you all like family, there is someone I would like to introduce to you." Ye Jin started, to which the staff responded with wide smiles and giggles. "Seri wouldn't be Seri if not for Jeong Hyeok, right? Well Ye Jin wouldn't be Ye Jin if not for Hyun Bin. So everyone, I'd like you to meet nae namjachingu." 

All I managed to utter was an "Annyeonghaseyo." and everyone squealed... well except the guys who chose to hide what they felt by simply smiling and clapping their hands in delight. 

"Geurona, naneun dangsinege mudseubnida. Please do not let anyone else know. I revealed this to all of you because I trust you. Bin might be coming over often and I didn't want to surprise all of you, so I decided that it was best to let you know beforehand." Ye Jin said. "Geongjeong maseyo, he doesn't bite." She added, her remark eliciting laughter from her staff and I. 

"Anyway, let's get back to work? Baristas, the menu please. Everyone else, please continue to make our cafe pretty." Ye Jin announced before turning towards me. "As for you, mister, I want to show you something." 

Ye Jin led the way and brought me into this secret room at the farthest end of the cafe. When we entered the room, I was surprised to see that it resembled that of Jeong Hyeok's, with our pictures nicely hung on the wall. 

"Wow." I uttered. 

"I don't think I can name my cafe, Cafe Seri, without having a touch of Jeong Hyeok in it right?" Ye Jin smiled. "I really had this room made just for us. So that, you know, after a long day's work, we can just crash in here, have some good coffee and act like the rest of the world doesn't exist." She added. 

"This is really thoughtful of you." I said, gently squeezing her hand in reply. 

"Tae Pyeongi," Ye Jin said. "When I say that I love you and that I am thankful for you, I really do mean it." She added. "God knows how hard I tried to fight these feelings away, but I guess when He saw how happy you made me, and how a little less lonelier I felt when you were around, he decided to have me fall even harder for you." 

I smiled as I caressed her face. 

"Now that you're in my life, I promise to love you and to take care of you in the best way possible." I said. "I will always make you smile, make you laugh with my silly antics, annoy you with being so full of myself," I laughed. "And of course, constantly buy coffee from Cafe Seri so you don't get broke." 

"Ya, Kim Tae Pyeong." She adorably frowned.

"I'm just kidding." I said. "Hajiman, chincha. Saranghandago. Jeongmal." I added. 

Just when I was about to kiss her, Ye Jin's phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket, causing her to spring up a little bit. 

"Jamkkanman." She uttered, bringing her phone out of her pocket. 

Suddenly, a familiar name appreared on the screen and my eyebrows couldn't help but furrow in confusion. 

"Jung Hae In?" I said, feeling an ounce of jealousy flow right through my system.

"Why is he calling you?"