The Last Day

Should I?

Author's Note: 

Hey guys! How are you all doing? I hope that everyone has stayed healthy despite this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Do know that I am praying for everyone's strength and protection amidst this trial, and that as a BinJin writer, am striving to deliver some good vibes to you guys through this fan fiction. Anyway, I know that I brought up a posting schedule for SI, but since I've been spending more time at home, all I've been doing is write. I'm afraid I can't follow the posting schedule since inspiration might just hit me randomly and I'll be posting at random times HAHAHA at this moment, I would like to ask you guys for more suggestions with regards to this fic. Is there something that you would like to happen? Let those creative juices out and let me know in the comment box below. Hope you guys stay safe and continue loving BinJin!

Love, Annette

Korean Phrases in this Chapter:

"Geongjong hajima, Hae Jin sshi. Urin gweanchanheulgoya." - "Do not worry, Hae Jin. We will take care of ourselves."

"Geumbang, sachon. Geumbang." - "Soon, cousin. Soon."

"Nan sangwan eobseo" - 'I don't care."

--

I was surprised to have woken up at passed 9 in the morning today. I was usually an early riser, but I guess I had slept so well last night that even the loud alarm clock beside my bed had a difficult time waking me. 

Almost instantly, I felt that Ye Jin wasn't lying beside me so I scrambled up. Her cousin was probably looking for her already, and she was in a rush to leave. Aish, how could I not have been gentleman enough to awaken first, so I could've at least brought her home? 

When I left my bedroom to get some water, I stopped dead on my tracks when I saw the scene that was unfolding right before me; Ye Jin preparing breakfast for the both of us. 

She probably felt me standing by the doorway that she looked up from brewing coffee and smiled when our eyes met.

"You're awake." She said. 

"I thought you left so soon." I replied. 

"Without preparing you a decent meal when you fed me and offered me a place to stay last night? No way, mister. That won't be very nice of me." Ye Jin said, as she starting pouring coffee on two mugs. 

As a sign of both gratitude and love, I slowly approached her and gave her a warm back hug. I felt her flinch in surprise at first, but she was quick to nuzzle her face against mine when she felt me close. 

"Gomawo," I uttered softly in her ear. "It's been a while since I last experienced something like this, and I'm just glad that this is all happening now... with you." I added. "Unexpected, but I wouldn't have it any other way." 

Ye Jin smiled. 

"I can't believe you're getting this cheesy and it's only 9:30 in the morning." She said. "I fried some bacon and made some pancakes for us. I'm not much of a cook, but I hope you like it." 

"I won't just like it. I'll love it, for sure."

The two weeks we had spent in Los Angeles went by so fast. Hae Jin had found out that Ye Jin and I were together and insisted that we stayed much longer so as to enjoy our "normal life" in LA, but we insisted that we needed to go back home to attend to our respective responsibilities. 

When we were in a foreign country like this, with not a lot of people knowing our identity, it was so tempting to just stay here and start a life of our own. But indeed, it was easier said than done. Not only were we actors in Korea, but I was the CEO of Vast Entertainment, and Ye Jin's plan of putting up a cafe in Gangnam was just starting to materialize. We couldn't just ditch the life that we had over there. We had to continue working to secure the future that we wanted together. 

"I can't believe you two are leaving tomorrow." Hae Jin said over dinner. She had decided that it was best for us to have dinner at a fancy restaurant in Downtown LA for our last night here. "Can't you just stay a little longer?" She asked. 

Ye Jin and I glanced at each other and smiled. 

"Leaving you like this always make me sad, Hae Jin ah, but don't you worry. We'll be back very soon." Ye Jin said, gently squeezing her cousin's hand in reply. 

"When you go back to Korea, it won't be like this anymore, you know." Hae Jin replied. "This freedom that you have, it'll be really limited, and I just can't help but worry about you two. I know how the Korean media and netizens can be. I just don't want them to pressure nor harrass you about your relationship." 

"Geongjong hajima, Hae Jin sshi. Urin gweanchanheulgoya." I said, reassuringly. "I promise to take care of Ye Jin in the best way that I can. I'll be very cautious of my words and my actions, so that no one will see her in a bad light." I added. 

"But when do you plan to tell everyone about this?" Hae Jin asked. "Not that I'm being negative, but you do know that you can't hide this forever right? People will eventually find out." 

Ye Jin sighed. 

"Geumbang, sachon. Geumbang." She said. "I just don't want any unnecessary attention to my private life just yet. We'll speak up when we're ready." 

"Araso." Hae Jin nodded. "But I'm rooting for you two, okay? Remember to not let anyone nor anything get in the way of your relationship. When things are difficult, talk and listen to one another. Never forget that you love each other." 

"Ya, Son Hae Jin, when did you learn all those things? I don't remember you having a boyfriend in the past nor the present." Ye Jin said. 

"Well, you don't necessarily need to have a significant other to know about love, right?" Hae Jin smiled. "I just really wish you two well."

"Kamsahamnida." I replied. "Don't worry, Ye Jin will constantly update you about the both of us."

"Hmmm, I like the sound of that." Hae Jin said. 

The night continued on with hearty meals and drinks, till we found ourselves hugging each other tightly when it ended. I could really feel the tight bond between Ye Jin and Hae Jin when they were close to tears while saying their goodbyes.

Hae Jin couldn't bring us to the airport anymore due to a scheduled work trip tomorrow. 

After saying their goodbyes, Ye Jin took her bags and stayed the night at my place. We sat down by the balcony, looked up at the night sky and pondered how our lives would change once we got back to Korea. 

"You do know that when we get home, no more beach trips and coffee dates yet, right?" Ye Jin said. "We can't freely go out for dinner as well, nor hang out with our friends at noraebangs. It'll be really boring." 

"Nan sangwan eobseo." I replied. "I won't let those trivial things affect our relationship. I love you too much." 

Ye Jin stared at me and smiled. 

"What did I ever do in my life to deserve someone like you?" 

"Mollayo." I smiled back. "But I hope you're happy that I'm in it." 

"Of course, I am." Ye Jin said. "I will always be."

As we looked up at the night sky once again, I could only hope that indeed, nothing was going to change when we headed back to Korea. 

This relationship wasn't going to be like mine and Hye Kyo's. Ye Jin and I weren't going to listen to people outside of our relationship nor were we going to give in to the pressures by the media and some fans. 

We were going to handle this in the best way possible, because I have made up my mind. This is going to be my last relationship, and I was willing to protect it with my entire life