Forever

Should I?

Author's Note: 

Hey guys! What's up? First and foremost, I just wanted to thank everyone who has read and are still reading "Should I". This fan fiction was born out of my love for CLOY, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin and it's really nice seeing BinJin shippers gather and enjoy this little creation of mine. I hope that you continue supporting this fic till the very end and that you keep sending me in all these comments because I love reading them! They motivate me to write even more chapters <3 So anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter written in Bin's POV. Tell me what you think about it!!! Kamsahamnida!

Love, Annette

P.S. I am also thinking about having a posting schedule for SI so that you guys will know when the next chapter will be. Are you guys in favor of the idea? Tell me down below!

--

Despite being in the spotlight for more than a decade now, I have always done my best to keep my private life, private

In as much as I enjoyed the love and the affection that my fans had given to me all these years, long had I acknowledged the fact that there were just some aspects of my life that I needed to keep for myself and for the ones who knew me outside this industry, and that was my family and closest friends. 

It's not that I didn't want to share to the world who I was as Kim Tae Pyeong, but I guess I just wanted to keep these things away from public scrutiny. 

When something was too precious to me, I had to make sure that nothing and no one could ever destroy it. 

So staring at the most beautiful woman I had ever known, asleep in my arms, I knew that I had protect her with all that I had. 

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect for her to say the things that she said a while ago. I couldn't say that she was intoxicated, because there wasn't any soju in sight. I guess she was just being completely honest with her feelings after having kept them in for so long. 

In my 36 years of existence, I had only been in love twice in my life.

The first was with Hye Kyo sshi. She was my first love, the one who taught me what it really meant to be passionate with the things you loved the most. 

Hye Kyo was quiet, but with me, her smiles were a lot wider and her laughter, a lot louder. We suited each other so well, that talking about our future together, was something we'd often do, but suddenly, things changed when we decided to go public about our relationship. 

Suddenly, there was so much pressure that was placed into our shoulders that it was just too much for her to handle. 

I could take it, I knew that I could because I loved her so much, but she, being the more sensitive and introverted one, decided to just end things and focus on her career. 

Before entering the military, she sent me a long text message saying just how much she loved me and how sorry she was for breaking my heart. It was just that, she was scared that the pressure from the media, our fans and some detractors would eventually destroy in the end. She said that she'd rather have me in her life as a good friend, that lose me altogether. 

I understood her decision, despite the fact that I wasn't in favor of it. I desperately wanted her to fight for us the way I did, but I loved her too much that I decided to give her what she truly wanted and that was her freedom from me and from us. 

The second time was with Sora sshi. She was eight years younger than me but it was her intellect and warmth that ultimately drew me to her. Unfortunately, we started out relationship in a time where her career was blossoming, and I was also busy with so many other things, that we didn't have much time for each other, so instead of dragging the relationship longer, we decided to go back to just being friends. 

And then, there was Ye Jin sshi. The third, and hopefully, the last. 

Before The Negotiation and Crash Landing On You, I had seen her so many times in awards shows. She had always been so breathtakingly beautiful, stunning me each time we'd pass each other by, but we'd exchange nothing more than a smile and some small talk before we got the chance to work with each other. 

A few years had passed, and now, she was more than just a breathtakingly beautiful actress for me. She was a friend, a woman that I had grown attached to and could no longer imagine my life without. 

The more I got to spend time with her, the more I got to know her on a much more personal level. I knew so many things about her that most people didn't know, and I was thankful for the trust that she had given to me. 

Despite being an actress who has been in the industry for quite some time now, Ye Jin was never an open book to the public. Her image was that of a strong, independent woman, who didn't need a man by her side to reach all of her aspirations in life.

But then, I remembered that one night when we were taking a break from filming in Switzerland and everyone had decided to go out and discover the city. They were all so busy with their own plans that no one bothered to take a second look at Ye Jin, who was suffering from a mild fever that night.

She put a strong facade in front of everyone, but I could see right through her and all I thought was that, she was a strong and independent woman, yes, but at times like this, who was going to take care of her? Who would watch over her and assure her that everything was going to be okay? I had decided that I was willing to be that person for her, only if she would let me

Despite her resistance at first, I took care of her that night and from then on, I just felt something change between the both of us. We tried to fight the feeling, but in the end, all it took was a plane ride to another country for us to finally admit that we had feelings for one another. 

Ye Jin told me that she wasn't going home to Hae Jin's tonight. She just wanted to be by my side, to enjoy the feeling of being a regular couple because we knew that once we were headed back to Korea, we had to be extra careful of our words and actions. 

So I continued to look at her as she slept, softly tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear and murmured, "Ye Jin sshi, we're going to be okay. I won't let anyone nor anything destroy us, because this is it for me. I want you. I want us. Forever."