A new mistake

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The studio was silent, save for the faint scritches from Tiffany sketching her third submission. She never had an excellent memory despite being a perfectionist, or rather, her perfectionism made her memory get better.

The way Taeyeon's eyes lit up, the little curve her lips had and the child-like wonder she had on her face the previous day.

"Really? I can't wait to see it!"

The sheer joy she had on her face when Tiffany said she'd turn her sketch into a painting, it made her feel fuzzy on the inside, that her art meant something to someone.

The little glint in her eyes, the way her hair tumbled down her face, gently caressing her cheeks, the way her tongue peeked out under her teeth ever so slightly, she tried her best to capture every single detail she could remember from the day before, finding it surprisingly easy to do so.

She glanced quickly at the clock on the wall opposite her. 6:37 am.

She purposefully arrived much earlier than she was supposed to today, all for the sake of finishing this sketch before Taeyeon got here. Without her around, the studio felt a little empty, but it made drawing that much easier, without anyone to judge her as she finished up the third sketch, scribbling the title in one corner on the back like a school project.

She hummed in satisfaction, admiring her sketch, mostly because it was Taeyeon, taking out the other two pieces, her arms crossed as she studied the three drawings.

"Loneliness, Anticipation, and Joy," She muttered to herself. The drawing of Taeyeon in the café reflecting loneliness, the drawing of Taeyeon when she was told she'd be her temporary model, or at least she thinks it's temporary, being anticipation, and the drawing of Taeyeon after being told she'd be made into a painting being Joy.

Tiffany hummed to herself, scribbling titles in the same manner on Loneliness and Anticipation, the gears in her head turning as she figured out the style of her exhibition.

She quickly glanced at the half-done painting of 'Anticipation', tutting to herself, thinking about the wasted work she did the day before, hiding 'Loneliness' away in its own drawer, 'Anticipation' and 'Joy' being placed in her top drawer.

 

 

 

Another quick glance at the clock. 6:45 am.

'I wonder when she'll be here' Tiffany thought. There had never been a day since Taeyeon started work where Tiffany didn't arrive earlier than Taeyeon. Tiffany would always arrive at 7 am on the dot, and Taeyeon would always be there to greet her with her crashing metal and peppermint tea.

The door creaking open snapped her out of her thoughts, Taeyeon peeking her head in, surprised to see Tiffany already in the studio.

"Ah, who are you and what have you done with Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked in a sweet tone, grabbing the nearest bunch of paintbrushes, approaching her as she raised them like a weapon.

"What are you talking about? It's me, Tiffany," Tiffany flustered, instinctively backing away from Taeyeon, flinching as she held her tools of creation as tools of destruction.

"I'm not buying it, she never arrives earlier than 7 am," She deadpanned, swinging the paintbrushes at her, barely missing her as Tiffany dodged swiftly, very clearly aware of the layout of her studio.

"What's wrong with you? It's really me! If I'm not Tiffany, the real one would walk in at 7 am right?" Tiffany yelled at her, only to duck as Taeyeon hurled one of the paintbrushes at her, snatching another quick glance at the clock. 6:46 am.

"You're right. That doesn't mean I'm going to let you just sit around until then," Taeyeon laughed, sending a shiver of fear down Tiffany's back as she approached her yet again.

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm not putting up with this for 14 minutes! It's really me! Is there anything I can do to prove it?" Tiffany resorted to begging, knowin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter