A new desire

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed, the exhibition of Tiffany's life was tomorrow, and the stress and anxiety were bearing down on her. The decision she made to distance herself from Taeyeon mocked her throughout her days, taunting her with visions of dates and sleepovers she so desperately wanted to experience with her.

She wanted to come clean, to tell her how much she loved her, to tell her how much she liked her, but she had to deal with the exhibition first. It was a day away and she still had to draw two more drawings of her. She doesn't know any other emotion she could evoke from Taeyeon aside from the ones she's already drawn.

The stress of the exhibition and the stress from her love for Taeyeon were weighing heavily on her and her mind, wearing her patience thinner than ever before. She promised herself to keep her love a secret, not that she wanted to, but it was for her sake, for their sake. If word got out that they were dating, the backlash would be immense, for Taeyeon and Tiffany alike.

 

"Are you not going to tell her?" Seohyun asked, leaning back in her chair as she scrolled through her phone. She hasn't appeared in her studio for some time, so she crashed it today as a friend rather than a model.

"I can't. The public nearly ripped us to shreds when the rumours started, and it took months to bandage that up. If they think I'm dating her while dating you, I'd be seen as some cheating , and she'd be seen as some seductress. I don't want that, I just want her to be safe," Tiffany explained, scratching her head at the black piece of paper in front of her, the lack of inspiration for even one drawing taunting her.

"So what's the reason for you not calling her in today?" Seohyun asked, a gentle smile on her face, glad to see that Tiffany found someone she adored with her heart. Seohyun knew that she really loved Taeyeon, and she knew she was seriously considering every single detail of their relationship, and what would happen if she made a mistake.

"It's not that I didn't call her in, she said she had something to do today, so I just told her not to come," Tiffany replied, a sudden void appearing in her stomach, a bad premonition plaguing her mind as she whipped her head to Seohyun, "Should I have asked her to come in? But I didn't want to disturb her from doing what she was supposed to do. God, why is my life crumbling in front of one person?" Tiffany lamented, almost slamming her head onto her desk, resting her forehead on top.

Seohyun chuckled as she looked at Tiffany, her perfectionist, strict, no-nonsense friend being torn down into a complete mess by a single person. Tiffany, who always had a concrete plan before doing anything, not knowing what to do as the situation passes her by. Tiffany, who always scowled at everything, turned into a smiling, soft mess simply by the very thought of her.

 

"Well, my suggestion still stands, I think you should talk to her, and let her know how you feel before it's too late," Seohyun said with a shrug, typing away on her phone.

"I know, I really want to," Tiffany sighed as her pencil lazily hovered over the blank piece of paper, trying to simulate any emotion she could picture Taeyeon making, dropping the pencil in defeat.

"Well, it's been fun hanging out with you, but I got other plans," Seohyun said, getting out of her chair as she walked towards the door, the knob turning before she arrived, creaking open as Taeyeon stood in the doorway.

"Hi Seohyun," Taeyeon said with a gentle smile, causing Tiffany's ears to perk up, her mood immediately getting better.

"Yo, I'll leave the two of you alone," Seohyun smiled in return, quietly slipping past Taeyeon, leaving her standing in the studio's doorway, Tiffany quickly walking up in front of her, her eyes not bothering to hide the excitement she had to see her, like a puppy whose owner came back after hours of work.

 

"What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked, biting her tongue to hold herself back from enveloping her in a hug she so desperately wanted to have with her.

"I've come to talk to you," Taeyeon said, a melancholic tone gripping Tiffany by the collar, forcing the void she felt minutes ago to return.

"What's wrong?"

"Here," Taeyeon ignored her question, brandishing an origami rose between her delicate fingers, a wide grin on her face.

"Oh," Tiffany muttered under her breath, gently receiving the rose as a blush spread on her cheeks, admiring the intricate details within the petals.

"I'm glad you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter