An old truth

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she stepped out of the museum, slipping past reporters and critics hoping to catch a glimpse of the many artists who were gathered today, Tiffany's held onto Taeyeon's sleeve, the pair quietly making their way away from the hubbub.

"You seem to know you way around the place," Taeyeon said as they slowed their pace.

"I spent some time wandering around before the exhibition, so I kinda familiarised myself with the building, or at least the first floor," Tiffany laughed softly in response, taking a breath as she looked at the path before her feet, "Seohyun– She told me about yesterday,"

"Oh, that," Taeyeon mumbled, feeling somewhat embarrassed about the little act she put on yesterday.

She didn't receive a single clue from Seohyun about what Tiffany wanted to tell her, but she figured it out, more or less. Tiffany liked her, and she was painfully aware of it, despite not hearing a single word about it from her, because she didn't need to hear anything from her to know that much.

She poured so much effort into the details of her sketches, and lovingly praised her origami work. She's become more forgiving on Taeyeon, and ever since she saved her from her ex's abuse, has treated her much better.

She can no longer see Tiffany as the stoic, expressionless perfectionist everyone expects her to be, only seeing her as herself, a woman who's in touch with her emotions, unable to verbally express herself explicitly, using her other mediums to express herself instead, whether she's aware of it or not.

"I want to tell you something," Tiffany said, stopping the both of them in their tracks, turning to look at Taeyeon, holding her shoulders so that she looked at her as well.

"O–oh?" Taeyeon replied, the sudden realisation that she had no idea how to reply to her, was this her confession? Did Taeyeon like Tiffany in return? This was way too sudden, how would she tell Tiffany about her feelings?

"You're the basis of my exhibition," Tiffany said, catching the both of them off guard, "I've drawn nine sketches of you, I need one more to complete it."

"What the am I saying?"

"Oh, and you want me to model for you?" Taeyeon asked, piecing two and two together, feeling a tad disappointed that she didn't con–

"Yes, but not that look," Tiffany said, Taeyeon being able to feel her hands trembling as they gripped onto her shoulders, "I've seen that look yesterday, it's Disappointment."

"You did?" Taeyeon asked, not knowing she could catch on to her facial expressions so quickly.

"I did, I'm sorry for not telling you the truth earlier," Tiffany said, looking down at their feet before tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter