A new relationship

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany stood outside her studio, already hearing metal crashing on the floor inside her studio as she mumbled a few curses before taking a few breaths, stepping inside to see Taeyeon spinning around, the metal container that she keeps knocking over in her hands.

"I–I'm sorry, I'll clean it up," Taeyeon sheepishly said, anxiety apparent in her tone. She'd just been offered more days to work with her idol, and she promised to try extra hard to not get in the way by messing things up.

"It's–It's fine," Tiffany sighed in exasperation, waving her hand dismissively, not wanting to tire herself out any further, "Just put it back where it belongs and follow me," she said, placing her bag by the door as she turned around, already starting to walk.

"Oh, ok," Taeyeon replied, quickly placing the metal container in her hands back on the table, grabbing Tiffany's bag and placing it at its usual position beside her desk as she briskly walked after her, closing the studio's door behind her.

"Where are we going?" Taeyeon asked, handing Tiffany her thermos once she caught up with her, "Don't you have an exhibition to prepare for? And isn't it important?"

"Oh, thanks," Tiffany said, quietly taking the thermos from her as she took a sip.

Still hot.

"It's important, which is why we're here. the whole theme of the exhibition is about relationships, like friendships and rivalries. I would paint about Seohyun, but painting the same subject ten times gets boring, doesn't it?" She explained as she stopped in front of a small café, tucked away in a corner, "which is why I'm here, to try and forge a new relationship with you. This was all Seohyun's idea, and I couldn't care less on whether you become my friend or my enemy, as long as you manage to form a relationship with me, that's good enough."

"I understand, so we need to spend time with each other?" Taeyeon asked as she stepped inside the café, the smell of bread and coffee instantly washing over them.

"You seem to not mind that I have a very technical view of this."

"I'm spending time with you regardless, I don't mind, plus, it'll let me see your daily habits outside of the studio for once," Taeyeon replied as the two of them took a seat next to the window.

 

"Why do you find it boring to do ten art pieces of Seohyun?" Taeyeon piped up, taking a sip of the coffee that she ordered.

"Do you not find it boring? It's not boring for me, painting is the one thing I'm great at, but from a viewer's perspective, it gets dull after the first three." Tiffany replied matter-of-factly, resting her chin on her hand as she sipped from her thermos.

"Well, the theme of the whole exhibition is about relationships, isn't it? It's an exhibition of your art pieces, and of your abilities, if you showcase your lover ten times in a row, it might be dull for some people, but if you thoroughly enjoy doing them, a hundred different art pieces would be fine, wouldn't it? I was never great at art, but your art pieces always seemed to be full of the passion you have for the craft, and I always admired that," Taeyeon explained, a smile on her face as she looked at Tiffany.

"Yes, I suppose you're right, doing a hundred pieces of my lover would be nice," Tiffany sighed, frustrated that her assistant believed the stupid rumour that she was dating her model.

Tiffany rarely painted people, the only people she ever painted was her family, which was just for memories, and Seohyun, whom she painted every single time she needed to paint a human. Seohyun was her childhood friend, and she found it easy to talk to her. Most of her childhood was filled with painting practices and colour theory lessons, almost every single second of her life was about her craft, she rarely spent time on other people or other things. She was so focused on art, so focused on her craft, that she ignored tons of other experiences people her age had. She never had a childhood crush, she never had friends to spend time with, she rarely experienced life outside 'art'. Sitting in the café with Taeyeon opposite her, having a casual conversation with someone she doesn't know felt weird, but not unwelcome.

"I guess you're right too, maybe too many paintings of the same thing would get dull after a while, maybe a hundred paintings is too much to look at, but you'd enjoy it, wouldn't you? Doing art of something you love?" Taeyeon snapped her out of her quiet daze, a gentle smile on her face.

"I would enjoy it, I suppose," Tiffany replied with a shrug.

I've never fallen in love though, but I love art, and I've done hundreds of pieces, so I guess it's the same feeling?

"Enough about the exhibition, I'm here to try and forge a relationship with you," Tiffany said, brushing off the burdensome topic as she sipped from her thermos.

"Well, we are technically strangers, so let's take it slow for now. We can try and find out more about each other and decide our compatibility from there?" Taeyeon suggested, raising an eyebrow.

"Ugh, that sounds so troublesome," Tiffany shuddered, placing d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter