A new pain

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany took a deep breath, adjusting her shirt as she arrived at L'angolo delle Delizie, or whatever the restaurant was called. She didn't care too much for it.

"Care to explain to me why you asked me out?" Seohyun sighed, keeping her phone in her purse.

The restaurant wasn't especially fancy, but it didn't hurt to look good. Seohyun was dressed in a pair of black dress pants and a white shirt, Tiffany opting for a pastel pink shirt and trousers, granting her legs more freedom.

"Taeyeon is meeting her ex here," Tiffany replied curtly, looking around anxiously, hoping Taeyeon wasn't already there to see her, holding on to Seohyun's wrist as she dragged her inside.

"Ok, but why do I have to be here?" Seohyun asked, exasperation apparent in her voice as she took a seat, Tiffany fidgeting in her seat opposite her.

"Meeting your ex is never a good thing, I would ask her to not come here in the first place," Tiffany said, looking down at the blank tablecloth, Seohyun noticing the tinge of sadness behind her eyes, "But she seems intent on talking with him, and I don't want to stop that, but I don't want to see her get hurt again."

Seohyun sighed, picking up the menu in front of her, "Fine, just don't do anything stupid, I'm leaving you alone if you embarrass yourself."

"I can't promise that, apparently I get worked up when Taeyeon mentions her ex," Tiffany laughed, a tiny corner of her mind wondering why.

 

A few minutes later, the familiar figure that Tiffany saw in her studio every day walked in, Tiffany holding her breath as she noticed her enter out of the corner of her eye, picking up the menu to cover her face.

Seohyun hummed to herself, using the menu in her hands to do the same, peeking out from the edge of the meaningless object in front of her.

Taeyeon took a seat a few tables away from them, Tiffany glad that she didn't notice her so far, glancing at the male opposite her.

He seemed taller than Taeyeon, his jet-black hair short and styled handsomely, his outfit consisting of a tightly-fitted shirt and pants, outlining his slightly muscular figure.

Tiffany gripped her menu tightly, controlling her anger towards him after what Taeyeon said to her, quietly watching as he handed Taeyeon a flower, his lips moving as he said something, but he was too far away to hear.

 

She glanced over at Taeyeon, her face lighting up as she talked with her ex-boyfriend, a cocktail of emotions in Tiffany's heart.

She felt anger, sheer rage at him for shattering her passion, for stopping her from making her art.

She felt happiness, sheer joy as she looked at Taeyeon's face, feeling warm to see her look so enthusiastic for someone else.

She felt sadness, a loneliness that cut deep as she looked at Taeyeon's face, how happy she was to see someone else.

"You alright?" Seohyun asked in a hushed tone, noticing Tiffany's trembling fingers on her menu, making sure Taeyeon couldn't see or hear them.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry for dragging you out tonight. She looks glad. That's good. Let's eat and just go home," The sadness cutting deeper and deeper with each word, Tiffany not trusting herself to speak long sentences, feeling her voice quiver ever so slightly, having to force out her short sentences.

"Don't cry, yeah?" Seohyun replied gently, tugging her menu to look her in the eyes, "I take back what I said, about you paying for 70 per cent of the bill. Just for tonight, it's my treat."

"Thanks," Tiffany replied, smiling ever so slightly as she glanced over at Taeyeon again, wishing her memory was terrible as she burned the sight of her into her mind, not entirely glad about sketching this specific scene.

 

 

 

Tiffany and Seohyun ate in silence, Taeyeon being too engrossed in her conversation with her ex to notice their presence, or at least Tiffany thinks he's still her ex.

"Are you going to eat?" Seohyun asked after swallowing her food, looking over at Tiffany, her meal still mostly intact as she fiddled with her food.

"I don't feel like it, I'm sorry," Tiffany mumbled in apology, quietly placing her utensils down.

"God, you're pathetic, just get it to go and eat it at home," Seohyun sighed, guilty and annoyed at seeing how down in the dumps Tiffany was.

"Yeah, I will," Tiffany replied, looking over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter