A new love

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you didn't tell her?" Seohyun walked alongside a seemingly distracted Tiffany, accompanying her to make sure she didn't walk into a ditch.

"No, I couldn't. I wanted to tell her, but I got so afraid about what comes after, I just," Tiffany sighed, clutching her briefcase tightly, the crisp, cool morning air causing her teary eyes to almost freeze, "I just couldn't."

Seohyun didn't know what to do or how to console her, Tiffany was always headstrong and stubborn in her life, her perfectionism forcing her to know exactly what to do at any point in time. It was endearing to see her think and consider every possible outcome, but it was also heartbreaking to see her at a loss, unwilling to follow her heart no matter how much it screamed at her.

"What if she liked you too?" Seohyun tried to cheer her up, "I mean, you never know, right?"

"What's there to like about me? Let's face it, I'm not the friendliest person, I didn't exactly make a good impression on Taeyeon when we first met, I didn't know her name, I drew these sketches without telling her, I gave her for messing my studio up even though now I just want to hear her turn my studio into a complete mess now."

"You want Taeyeon to mess your studio up?"

"I don't know, I realised that I've been so preoccupied thinking about her that I just briefly forgive her for making a mess, and I guess those brief moments slowly accumulated up. I just want to see her again," Her lamentation fell upon concerned ears as she sighed, clutching onto Seohyun's arm, pretending it was Taeyeon's, trying to fill that gnawing nervousness in her.

"Everything alright? You seem nervous."

"I am, she said she'd be here, but what if she isn't? How would I be able to tell her? But if she is, I wouldn't know what to say, what if I chicken out again?"

"I assumed you would be anxious about the exhibition, isn't that more important?"

"What? No, I couldn't care less about the exhibition at this point, it's prestigious, but what good is prestige if I feel dead inside?"

"You're lovesick, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know."

 

 

 

"Good morning, I'm the curator of Daebin museum. You must be Tiffany, and I recognise you as Seohyun, her famous model. It is a pleasure to meet you, and an honour to showcase your artwork in our museum," A well-dressed woman greeted them, a dainty pair of glasses on her wrinkled face, her curled grey hair done neatly, presenting her as a wise woman as she extended her hand.

"The pleasure is mine, it's an honour to be invited to showcase my artwork at such a prestigious museum," Tiffany seemingly forgot her qualms, professionally presenting herself as she shook her hand.

"Your exhibition area is in A-6," The curator replied, pointing onto a map of the exhibition area, "I shall leave you to sort out your showcase the way you feel it should be presented, if you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to approach my staff or myself."

"Thank you," Tiffany bowed ever so slightly as the curator moved on to greet the next artist, facilitating the event as Tiffany grabbed Seohyun's wrist, pulling her along towards their designated area, briefcase in tow.

"Do you need help setting up your exhibition?" Seohyun asked, already fully aware of her answer before completing her questions.

"No, my head may be in a mess, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it in that state. I still want this exhibition to look exactly as it does in my head, or at least try to make it as close as possible," Tiffany unlocked her briefcase, her sketches packed in along with the origami that Taeyeon made for her, her fingers delicately holding on to the paper rose, the last piece that she got from her, a wistful sigh leaving her as she prepared her sketches, framing them for display.

 

 

 

"You've worked hard," Seohyun said to Tiffany, the latter observing her artwork orientation, ensuring they were evenly spaced and level to each other, each sketch's respective origami piece attached to its frame, save for Sketch 10, which hung alone, separated from the first 9.

"Where did you disappear off to?" Tiffany asked, not even g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter