A new decision

The art of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks had passed since the incident at the restaurant, the deadline which was once 3 months way now just a week away, Tiffany spending her time in the studio trying to figure out what emotions she could evoke from Taeyeon.

She had completed the sketches of 'Rage' and 'Sadness', the pair being polar opposites yet also evoking the same emotion of pain, Tiffany very satisfied about her work, yet also ashamed to show Taeyeon. As far as Taeyeon was concerned, she thinks Tiffany only did three sketches, 'Anticipation', 'Joy' and 'Fear'. 'Loneliness', 'Rage' and 'Sadness' were kept a secret from her

Taeyeon kept asking Tiffany when she was going to work on her exhibition, concerned that she only had a week left to complete what she assumed to be 7 more pieces, Tiffany brushing it off by saying she'll submit pieces she's done before.

 

As they idled in Tiffany's studio, the rumbling of thunder in the distance caused vibrations in her furniture, Tiffany tutting at the realisation that it meant rain was coming.

She got up from her desk, cracking open the door as she sniffed, the scent of petrichor filling her nostrils, sighing as she glanced at Taeyeon.

"You can leave for today, I live too far away to reach home before the rain comes. I'll stay over in the studio for the night," Tiffany said, opening the door wider, the deep, calming scent of petrichor flowing in.

"Eh? You'll sleep in your studio? Won't it be cold?"

"I've slept in my studio before, my studio is pretty much my second house. Go home," Tiffany replied, waving her out.

"Why don't you come over to my place?" Taeyeon blurted out.

"What?" Tiffany replied, snapping her attention to Taeyeon almost instantly, her face and ears burning red after asking, her eyes dodging any contact with her.

"Stay over at my place," Taeyeon repeated, her attention fixated on the ground before her feet, wishing it would swallow her whole.

 

 

 

The two of them stood in Taeyeon's doorway, Taeyeon fumbling for the light switch, tossing her bag onto her couch, both of them drenched in rain.

 

"Sure, I'll stay over. Let's go, it's going to rain soon. If we don't hurry–"

Those were the last words Taeyeon heard Tiffany say, the rumbling of approaching thunder and the applause of rain hitting concrete interrupting the two of them, Tiffany grabbing her wrist, pulling her out of her studio, Taeyeon trying her best to guide her in the direction of her apartment.

 

"Here, dry yourself off," Taeyeon said, handing a fresh towel to Tiffany who sat on the couch, her other hand drying her own hair off.

"Thanks," Tiffany hummed in deep thought, absentmindedly drying her hair, her attention focused on recalling the embarrassment on Taeyeon's face as she invited her over.

The embarrassment Taeyeon had was seemingly non-existent now though, she completely reverted to normal the moment she stepped into familiar territory.

"You should go take a shower, it'll be bad if you got a cold. I prepared some clothes for you, although they might not suit your taste," Taeyeon hummed, squeezing her shoulder, beckoning Tiffany to get up.

"What do you mean by that?" Tiffany asked, squinting her eyes at her as Taeyeon pushed her towards the bathroom, "You're not going to make me wear some erted clothes, are you?"

"What are you talking about. Of course not, it's a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, The shirt might be too big for you, though," Taeyeon sighed in response.

"That sounds like the imagination of a ert," Tiffany retorted, her feet feeling the cool tiles of her bathroom, wet from the shower Taeyeon just had, the scent of peach still lingering in the air.

 

TIffany quietly took off her wet clothes, hanging them up as she stepped into the shower, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the warm water refreshing her from the cold rain t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter