After the Trip

You're My Sun

Monday finally come and school starts at 8 am as usual. Yongsun already arrive at 7.32 and enters the school building. She was going to switch into her indoor shoes when she sees Nayeon and Sunmi tampering with Byul locker.

"What are you doing?" Nayeon look at Yongsun and grin widely.

"We're just gonna hide her shoes." She said mischievously. Yongsun didn't like the idea, but she's afraid to stand up to them.

"Owh, okay."

"You want to do the honors?"

"Umm, no thanks. I have to go class." She immediately leave and rush to the classroom. Once she's there, she can't stop thinking about it. It kinda make her feel bad knowing Byul would be late, but she tried to shrug off the feeling. Yongsun stares at the door, waiting for Byul. She's a bit worried, should she check it out? She decided to head downstairs and help her search for her shoes. Yongsun got up from her seat and she was surprised to see Byul open the door. As Byul pass through, Yongsun called out to her, but she only reply with a glare and ignore her. Yongsun was surprised, what happened? Once Byul sit down, Yongsun decided to ask her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You're lying."

"Just leave me alone!" Byul raise her tone and glare at her. Yongsun eyes widened.

"Al-alright." Yongsun return to her seat, trying to hold back a tear. She sits and during the whole class, she didn't even try to look at Byul, she was trying to focus on the lecture but unable to. She wanted -needed- to know why Byul is angry with her.

Ring. Ring

"Alright, class is over. Don't forget the homework. We'll check it next week." The teacher left the room. Yongsun decided to leave and head to the rooftop and have lunch on her own. Upon entering, she look around to make sure there's no one. Once she check around, she sits and lean on her back. She wanted to apologize but she was really afraid of the though. She let tears escape her eyes and close her eyes slowly, feeling guilty and sad.

"I should've stop Nayeon and Sunmi huh? I'm such an idiot." She hug her knees and lowered her head. She heard the bell rang, signing the lunch period is over. She wipe her tears and head to the bathroom to check her face. Before she enters, she heard some ruckus. She was afraid but decided to enter anyway and see Byul on the ground. Her clothes wet and a few girls surrounding her. Yongsun froze at her place until Sunmi look at her.

"Hi Yongsun, we're just having a little fun. You wanna join?" Yongsun look at Byul and Byul look at her with 'I-don't need-your-help' stare. She wanted to drive her off, but why? Yongsun wonder for a sec and walks in. She took the bucket of water Sunmi gave her and she throw the water at the bullies direction. Byul eyes widened in shock and the others was shocked too. Their clothes now dripping with water.

"WHAT THE HELL! NOW I'M WET!" Yuju whines, feeling the cold water on her clothes and skin.

"What are you doing!" Eunha shout to Yongsun but she ignores it and approach Byul, offering a hand. Byul only look at her hands in disbelievement. Why did she do that? Byul was ignore and even shout at her, but she still helps her. Byul grab the hand and help herself up. The two now standing up and Yongsun glare at the girl.

"Stop this stupid act!" Yongsun yells at them. Sunmi expression turn dark and Yongsun got goosebumps when she sees her.

"You got quite the nerve, ." Sunmi approach Yongsun and slap her cheek. Her cheek turn red and she covers it with her hand to ease the pain. The two engage in a stare battle, both not wanting to back down.

"Why are you all wet!" They turn their head to the sound and see a Ms.Kang near the bathroom door. She immediately instructed them to go to the nurse office for some spare clothes. Before they left, Sunmi look at Yongsun and whisper "this isn't over yet" and left. Yongsun and Byul also head to the nurse office and the nurse, Tiffany, give Byul some spare clothes.

"So, why are you wet?"

"It's, some girls spray water on her."

"You should report it to the teacher you know." Yongsun realize Tiffany was concerned with them. She look at Byul, waiting for answer. Byul only nodded and thank Tiffany before heading back to the classroom. The walk was silent, neither wanted to talk until they arrive and enters the classroom, revealing Ms.Kang in the class giving lecture. They went to their respective seat and listened to the lecture. During the lecture, Yongsun can feel she's being watched, probably the bullies, and decided to ignore it anyway.

When the class finally ends, Ms.Kang gives them a homework and left the classroom. The other students also left and Yongsun started to pack her things. She jump a bit when she heard a loud sound coming from her table. She looks up and see Eunha.

"Look who we have here. You made a wrong choice by siding with Byul." Eunha glares at her. Yongsun ignores her and quickly pack her things. Right before she could zip her bag, Sunmi took it and Yuju block her so Yongsun couldn't take it back.

"Give it back!" Sunmi take out her things one by one and throw it on the floor.

"Stop that!" Byul run towards Sunmi and push her, making her drop Yongsun bag. She tried to gather Yongsun item but was stopped by Krystal.

"Learn your place!" Krystal push her and Nayeon use the chance to kick her right in the stomach. Byul fall down and hold her stomach in pain. Nayeon was a great fighter since she's in the taekwondo club. She beat her up and leave bruises on her body so the teacher wouldn't realize it. Nayeon finally stop and the girls left them while letting out evil laugh. Yongsun immediately rushed to Byul side and help her.

"Ouch! It still hurts a bit." Yongsun lean Byul on a wall and she take her items and pack them. Yongsun put her bag on her seat and help Byul up. She support Byul and the two headed to the infirmary, again, making Tiffany wonder what happened this time.

"Here, I got some ice pack." Tiffany take out three ice pack and press it on places Nayeon hit her. She wince a bit before relaxing to the coldness on her skin. Yongsun head back to the classroom and take their bags to the infirmary. She sits next to her bed.

"I'm sorry, it's because of me they hurt you. I'm sorry." Yongsun lowered her head, feeling the guilt overwhelming herself.

"No! It's not your fault, so please, don't apologize. It's my fault too. I, I'm sorry for yelling at you before, I, I didn't mean it." Byul gives her a warm smile, making Yongsun heart flutters. Yongsun look away, trying to hide her redden face, which makes Byul laugh but wince again when she felt the pain.

"Damn, I'm gonna make them pay for this." Byul said. Yongsun smile and held her hand.

"But Byul, why were you shouting at me? Did something bad happened? Is it about me saying Krystal is nice? I'm sorry, I guess I didn't know her bad side yet."

"Uh, no, I am a bit upset, but I'm fine after a little rest. It's, Sunmi suddenly called me after our trip to the theme park." Yongsun eyes widened in surprise and wonder what did the taller girl have to do with her.