Bad, Yet Good Memories

You're My Sun

"Maybe I should tell her. Hmm, but no, I'm not so sure about it. What the heck Byul, get yourself together! I can do this, I have to this." Byul speak to herself, not realising her surrounding. Don't worry, she's inside her room at the moment. Byul wasn't sure if Yongsun would still want to be her friend once she knew about it. She lack confidence, she's afraid of opening up, because she did, once. She trusted Krystal a lot, Krystal also said that she likes Byul a lot, and Byul misunderstand her. When Byul confess her feeling to Krystal, she changed. Since that day, Krystal never talks to her again. It was an unpleasant memory.

"Byul, if you don't want to, you don't have to, you know. I won't force you." Byul turn her head and see Tzuyu. She didn't want Byul to visit the doctor because she's forced. She wanted her to understand that she need to decide for herself.

"I...I'm just not sure, I mean, the memories won't haunt me if there's no trigger. Back then, it's because...I...I'm not sure mom. I'm just a bit anxious, that's all. I'll go, I, I want to overcome my fears." Byul said to her mom. Tzuyu only nodded and hug her.

[It's finally Saturday]

Badump. Badump.

Byul can feel her heart beat. She's really nervous meeting Doctor Heo It's been a while after all. She can't help but start to remember her past...

Flashback

It was raining hard that night. Byul was sleeping when she heard a loud noises from outside. She slowly open her eyes and look at her door, wondering what happened. She decided to got up and head towards the noise.

"What's that noise?" she said, bringing her wolf-shaped doll with her. She heard a very loud bang from the living room. "What was that..." she walks again, continuing her steps slowly. The sound of heavy rain and thunder making it harder to hear. She can barely hear any sound other than it.

"Mom, what happened?" She walk in into the living room and saw her father on the ground. Red color spread accross the floor. She froze, shock at the sight. She saw her father dead on the floor and her mother being ed by a guy. "Run Byul!"

bang

The sound of gunshot can be heard again. Byul run as fast as she could to her room. She run towards her room and hide inside her wardrobe She can barely think. Inside, she waited and waited. She wanted to look outside but scared. She decided to wait, heart thumping.

"Where are you little girl. Come here, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'll make it quick."

She didn't believe a single word, she's not dumb. She waited for the killer to leave her room and she plans to escape through her window. She waited and waited, until she didn't hear any sound. She just breathe in relief until the door suddenly opens and that man was smiling widely.

"Found you."

He grabs her hand and pull her out. She tries to fight back but he's way stronger. She scratches his arm, earning a whine from him.

"Ouch! You little er!" He punch her cheek, making her lose balance and fall down. She felt dizzy from the punch. Her vision was blurry and spining, she can barely process what happened. She heard a knife sound and felt a sharp pain on her hand.

"Aaahh!" Tears flow out of her eyes. The pain was too much for a little girl. She's scared.

"Sshhh. Don't worry little girl, I'll make sure you join your mommy and daddy soon. He reach for his pocket and take out a pincer. He take her left hand and start plucking her nail, one by one. Each one making the girl cry and let out a high-pitch scream.

"God, how could I ever get enough of this. It's a shame that your parents die peacefully. I was planning to drag their innards out. If only they didn't fight back." Byul can barely understand what he was saying. He went for the other hand. Byul just scream for help, hoping someone would hear her, but she knew it was impossible, no one would come to rescue her. He was toying around with her before killing her. Using the pincer, he started plucking her tooth one by one. Blood started to come out from . She felt weak, she felt her voice dissapear. Just when he was about to pull out another tooth, he realize she was dying. She can't scream anymore.

"You party pooper, things was just about to get fun. Well then, I guess it's time to finish you off. How should I kill you hmm...I know, dragging your innards out would be good, don't you think?" Byul vision was blurry. She was just about to close her eyes when she felt a sharp pain on her stomach.

"Aah!" He started dragging his knife accross her stomach. The wound was shallow. He did it on purpose.

"Oops, I don't think that's deep enough, let's try again, shall we?" He was about to drag his knife again when he heard a bang at the entrance door. He was startled and knew it was the cop.

"!" He immediately pull out his gun and aim it at the living room entrance. When a cop enters, he shoot. A cop was hit, but it wasn't severe. He only has three bullet left. Just when he was about to shoot, a bullet pierce his head. He fell to the ground and die. Byul saw lights and hear some voices, but she can barely understand what they're saying. Feeling tired, she close her eyes and fell asleep.

"stop...stop that..." Byul heard some voices and open her eyes slowly. She stare at the white ceiling and didn't know where she is.

"She woke up!" Byul turn her head to the right and saw two woman, both were staring at her.

"Hi." Byul tried to get up but she felt a sharp pain from her stomach, earning a whine frome the girl.

"Ouch! What...happened?" The woman smile at her.

"You were wounded badly, so we took you to the hospital." She said. "Oh, by the way, I'm Tzuyu. My team receive a call from your neighbor. She said she heard a gunshot from the Moon residence. It's a good thing she called, huh?" Byul stare at her, she didn't understand. It was real, it wasn't a dream. Then her mom and dad is...She bring her hand to her face and saw them wrapped in bandages. She remember what the man did to her and she couldn't believe that she's alive.

"um..my..mom and dad..are they okay?" The room was filled with silence. Tzuyu look at her and she look down again. She's afraid of hurting the girl, but it's better if she's being honest, right?

"I...I'm sorry..." It took a while for Byul to understand, but once she did, tears flow out of her eyes. She covers her eyes with her hands and started crying softly. She didn't understand, they never did anything to deserve it. Why did that man come and ruin her life?

"Junghwa, what should we do?" Tzuyu said, whispering to the other girl. Junghwa got up from her seat and approach her. She sits on her bed holds her hand and use the other hand to her hair, comforting the girl.

"I'm sorry little girl." That word was enough to make Byul cry even more. Junghwa stay with her all the time until Byul felt tired from all that crying and decided to sleep again. After she fell asleep, Tzuyu leave the room and meet her captain.

"Captain Kim, what will happen to her?"

"I don't know Tzu, the best option was to send her into an orphanage."

"What? Which orphanage? She's won't be welcomed in her current condition cap, we need another plan, don't you think?"

"What are you thinking Tzu? Any ideas?

"Yeah, maybe we could adopt her."

"We?"

"Junghwa and I. I mean, Junghwa's been here accompanying that child since she's out. I'm sure Junghwa grow fond of the kid and she'll agree with this plan! Only if you agree though." Hyun Joong stare at her and realize she's serious with her words.

"hmm...fine, but take good care of her, you hear me? If anything ever happens to her, I'll take her away from you."

"Sure thing cap! I'll go tell Junghwa!" Tzuyu immediately leave and head to Byul's room again. Tzuyu explain everything to Junghwa and the girl couldn't agree more. They've been planning to adopt a child after all. They need to talk with the little girl too in case she disagree or anything. When Byul woke up, Junghwa introduce herself and told her about their plan to adopt her. Byul didn't know if she should agree or refuse. She decided to think about it.

'It's better if I go with them right? Rather than some random orphanage. They're really nice too. I...what should I do...'

After giving some thoughts, Byul told them she wanted to go with them and after two months, she's discharged from the hospital but still need to rest (a lot) and prevent her from using her hands in a while until her nails completely healed. Another two months have passed and she's starting to heal and get used to her new life.

Flashback ends

"Byul! Let's go!" Tzuyu take her daughter to the clinic. On their way to the clinic, Byul remember she need to tell something to her mother.

"Mom"

"Yes dear?"

"Thank you." Tzuyu got confused at her daughter words. 'She not trying to take her own life, right?'

"Your welcome, but for what?"

Byul smile and say "for finding me back there and adopting me. Thank you. I just realize I never say thanks to you two. I just feel like saying it."

"Aww Byul. If I'm not driving, I would hug you. Your welcome. Thank you for opening up to us too. I'm really grateful to have a daughter like you."