Ch 7

You're My Sun

"Here we are Byul." Tzuyu parks her car.

"You're okay Byul? You look nervous."

"Yeah, I'm good. Let's go mom."

[Dr.Heo room]

"Hi Byul, it's been a while."

"Hi doctor." Byul sits and scan the room, trying to make herself comfortable. The two started talking while Tzuyu waits outside, letting the girl have her privacy. Byul started talking about how the dizziness always comes before she faints and her memory of the past starting to return.

"I see. I think it's because you're stressed. From what I understand, you were quite stressed because you weren't able to attend class on time and your physical condition is quite drained too, especially when you were locked up in the locker. The similar condition triggers it and making you even more stressed. First of all, you have to relax yourself when encountering similar condition. Take deep breath and maintain it, keep yourself calm. Avoid small and enclosed space, okay? You're condition improved a lot since the last time we talk and I'm happy for that. When you're stressed out, you have to talk it out. Keeping everything to yourself isn't good, be more honest you know." Doctor Heo smiles, making her feel less nervous.

"I see. I'll try."

"Since you can see the triggers, then you can learn to prevent the panic coming. I'll teach you one of the best method. First, look around you and tell me five things you see.

"I see a clock, a book-"

"Try to be more detail." Byul nodded and start again.

"A white clock, a blue hard-cover book, a black leather jacket, a brown table, and a black pen you're using at the moment."

"Okay, now tell me four things you can feel, for example, I feel happy because of something, like that."

"Umm, I can feel the cold air around me, I feel my feet on the floor, I feel the chair I'm sitting on, and I feel happy to see you again." Byul giving him a wide smile, making him laugh.

"Ahaha, I miss you too Byul. Though I prefer we met outside the clinic. Allright, now tell me 3 things you can hear."

"I can hear the sound of clock ticking, air conditioner sound, and people talking outside."

"Good, now two things you can smell, or maybe what smell you like?"

"I guess, peppermint? I like peppermint smell. Oh, and I like soup! Especially chicken soup my mom make for me!"

"Hehe, you're really cute when you're excited you know, like a 5-year-old kid." He let out a small laugh and continue. "Finally, name one good thing about you."

Byul fell silent, unsure what to say.

'What did Hyejin and Wheein use to tell me hmm...' she thinks a bit and unsure but answer anyway.

"People says I'm a kind person, but sometimes to kind. Is that okay?"

"Yes, it's okay. It's a good point after all, right? Being kind is a virtue after all, not all people agree and have it." Byul nodded, agree with his words.

"By the way, what you did just now is called grounding technique. It helps a lot of people deal with their anxiety and I hope it helps you too Byul. Do that when you're in a panic state and need to calm down, okay? If you ever forget, the internet provides information about it. You can search about it, okay? Oh, and since your condition is better, you don't need to take the prescription anymore. Just learn to control yourself. If you ever have any question, you should call me or talk to Tzuyu, I'll be glad to help, okay?"

"Thanks doctor!" Byul left the room and they headed home.

[At home]

"So, how did it go?" Junghwa ask her daughter while having meal, wonder what happened.

"He taught me grounding technique, like to get me back to reality or something. He also said my condition is getting better!" She stuffed again, chewing on her food.

"I'm glad. If you ever wanted to talk, we're here too."

"Sure thing mom! I'll be sure to tell you if anything happen!" They had a good talk while having dinner. Afterwards, Byul headed to her room and start studying and finish her homework. She decided to read a romance novel before sleeping.

"This kind of romance only happens in a story, there's no way Yongsun like me too, right?"

"Who's Yongsun?" Byul eyes widened and see Junghwa at the door. She's not sure about this, should she tells her about it?

"Umm, no one, just a friend actually." Byul said, rubbing the back of her neck. Junghwa smiles and enter the room, sitting on the bed edge.

"Alright. You should rest Byul, you'll need it." Junghwa close the door. Byul started to get comfortable under her sheets when her phone suddenly rings. She pick it up and see a text from Wheein.

W: are you feeling better?

B: yes I have, thanks for asking

W: No prob! By the way, We're going to Rainbow Bridge theme park tomorrow, you wanna come?

B: if I feel better and my mom allowed me, yes

W: Allright, meet you there. Text me tomorrow, okay?

B: Sure, thanks Wheein

After asking her parents, she finally left, bringing her backpack with snacks and water to fill them on the theme park. Upon arriving near the gate, she waited and decided to call Wheein.

B: hello wheein, where are you?

W: wait a minute, we almost arrive. You're at the gate?

B: yeah

W: alright, see you soon!

Wheein hangs up and Byul decided to sit on a nearby bench while waiting for her friends. She just wanted to have fun and play with them, hopefully they can enjoy the day to the fullest. Byul look around and see a lot of people around, parents with their children or just some school kids hanging out. She spotted her puppy from afar, seeing her with Hyejin and another person. She squint her eyes and try to get a better view of the mysterious person. Turns out it was Yongsun.

"Unnie! Hi!" Wheein throw her arms around the sitting girl who's still dumbfounded. She stares at Yongsun in confusion and Hyejin refuse to explain. Byul didn't mind the girl though, she's actually happy they invite Yongsun.

"Let's go inside!" Wheein exclaim as she let go of Byul and drag Hyejin hand, leaving two girls behind. Byul got up and walk side by side with Yongsun and they went inside the theme park.

"This place is huge! I'm not sure which one I wanna ride first!" Wheein is jumping around excitedly like a puppy while Hyejin look around, trying to pick the first ride.

"Whichever one you want, I'm in." When Yongsun said that, Hyejin smirk.

"Really? Anything?" Yongsun nodded, not knowing she'll regret her decision. The younger girl decided to pick the haunted house for their first ride. Yongsun gulped but follow her anyway.

"So it's a haunted roller coaster ride? Let's go!" Hyejin and Wheein immediately sit on the front while Byul and Yongsun sit on the back. The cart started moving and it goes quite slow but scary enough to make the girls shriek in horror. They started moving througha forest, where voices of chopping can be heard. They can see a tall muscular man chopping something that turns out to be human. When the cart pass by, the man turns his head and reveal a white mask. He pointed his axe towards the girl and said 'you're next', making them shiver in fear. They pass the forest and arrive at a cemetery, seeing ghost, vampires, and zombies trying to attack them. It felt so real and make the girls shout again and again. On the final part, they were riding through a haunted castle with lots of painting and room. The cart pass through each room, one contains a ghost playing piano, one has a guy hanging, one has lots of moving painting, and one room was filled with floating furniture. Lots and lost of other room were being explored and the cart suddenly stop, making the girl a bit dissapointed because their ride is over. The four get off the cart and left the haunted house.

"That felt so real! I felt chill went down my spine throughout the whole ride! I don't think I'll ever ride that thing again." Hyejjn exclaimed. It did felt so real. Throughout the whole ride, Yongsun just realized something. Her hand was held the whole time they're in there. Maybe Byul is just scared? She wanted to tease the girl but her face is still abit pale. She decided to hold it until she's better.

Afterwards, they ride ferris wheel, normal roller coaster, tea cup ride, bumper car, and all the games they could try. After playing, they decided to rest for a while on a picnic spot. Byul decided to open her snacks and share it with everyone, which everyone eagerly accept. Wheein and Hyejin decided to buy a drink, leaving Byul and Yongsun on their own. Yongsun think it's a good time to talk about the haunted house 'accident'.

"So, Byul."

"Hmm?"

"You're not a fan of haunted house?"

"Not really...I, I'm scared of it actually." Byul pause for a minute, wondering if it's a good idea to talk about her past to Yongsun or not. She stay still for a moment before snapping back to reality.

"Sorry." Yongsun nodded. "It because I hate dark places, it always remind me of my past." Byul started telling her a bit of her past, how that man attack her family and hurt her so much.

"I see. I'm sorry you have to go through such thing, but Byul, I'm here. If anything ever troubles you, please talk to me about it, okay?" Byul nodded and the two back to their usual self, talking about school until topic about Krystal appears.

"Oh yeah I've been wanting to ask you about it. So, you're friends with her and her gang now?"

"I guess? I'm not sure. She's the one who approach me in the first place and she seems nice. Why did she bully you?"

"Nice?! What the heck? She's far from that word! She's not nice at all!" Byul raise her tone, showing her anger when she heard those words. Yongsun shocked and stare at her, not sure what to say. Byul lowered her head, feeling guilty for shouting at her. The silence was awkward and suddenly Hyejin and Wheein returns with some drinks.

"I bought you two some drinks!" She hands the drink and sit, eating the hot dog she buy on her the way.

"Here." Hyejin put down a plastic bag containing snacks and food. They gladly eat and the silence was no more, but things become awkward between the two of them.

"Ah, it's getting dark, maybe we should go home?" Hyejin proposed. It's not good to wander around in the night after all. The others nodded in agreement and they went home respectively.

That night, even though the whole day was fun, Byul still feel a little upset. She didn't understand, what part of Krystal is nice? Well, she use to think like that, but once Krystal knows about her past, she suddenly distance herself from Byul. They barely talk again and Krystal started bullying her. She take a bath and thinking of apologizing to Yongsun for snapping at her. When she's done, she put on her pajamas and stare at the ceiling. She slowly close her eyes and fall asleep, dreaming of their visit to the theme park and smile unconsciously.