Misunderstanding (1)

You're My Sun

//Normal POV//

Byul woke up. She scanned her room and saw nothing. Looking at the clock, she realizes it’s still 3 AM. She tried to fall back to sleep, but couldn’t. She decided to go to the kitchen downstairs to get a drink. She slowly walks towards the kitchen, not wanting to wake her parents. She opens a cabinet and took a small plastic cup and fill it with tap water. After taking a sip, she heard a small noise from the living room. She slowly approaches the light switch. There’s nothing, everything is well lit, yet she found nothing.

“Okay, nothing. There’s nothing here, I’m just being paranoid. Everything’s going to be fine Byul. Nothing bad will happen.”

Suddenly, she felt a chill ran down her spine. She froze, her breathing got heavier. She couldn’t move a muscle, only staring at the blank floor. As she felt something approaching her, she let out a high-pitched scream and run into a corner, throwing everything she could grab. She stays in the corner, crying softly. Loud footsteps can be heard echoing across the house. It was Junghwa, she ran downstairs immediately when she heard her daughter scream.

“Gosh! Byul! What happened?” She immediately approaches her daughter and pull her close into a hug, comforting her. “Shh, shh, it’s alright. There’s no one here, okay? Calm yourself down. It’s okay.” She caresses her daughter's head slowly, ensuring her that everything’s fine.

“He…he was here! I swear! I…I…”

“Shh, it’s okay. Everything’s going to be alright. Why don’t we sleep together? Would that make you feel better?” Byul nodded lightly. They stay for a while there. After a minute, Junghwa realize Byul had fallen asleep in her arms. She smiles and kisses Byul's forehead, then proceeds to carry her to her bedroom and lay her down. She covers Byul with a blanket and she lay down beside her, hugging her daughter and fall asleep.

[Morning has come]

Tzuyu wake up and couldn’t find her wife, so she went to her daughter's bedroom and found them both sleeping peacefully. Tzuyu decided to capture the moment and started taking pictures of them. She’s very pleased with the picture she took. She wakes Junghwa slowly after that, waking her daughter in the process. She prepares a bath while Junghwa cooks for the three of them. Tzuyu helps her plating the food since Tzuyu isn’t a very good cook. Byul took a bath and readied herself up proceed to the dining room. They had a small talk while eating, Tzuyu did ask Junghwa about last night and she told her about it.

“It’s a good thing nothing broke, huh?” Tzuyu gave Byul a warm smile. Byul looks down, avoiding eye contact from embarrassment. The clock hit 7.30 and Junghwa started to clean up while Tzuyu readied her car. Byul helps out her mother cleaning up the table and headed to the car. Both enter the car and Tzuyu drive, dropping Byul at her school. After waving goodbye to her mothers, she entered the school building.

Of course, since Byul already understands the material, she didn’t pay much attention to class. She stares blankly at the whiteboard, thinking about the next book she’s going to read. She loves to read after all. She never cared about others' opinions on her though, especially Krystal and her friends. She always ignores their words and pretend she never hears them.

‘I wonder what Byul is thinking? She just disappears after lunch break yesterday, maybe I can ask her about it later.’

Yongsun was surprised with a sudden tap on her right shoulder. It was Krystal, she passes a note to her. She took the note and read it. ‘Lunch together?’ Yongsun look at Krystal and give her a warm smile, signaling her that she’ll join her for lunch. Krystal smiles and returns her focus to the whiteboard.

//Yongsun POV//

The bell finally rang. I hope I can have lunch together with Byul but, Krystal already ask me first. I guess I should just say hello to her. I get up from my desk and approach Byul desk, saying a little hello and have a small talk.

“Hi Byul”

“Hi Yong, what is it?”

“Um, nothing, just, want to have a little chat with you.”

“I see. What kind of chat, princess?” Byul grins a little.

“Ew, greasy” We laugh a bit.

“Anyway, Yong, do you want to have lunch together in the ca-”

“C’mon Yongsun, they’ll run out of their signature sandwich if we’re late!” Krystal takes my hand and I nodded.

“Sorry Byul, I’m going to have to pass on that. Maybe tomorrow?” Byul gives a disappointed nod, then leave the classroom. I didn’t mean to let her down, it’s just, I already accepted Krystal invitation first. I did feel bad about it, but I can’t help it. As we headed to the canteen, Eunha walk with me and started questioning me about Byul.

“I don’t get it, Yong, why are you hanging out with her?”

“Is there something wrong with Byul?”

“Well, you’re new here, so it can’t be helped. We’ll tell you later.” Sunmi added. I don’t understand. Is there something wrong about her? She looked perfectly fine and cute and all, I mean, I don’t see anything wrong.

//Normal POV//

Yongsun and her friends finally manage to get a seat. They started talking about other girls from other classes. Yongsun didn’t talk though, she quietly listening to their talk, wondering why they’re like this.

“Anyway Yong, you should stay away from Byul. She’s gay, and I think she’s hitting on you.” Sunmi started.

 “Yeah, I heard she had a girlfriend before, it didn’t go well though,” Yuju added.

“Yeah, I also heard that she’s adopted though, maybe her real parents disown her for being gay,” Nayeon added and laugh a bit.

“Worst part, she always shows off. She thinks she’s smart, always getting good grades in her test. She’s just showing off. Right, Krystal?” Krystal nodded and they continue talking.

These girls just bad talk about everyone they could. They knew almost all gossip in the school. Yongsun’s a bit amazed with the information they had. She didn’t smile or anything, she didn’t enjoy the talk at all, but she pretended to listen and give out a fake smile.

‘Byul is gay? She didn’t seem like one though. Maybe I should ask her about it? Asking her probably is a bad idea, but if she likes me, then she’ll talk about it.’ Yongsun makes up her mind and continues eating her food, not caring about the girls' talk. Yongsun then notice Byul sitting on the corner with Wheein and Hyejin. They were talking but Yongsun didn’t know what they’re talking about since she couldn’t hear them.

[Meanwhile on Byul side]

“So, you’re telling me that Yongsun is hanging out with Krystal since yesterday? I’m sure they’re talking about me at the moment.”

“Unnie, you’re not answering my question,” Hyejin said with a serious tone. Byul looks angry and frustrated, knowing Yongsun is hanging out with her enemy. Hyejin is also frustrated since Byul keeps avoiding her question.

“Unnie. Answer Hyejin’s question.” Wheein said with a serious tone, giving Byul chill down her spine. It’s rare seeing her serious. Byul gulped and look away, not wanting to answer her friends’ questions. They didn’t say a thing. Hyejin and Wheein waited for her answer, yet she stays quiet. Byul glance at them and look down again. She finally gives in though, explaining yesterdays’ event.

“It’s…it’s just a slight headache. There’s nothing to worry about.”

“Well, I’m sure there’s more to it, right?”

“Haha…I can’t hide anything from you two, huh? The point is, I fainted because of the headache. Also, my past…it still haunts me sometimes. But it’s just me being paranoid, it’s nothing serious, though my mom wants me to see my therapist again.”

“I see, when?” Wheein stretches her hand out and grabs Byul's hand, trying to comfort the older girl.

“Saturday.”

“Okay unnie. Don’t worry! I’m sure you’ll be fine! Wheein and I will support you through it!” Hyejin grab Byul's hand too, encouraging Byul.

“Ah! Lunch break will be over soon! Hurry up and eat!” They immediately gobble their lunch and finish eating. When they almost finish eating, a hand touch Byul's shoulder. She turns around to see the hand and see Yongsun. She sits beside her and smiles, waving hello to the younger girls too.

“Yong? Where are your friends?”

“They already left. I thought that we could have a little chat.”

“Okay, so? What do you want to talk about?”

“Where were you yesterday? I didn’t see you after lunch. Also, what happened?”

“Umm…What? Look at the time! Lunch is almost over! We have to hurry up! Bye Wheein! Bye Hyejin!” Byul immediately gets up and rushes to her class. Yongsun waves goodbye to the two and immediately chase after Byul.

“My, my, what a cute sigh. Come on Wheepup, we have class too.” The two left the canteen.

 

A/N: The school system is from 8 AM to 3 PM. I note this so the reader (and myself) wouldn’t be confused. Lunchtime is around 12.00-12.30, so they have quite plenty of time to talk. I’ve done some research about Korean school though, like how they have school from morning until 9 to 10 PM. Anyway, I’ll try to update the next chapter soon, it’ll probably take 2-4 days. Please comment on your thoughts about the story! Also, Exam is coming up, so I won't be updating for a week or so. Sorry about this. I'll be sure to write whenever I have time!