Matches and Moments

Break It With Your Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You shot up from bed, heart pumping for some reason as you tried to remember what you were dreaming of. Your phone started ringing making you flinch, picking up the call with a bored tone, already knowing who was on the other side, “I’m already up idiot.” You could hear her giggle, rolling your eyes, “See you in twenty.”

Hanging up the call, you got yourself out of bed, still trying to figure out why Jisoo got up so early in the morning, fatigue still obvious as you shuffled to your bathroom, eyes half closed before looking at yourself in the mirror, continuing to do your usual morning routine after giving yourself a look over, your bruises finally faded away while the cuts turned into thin scabs adorned on your face.

You swapped your short shorts for some sweats before putting on a hoodie, heading downstairs after wearing some sneakers as you carried your bag and duffel, meeting Jisoo and your mom sitting on the counter as she chomped on your cereal, snatching it away from her with a glare as you poured some in a bowl, “Morning to you too…” You rolled your eyes as you flopped onto one of the barstools across from your mom, greeting her as you secretly flipped Jisoo off, the girl with a smirk on her face.

“You have a match today right?” You nodded your head at Jisoo’s question, swallowing the food in your mouth, “Yeah, I forgot who we’re against but it’s home game…” “You excited?” She nudged you, a teasing smile on her face making you send her a look, your mom watching the two of you out of the corner of her eye as a side of her lip curled up.

“Yes, getting sweaty and running back and forth in a gym while trying not to get knocked out and having perfect aim, couldn’t think of anything better to do.” Jisoo smiled, about to say something before your mom interrupted, “Guys, finish up or else you’re going to be late.”

You both nodded, sharing a look before demolishing the cereal left, Jisoo shooting her arm up in victory a mere few seconds before you let out a whine, picking up the bowls, “You had a head-start.” “Don’t be a sore-loser.”

You put them in the dishwasher, picking up your bags before kissing your mom bye, Jisoo and you walking towards her house as you passed through it, “Why didn’t we just eat at your place?” “You have lucky charms and it’s empty since my mom left for work earlier.” “”Are you just using me for my lucky charms?”

She smirked at you while you tossed your bag in the back seat before getting in the car, gasping when you got no answer, “And I thought you were my best friend…” “I was your only friend you loner.”

You pouted, plugging in your phone to the AUX as the both of you set off towards school, deciding to take a small nap while your playlist played.

.

.

.

Jisoo poked you, making you stir awake, sending a glare her way as you cursed under your breath, unplugging your phone before connecting it to your earphones instead, getting out of her car as the both of you set off towards the school gates.

“No running away.” You sighed, feeling uncomfortable at the stares you and Jisoo were receiving as she clung to your arm, “Why can’t you just let me live?” “They already know who you are you weirdo.” A groan left your lips, knowing she wasn’t wrong. As soon as the basketball games started, word got around about the new star player, thanks to the cheerleaders and some of your team mates.

“People didn’t even know my name a month ago…” “Oh stop being so dramatic!” “I’m not joking! Literally a month ago, miss Jung was doing roll call and she said my name, and some dude asked if I was a new student.” Jisoo in her lip, trying not to laugh as she furrowed her brows at you, “That’s just sad Y/N.”

You nudged her, table coming into view as you dropped your bag down before hugging everyone, Chaeyoung leaning in to give you a kiss making you quickly turn your head, her lips landing on your cheek. She gave you a weird look making you swallow the lump in your throat before nodding the students walking around, she rolled her eyes obviously annoyed as she turned her attention to Jennie.

You sighed, leaning your head on Lisa’s shoulder, “Feeling tired?” You hummed, pout stuck on your lips, “And what else?” You used your eyes to point at Chaeyoung before turning back to Lisa, “What did you do now, idiot?” “I didn’t do anything!” Lisa punched you in your arm making your eyes widen, “What?!”

“You probably did something.” “I didn’t let her kiss me?” She punched you again making you groan, “What?!” “You idiot.” “I just don’t want people seeing…” “Why not?” “Cause it’s like… I don’t know I just don’t want to!” “She’s not gonna take that explanation you idiot…” “Is that all you’re gonna call me?” “Ok, .”

You glared at her, pushing her lightly making her smirk at you. You layed your head back on her shoulder, feeling her run her fingers through your head as the five of you waited for the bell to ring.

.

.

.

School passed by in a flash and Chaeyoung was completely ignoring you. You tried everything from food to kisses on her neck, you even pulled out the pouty lips and puppy eyes and that almost broke her but to no avail.

You entered the locker room, smiling at your team mates as they hugged you, Yuki jumping on you making you giggle, “How’s our star player?” You grimaced, rolling your eyes, “Come on, we’re all equally as good.” Gahyeon rolled her eyes, nudging you, “Don’t sell yourself short.” “I should be saying that to you.” Soyeon interrupted, knowing the conversation was going nowhere, “Whatever, let’s just get going, we need to start drills before the other team arrives.”

Everyone groaned while you just shut up, it was pretty obvious that she was cold to you for some reason but you just decided to push it aside, smiling as the girls moved out of the room before a sigh left your lips, running your hands over your face to wake yourself up a bit.

You took out your basketball kit, smiling at your name written in the back before you started stripping. You put on your shorts and shoes, turning your head to meet Chaeyoung as she popped her face in, clad in her own uniform as a small smile made its way onto your face, “Hey…”

She rolled her eyes, moving to the mirror in front of the showers making you sigh. You followed her with quick footsteps, grabbing her wrist to stop her, “Can you atleast reply when I greet you?” “You don’t want anyone to know we have a relationship right? So isn’t it easier to just act like we don’t know eachother?” “Chae…” “What? Isn’t that what you want?”

“I just don’t like people knowing things about me, I don’t know why you feel the need to flaunt our relationship?” “I’m not flaunting anything! I just wanna be able to kiss you in public without you pulling away and being weird about it!” You sighed, holding onto your temples, “Chae it’s just… think about it this way, you and Chanyeol broke up about two or three weeks ago? And suddenly you’re just making out with this new chick. It’s going to look weird.” “Why do you care so much about what other people think?!”

You were left speechless before you heard someone walk in, peeking your head out the door to meet Yuki’s questioning face, “Everything ok Y/N?” “Oh uh- yeah, just give me a second.” “Alright just hurry up.” “Yeah sorry.”

She left making you turn to Chaeyoung as you started tying up your hair in a high pony tail, “Can we please finish this conversation after the match?” “Whatever.” “Chae please?” She stared at your furrowed eyebrows, huffing when you pleaded, she nodded without a word making a small smile grow on your lips, “Ok thank you.” You grabbed your jersey, slipping it on before turning to her, “Can I have a good luck kiss?” She rolled her eyes again only to lean forward and give you a quick peck making a huge smile split across your face, “I’ll see you later.”

You ran outside into the gym, Chaeyoung shaking her head at your childish antics as she fixed her own lipgloss and hair before moving back to the gym to sit with the other cheer leaders.

She watched you and the other members play around, her eyes stuck on the smile on your face as you passed the ball around while joking with some of the girls.

“Chae!” She snapped out of her stupor, turning to Lisa and Minnie, “You good?” “Yeah just kinda tired…” “Well put a smile on that face cause the other team’s here.”

She rolled her eyes, all of them standing up to perform their usual routine. She also noticed how the crowd had gotten bigger than usual, from empty stands to a few people coming in as the season started to now almost completely filled and she knew they were all there to watch you.

She didn’t know whether to be proud or jealous but when she saw you smiling at her from the bench, her heart warmed slightly as the music filled the gym, going through the routine automatically after practicing it for so long.

You watched in awe, a big smile on your face throughout every second right down to when the music stopped as you watched Jennie get tossed in the air before landing perfectly, clapping with the audience before a buzzer was heard, getting up while shaking your wrists to try and get some of the nerves out.

You got into the center, getting ready to jump as you turned to face the opposition, your face falling as you met a familiar face, swallowing the lump in your throat, “Hey Y/N…” “Uh- hey Soojin…” She sent you a sweet smile as you both bent down a bit, waiting for the ball as time slowed.

Jumping up, you got the ball in your grasp, flicking it back into Sihyun’s hands before running forward, following the drill the team ran through as you got near the three pointer line. You watched Sihyun pass the ball to Seungyeon, yelling out her name to pass it as you received the ball and shot it in with ease, heart stopping for a second as you watched it swish in.

The buzzer ringing in as a three was added to the scoreboard, taking a deep breath while fighting the small smile crawling on your face as you moved to mark your player, Seungyeon high fiving you while you got into position as the game continued. Getting a quick look at the cheerleaders as you saw Chaeyoung smiling at you, your own growing until the whistle caught your attention, your head back in the game.

Everything was going fine until the third quarter rolled in, Chaeyoung getting concerned when she watched your face pale after halftime. You were less offensive this time, letting the ball pass you on easy steals as the girl you wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter