Selective Hearing and Sorry's

Break It With Your Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stopped rambling, staring at her while she had a huge smile on her face, “Do you have selective hearing?”

She pulled you quickly, smashing your lips together, eyes closing as you felt her hold your head in place before the two of you broke apart for air, your eyes in a daze as she stared at you with a smile that could crack her face in two.

You let out a breath, stuck speechless as you scanned her features, her chubby cheeks that you’d love to poke, the way her eyes moved to shape like crescent moons, the doe brown colour still peeking through her slits and her nose that was scrunched up in the cutest way.

“Is there something on my face?”

“You look like a squirrel.”

The smile fell from her lips, turning into shock as she rained down punches on you, “WHAT? SQUIRRELS ARE CUTE!”

“DON’T EVEN!”

At this point, you were cornered, Chaeyoung indirectly pushing you against the wall as she continued to punch you while you laughed.

Soon getting tired of it, you grabbed her hands and switched your positions, a gasp leaving her lips when she felt her hands being held up while her back hit the wall, your faces centimeters away while the both of you panted, “…You really do look like a chipmunk.” Rose glared at you, a smirk growing on your face before you moved away from her.

A breath leaving your lips as you stretched your back, a crack reaching Chaeyoung’s ears, “Jesus.” You smiled at her tiredly while rolling your shoulders, “Think I slept wrong or something.”

She walked to you with a pout on her face, her hands hanging on your shoulders, “Why don’t you sleepover and I can make sure you sleep in a good position…” Your brow quirked, a smile tugging at your lips, “And what position is that…”

She blushed, moving herself closer to you while whispering in your ear, “Well there’s more than one position…”

You smirked at her, letting out a chuckle, “We’ll see…” She started kissing down your neck, a sigh leaving your lips, “Wait Chae what’s time… we can’t risk it.” Chaeyoung moved away, a groan leaving her lips as she realized there was only 5 minutes left of break.

“I’ll see you in lunch, it’s ok.” She pouted whining, “I know but that’s too longggg!” You smiled kissing her on her lips, “You have biology right now don’t you?” She groaned, her head falling on your chest while you ran your fingers through her hair, “Come on, two periods until I see you, I think you can last that long.”

She pouted once again, your eyes rolling before you picked up your bags, “I’ll head out first and make sure it’s clear, make sure you’re not late.” Chaeyoung grabbed your hand, stopping you from leaving, “Or we could just leave together, it’s not like we did anything suspicious.”

You grew confused but stayed silent, following her lead as the both of you left the toilets, walking through the hallway with your head down as you gained stares from onlookers, “Chae… I’ll catch you later, don’t wanna be late.”

With that, you got your hand out of her grip and walked away, leaving her there to stand by herself, a frown on her face before she quickly covered it up with a smile, continuing her way to class, internally annoyed as she watched you walk away.

.

.

.

Soon enough the bell for lunch rang, a smile on your face as you stared at your conversation with Chaeyoung, the girl texting you non-stop through your fourth lesson.

You moved through the science block, quickly heading towards Chaeyoung’s class. You came to a halt near the lockers, students moving out of the hallways as you searched for her through the swarm of faces.

As it started to clear up, you realized she probably hadn’t even left the class, taking a peek through the small window in the door, you saw her and Chaneyeol talking, her remaining relaxed as she leaned against the teacher’s desk while he stood less than a meter away, both held up in conversation.

Staying idle, you watched the conversation continue, knowing it wasn’t your business to interrupt but as soon as you saw him grab her wrist and the pained look on her face as he spat at her, you swung the door open making sure both of them knew you were there.

Chanyeol glared at you now, a fire in his eyes you’d seen once before, “What do you want?” “I need to talk to Chaeyoung.” “It can wait.” “Can’t. Schoolwork. You know how it is.” Chaeyoung watched wordlessly, trying not to let out a squeak out at the tightening grip on her wrist, “Well me and her are in a conversation.” “Which I’m sure can wait and it’s her and I.” “What?” “You said me and her, it’s her and I, simple grammar.” He narrowed his eyes at you, jaw clenching while his brows furrowed.

You stepped closer to them, face staying emotionless and soon enough he mumbled a few curse words as he let out go, an obvious red mark painted on the spot, fist clenching unconsciously as the want to punch his face grew.

He shoved past you, waiting for the door to close before moving towards Chaeyoung quickly, eyes filled with worry, as you gently took her hand in yours, examining it before you caught a sniffle. Looking back at her face, you saw tears prick at her eyes as she bit her lip, thumbs immediately going to wipe tears that were already falling down her cheeks.

“Does it hurt a lot? I’m here, I’ll take care of it, don’t worry.” “I’m scared…” You let out a little sigh, trying to remain calm as you pulled her in to a tight hug slowly, your arm moving around her waist while your fingers patted her head lightly before running through her hair with your fingers, “Nothing’s going to hurt you when I’m here ok? I’ll take care of you…” You moved away from her, hands moving to her cheeks as you wiped the few tears left, “You wanna go to the nurse? I’ll take you.” She shook her head, making you sigh, “Ok but we need to get something cold on this. Follow me ok?” Nodding, she stayed silent while you took her non-injured hand in yours, guiding her outside of the class to stop at a water-bottle vending machine before entering one of the toilets.

You took off your bag and hers before entering a stall, pulling her into your lap carefully as you held the ice cold bottle onto her wrist, a hiss leaving her lips at the contact making you pull her closer, “Sorry I didn’t come in sooner…” “It’s ok…” Hearing her voice, albeit a little shaky, made you let out a sigh of relief, her head leaning on yours while you softly kissed her shoulder, “I’m still sorry…” She finally cracked a smile, nuzzling into your hair.

You stayed silent for a few seconds before finally building enough courage to ask the question on your mind, “Has he… you know… done this before?” She let out a huff, making your baby hairs slightly shake, “Never this much, he pushed me once or twice but that’s it, maybe screamed a few times…” “And all this happened during the course of some months?” “Well it wasn’t in the beginning, he first asked me out and was super sweet until we kinda made it official and everything, after that I guess he got more comfortable and became more temperamental?” “Temperamental isn’t the word I would use to describe him…” Chaeyoung smiled at your little mumble, her heart skipping a beat as she watched you focus on her wrist, “Thank you for this…” You looked up at her, meeting her eyes then turned into moon crescents just like the ones you fell in love with, “You don’t ever have to say thank you.”

She smiled right back at you, leaning in closer to meet your lips with a soft kiss. You let out a breath through your nose, lifting up the water bottle to see the redness slightly go down, “You must be hungry, let’s go.” “How did you know I was hungry?” You opened the door with a smile on your face leaning back on the sinks as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter