The Start

Pretty Little Eyes (that I hate)

Part Six


The rest of the night was pretty uneventful, Taemin came back, he showed me the work he had done as I nodded along like I understood. It was at that moment that I wondered why I even felt bad that Taemin had done the first part by himself, he was practically doing the same thing again, except this time I was just there with him as he did so. 

It wasn’t that I wasn’t trying to help, it’s just that I naturally can't focus on school work, and after that I could not focus on anything, period.

Still, I made sure to leave by 7 so that he had time to get ready. I would have stayed to see, but I didn’t want to see him come out looking so beautiful, the thought makes me angry and I don’t know why.

“Hey, can I take a look at your project? I have no idea what I’m doing!” Jjong had come up to me to ask, but he was out of his mind if he thought I knew.

“You really think I’d have the project done?” 

“Well, Taemin’s your partner, I thought it’d be done by him at least…” he trails off looking disappointed I don’t have what he wants.

“What about you? Who's your partner?” 

“Yesung, and that guy is rude! He has his part all done, but doesn’t want to meet to work on mine, not fair at all!”

Ah, so basically if it weren’t for my meddling Jonghyun would be my partner. Thank goodness for Kwon seonsaengnim. 

“Well, to ,” I shrug my shoulders, he continues talking to me, but I’m not listening, my focus has been pulled to the other side of the courtyard, where I see Taemin sitting down on the grass, arms behind him, supporting his weight as his full glory is taking in the sun. 

It practically feels like his skin is shining, he looks like a motherfreaking goddess. He’s just sitting down. How is someone so beautiful through such a simple act? He is startled by something and I see him take out his phone from his back pocket, answering a call. 

I’m not staring at him, no, that would mean I care and I don’t. I don’t care what he does or how he looks, I’m just observing the courtyard and he happens to be in my line of view. Plus it can’t be helped that whatever’s coming out of Jonghyun’s mouth is completely uninteresting to me.

He suddenly jumps up off  the ground, his eyes seem to sparkle and I can tell even from all the way over here, his face lights up completely, with the biggest smile and I am incredibly curious as to what causes him such happiness. He hangs up, looking around frantically, and in his haste his eyes meet mine. He’s smiling the biggest I’ve seen in years, but suddenly, as he continues staring at me, his smile falters, completely. How did his face do a complete 360 in just a matter of seconds? He looks absolutely grief-stricken. His face was just too sad, that I felt compelled to walk over and ask what was so horribly wrong, because even if we’re not the closest of friends, this seems like too much.

I had nothing to do with that though, right?

I didn’t have time to, I was pushed off my seat -literally- as Jongin came cruising into me with a hug, completely taking my attention away.

“Hyung!” 

“Yes?” I question trying to regain my breath, still holding him in my arms.

“I made it!”

“Made what?”

“I applied to a dance academy a couple weeks ago and I made it! I just got the call back! This is beyond mind-blowing! Tell me you’ll congratulate me?” He looks into my eyes hopefully and how can I decline? It seemed like a pretty big deal to him. 

I didn’t know he danced. If the word ‘dance’ comes up, I can only think of Taemin, it was his passion. 

Do all Taemin look alikes have the same hobby?

“Only if you show me your dancing, I can’t believe I haven’t seen it,” he nodded in agreeance, making plans with me.

Today they have their welcoming night and he suspects brief on-the-spot dancing will take place for newbies, so I’m invited to the party and afterwards we’ll celebrate together. 

After he leaves my side to go to class, I stare back to the courtyard and don’t see Taemin anymore. 

Whatever it was, he’ll figure it out, I’m sure.


I arrived at the party a tad bit earlier than expected, Jongin needed to go home and change so he said he’d get there himself. The atmosphere was cheerful, yet I sensed competitiveness. If I sensed it and I wasn’t even a part of this, I could only imagine what Jongin would feel coming in, I hope he came ready with a strong face. For these things you need a strong attitude, even if fake, to not get pushed around from the start.

“What’s your name? How old are you? Do you free-style, pop, or choreograph?” A really pretty guy came up to me and asked, not even leaving space in between the questions. He must think I’m a new member.

I only smile politely, “I’m not a dancer, I’m just accompanying someone,” I inform and immediately his demeanor changed to a much sweeter version. 

“Oh, hi! You’re very handsome by the way, maybe we’ll see each other more if you continue ‘accompanying’ your friend,” I assume he wanted to continue scoping out the competition (why is it competion anyway, didn’t they all get in already?) because he left as soon as he said this, probably with a new target in mind. 

I look around, only thinking about when Kai would possibly get here, but as I stare at the corner I see a group of guys surrounding someone else, I could only assume already ganging up on a poor victim. But, there’s nothing I can do, this isn’t my turf.

As one of the guys moves slightly from the pile I catch a glimpse of the person and there’s no mistaking- that’s Taemin.

I don’t even think- my body moving on it’s own as I stride over to the group.

“What’s going on?” My voice comes out deeper than usual and I’m not even trying to.

“Oh, nothing, just asking this little boy to show us some moves, I mean the least he could do is entertain us,” 

“He’s not your ing toy so  he has no reason to entertain you,” They all look at me surprised, including Taemin, but seeing him hunched over like that, head bowed down- I needed to step up.

Before they could reply Taemin was shaking his head and hands frantically, “No, no, he doesn’t know what he’s saying, I- I can entertain you! What would you guys like to see?” His voice was so soft and respectful. Where was the bratty Lee Taemin at? That attitude, though I hate, is what he needs here, no one could mess with him like that. So why is he being so weak? Making me want to step in to protect him.

“I suppose anything, what’s your specialty?” They ask, but instead I only drag Taemin out of the circle forcefully.

“He’s not your toy!” Why is he letting himself be treated this way?

“Seriously what the is wrong with you!” He yells at me once we’re outside the room. What? Now the ferocious Taemin comes out?

“Yes!” I yell in approval as he stares at me confused, “That’s the attitude you need, now come on let’s go back in with that same fury,” I encourage pushing him back in, but he only turns back around.

“No! I’m not going to disrespect them, do you know how hard I tried to get in here? I won’t ruin it by acting like a brat!”

“You don’t have to act, just be yourself,” he rolls his eyes at me angrily.

“They are my seniors, they have every right to talk to me like that! They’ve been dancing longer than I have and they’re way better than me so guess what? If they want to treat me like a dirty mop they can!”

“But they’re not! I haven’t seen any of them dance, but there’s absolutely no question in my mind that you’re better than them. And even if you’re not, you’re Lee Taemin, and no one can treat you like anything less than a prince, because that’s what you are, okay? You’re a mother ing prince and out of all the times, this is when you need to act like you know it!”

Taemin’s face didn’t seem so angry, instead he just stared at me, a bit shocked. I was shocked too, why the did i say all that. I don’t even really mean it, he’s not that great of a person… sometimes… okay maybe he is, but he didn’t have to know that, I know this will only fuel his ego even further.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” 

I don’t know the answer to that question either. Because even if he’s a brat, I know he’s not a bad person? Even if he acts like a brat, I know that’s not really him? 

“I’ll answer you if you answer my question,”

“What?”

“How the do you go from short to long hair within a day?”

“They’re extensions, your turn,” he answers easilly.

“You said we weren’t friends a while ago. I thought, why not start?”


A/N:

awweee we're getting somewhere

my homework, however, is not