Back Together?

Pretty Little Eyes (that I hate)

Part Ten


“Oh, daddy, you’re home today?” I drove Taemin back home so that I could leave him to get ready, but he insisted I go up and help him do so. 

And I know we’re not dating anymore, but we’re friends now, right? Friends help each other with things. So I decided to follow him in and help.

Except we were not expecting for his dad to be sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee at hand, scrolling through his phone. Me and him... we haven't had the best encounters. In one way or another he always seems to meet me when it's been so obvious that I've deflowered his son. There's a first for everything right? At least there's no way for that to happen this time.

“Yeah, decided to come home for the weekend, what are-” he hadn’t looked up form his phone until now, but when he did his eyes landed straight on me, going from bored to surprised, “Oh, is Minho back?”

Back?

Uh- what do you mean?” Came Taemin’s nervous answer.

I think we all knew. And it was an awkward question to answer. Was I back as his boyfriend? 

Was I? I mean he did just blow me in the car and now I’m here trying to help him get ready. If that’s not dating, what is? 

But then again, the question was directed at Taemin, not me, so the answer was on him. And I won’t lie, I was nervous, my heart started pounding harder. What would he say? Because if he said yes, there's no doubt in my body that I’d take that role again, no questions asked, and work my hardest to keep it.

But if he said no, I- well, what could I do but accept that? We’re just friends, after all.

“Like did the ban I placed on him expire already? Isn’t that why you haven’t been hanging out around here anymore?” Now the question was for me and I wasn't sure how to answer that.

Did he- did he not know we broke up, two years ago?

“Uh- well, daddy that’s-” 

“It’s okay, Tae, don’t be too nervous. He can come here again, you guys obeyed me for a long time, I respect that,” 

Wow, his dad really must not know what goes on around him because I’m pretty sure that he already had given me the okay to come back way back when this happened originally. And gosh, I did not want to remember. Definitly one of the most emberassing moments in my life. 

“Thanks, daddy!” Taemin replied happily, grabbing my arm to pull me up the stairs, but that didn’t answer the question. What were we? What were we in his head? 

“But, gosh, at least zip up your pants after you’re done!” His dad called out, disappointment laced in his voice, and sure enough, looking down, I see that Taemin had only tucked me back into my boxers and decided that buttoning my jeans back up was unnecessary. 

How ing emberrasing.

Thankfully, we didn’t stay to answer, and instead ran up the stairs, Taemin shutting the door behind me, something he never does, but I’m assuming because his dad is here and all.

“Sorry, didn’t know he’d be here, but it’s okay,” he wasn’t asking me, just looking through the shopping bags to find what he wanted, taking out the suit he had bought, I just sat at the edge of his bed as I watched him.

“He still thinks we’re dating,” I state the obvious, that I’m pretty sure he was trying to ignore by making himself look busy, but as I asked this, I could notice the slight dip in his smile and halt in his moves, before he continued rumbling around his room, gathering objects.

Y-yeah, but I figure why explain anything to him? He’ll just forget later,” he mumbles out, still not paying attention to me. Why was he trying so hard to ignore the subject? Was he that afraid of answering the question?

“Yeah, but man, your dad is really forgetful and bad at noticing things. I mean, he banned me two years ago and I'm pretty sure back then he had already told me I could come back, how could he have missed that?”

I could tell the more I pushed on about it, the more Taemin was getting uncomfortable. I know, but that just kept making me think there was something more to it. Otherwise why would he be acting so weird about it?

“Your zipper’s still down,” Taemin points out now looking at me, but I was not going to let him get away with it that easily,

“Then zip them up,” I order leaning back onto my hands on his bed.

What?

“You ed my jeans so you button them back up,” I say as if it was obvious and he just stares at me shocked, before shrugging and coming over, kneeling in front of me, as his hands reach over to do just what I had asked, but instead I grab his hands and pull him up, so that he was facing me. I held onto his hands, only somewhat roughly, so that he couldn’t get away, “Why does your dad think we’re still dating?” 

He must have known I wasn’t going to give it up and that I wasn’t going to let go of his arms, until he answered because I saw the resignation in his pretty little eyes (that I hate), “I- I never told him we broke up and when he asked why you didn’t come over I told him he had ordered that and that you really wanted to respect his decision,” his eyes were looking down, in shame? 

That’s not the answer I was expecting, to be fair, I don’t know what I was expecting, but not that.

I let go of his arms and he pulls away to go back to his desk, looking at it as if it had something important.

“Why would you do that?”

“I- I don’t know, it was the easiest thing to do,” he mumbled and I found it incredibly cute how his body swung from side to side slightly as he answered, head still down.

We’re still dating.

We are still dating.

Why was I smiling? Why was my heart warm? It shouldn’t be like this, right? Taemin is a brat that I hate. I’m happy to not be dating him.

Except, I still am dating him. Taemin. My baby

Gosh, I just want to- I don't know, scream it to the world? 

I couldn’t register what I was doing, as my body got off his bed and walked over, wrapping my arms around his frail body from behind as I leaned my chin on his shoulder, “We’re still dating?” My voice naturally came out soft, and I’m sure even he could hear the happiness in it. 

“Uh- yeah, I guess, to my dad, anyways” he mumbled so softly, turning around in my arms to look up at me slightly startled, “I’m sor-” 

I didn’t let him continue, because my face had leaned down to kiss him and he didn’t fight it. 

I pulled back only because I did not need to get in any problems on my first day back to his house with his dad home (and let’s be honest if I kiss Taemin any longer, there would be a problem to take care off), so I just resume my spot on his bed, “So, what do you need to do to get ready?” I ask and it takes him a moment to stop looking so shocked.

“I-I just need to get my outfit ready.”

“Well, we already bought it I thought,”

“Hmm… this is too simple, I need to make it better, like an actual outfit for performing, you know? I knew I wouldn’t find one in stores so I need to fix it up, but I have all the things here,” he explains, pointing out the materials. I see a couple silver ribbons and jewels and I wonder what he’ll do, but whatever it is, I’m sure it’ll look perfect on him.

“Well, how can I help?”

With the biggest smile I had seen on him, he replies, “Just keep me company while I take care of it,” 

I could take that as an insult but instead I smile back, agreeing.

Two hours, several slaps to my hands because I kept poking at his body, and a very determined Taemin working on his outfit later he had a finished result.

He hadn’t changed anything on the pants, nor the shirt, his main focus was the blazer which was now fully covered in different beads and jewels, it looked quite dazzling. He had also made a sort of be-dazzled belt that I’m not sure how he’d wear because the blazer would cover it, no? Along with that he made a cute jeweled bow tie. 

I approve. 

It looks like a great outfit, he’d look beautiful in and at the same time, completely covered. 

“Done?” I ask knowing the answer and he looks back at me with a small smile, nodding.

“Yes,”

“Hey, baby, I still don’t know what any of this is for, you know?” I question because I really am curious now. 

“You know, that welcoming party? I’m new there, it’s a dance company and we’ve been practicing for the new concert they’re having. I have a duo and now that the dates are so close we need our outfits done. Today I practiced with it on,” he explains and I can hardly pay attention to the words because his beautiful face distracts me too much.

“Ah, that one that Jongin is part of?” I question and I see his eyebrow slightly twitch in annoyance.

“Yeah,” he trails off, looking busy with his outfit.

“You don’t like him either?” I guess it was a mutual thing.

Either?” he questions back comically insulted, “What do you mean 'either', he’s the one that’s obsessed with me! I’m the one that doesn’t like him!”

“Oh, no, I don’t think so. He strongly dislikes you, I’m 100% sure, by the reaction he had when I said we were friends,” I reply with humour in my voice, but Taemin’s face shows there's anything but humour to the situation.

“I don’t wanna talk about him,” he mumbles and for the first time in awhile I can actually lean close and pull on his chubby cheeks to play with them, just because I want to.

Aww, don’t pout baby, even if you look adorable,”

“Whatever, just drive me to practice?” 

With a quick peck to his lips, I agree.


A/N: 

So cute, huh? I think it's cute. 

Too bad it won't last.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

anyways I love writing for you guys and thanks @2min1212 for reminding me that I come first hehe

Like I've been so busy and I have just too much stuff to do, school, work, and all, you know? So I've neglected writing. And I know you guys always say "take care of that first we can wait" but the reality is I write for you guys, yes, ofcourse, but also myself. Writing makes me feel so happy. And when you guys comment saying you like it that happiness intensifies too. So I don't think i should neglect writing for too long, I think it's more important than school...