CHAPTER 8

MADE IN HEAVEN [2YEON]

AUTHOR'S POV

Jeongyeon took her time driving across to the other side of Seoul, she was sure that Nayeon wouldn't be there on times like this but to her surprise, she saw the older girl in her hoodie sitting under the tree looking up to its branches.

JY : "Nabong?!"

NY : "Oh Sunbae :) Annyeong!"

Jeongyeon rushed to Nayeon, who was sitting on a piece of paper.

JY : "Yah! What are you doing here on a day like this? What if you catch a cold????"

NY : "I should ask you the same thing."

JY : "Don't throw the question back at me. They canceled school already you should be somewhere warm."

NY : "I don't know I just came here without thinking."

JY : "Aish, stand up." She laid her jacket flat on the snow.

JY : "At least make sure you don't get wet."

NY : "Sunbae you don't have to I'm about to go anyway."

JY : "But please Nayeon-ssi you have to take care of yourself more."

NY : "Arraso Sunbae...."

JY :

JY : "What's up?"

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "You just sighed, what's going on in your head?"

NY : "Hahaha sorry, it's nothing important. I've just thought of something."

JY : "What? You can ask me anything."

NY : "Hmmm does this tree look weird to you? I mean I just realized but the leaves on it are still there even if it's already winter. How come it never wither?"

JY : "Hahaha you must be sleeping on your class again."

NY : "Ehhhhh why are you teasing me? I thought I can ask you anything hmp!"

JY : "Hahaha mianhe, I couldn't resist it."

NY : "Whatever, I'm going!"

JY : "I'm sorry okay? I promise not to laugh anymore."

NY : "Arraso...."

JY : "You see, this is a cypress tree. It's part of the so-called Evergreen trees, in which the trees from the said group have leaves throughout the year that is always green just like a pine tree."

NY :

NY : "Wow! You know a lot of things Sunbae."

JY : "Hahaha ani, I just happened to do a research on it. I was just like you when I was younger, I was really curious too."

NY : "Then how come you laughed at me?"

JY : "Cause you were cute."

NY : "Ehhh??"

JY : "What?"

NY : "Nothing... Sunbae I want to be like this tree."

JY : "Huh?"

NY : "I want to be able to withstand the changing season."

JY : "Arraso, you should go. Be very careful walking on the snow."

NY : "I will Sunbae, you should go to, the clouds are blocking the sun I don't think you'll see the sunset."

JY : "I'll go after, maybe 10 minutes more."

NY : "Okay, then see you again tomorrow Sunbae!"

How more of this pain can Jeongyeon could take? Knowing that Nayeon is out there with no clue of the difference in her reality and dream. She couldn't be more happy to see the older girl every day but she would trade anything to see Nayeon awake, she was ready to risk everything for her.

JY : "When the time comes, you'll be able to say that you withstand everything Nabong and I'll be like this tree too, for my love for you will never wither. Not in any season and not in any year." She said as she flattened her palm against the cypress tree.

--

What happened today had made her realize something..... She can't let Nayeon sit on the ground on extreme weather like that. 

JY : "Omma can you lend me some money?"

OM : "What for?"

JY : "I want to buy something but I don't have enough."

SY : "And what is that?"

JY : "Ehhh Noona it's a secret. I'll make sure to pay Omma."

SY : "When?"

JY : "When I get a job."

SY : "That's not until 2 more years."

JY : "But..."

OM : "Arraso how much do you need?"

JY : "About 230k won...."

SY : "Omma that's too much."

OM : "Seungyeon-ah just leave her alone."

SY : "Aish arraso, I'll give you half the money you need but you need to pay us back okay?"

JY : "Really?"

OM : "Hahaha see? You can't resist your baby sister."

JY : "Thank you Noona, Omma :)"

After that, she called the local furniture shop and asked if she can purchase a wooden bench, that will not get easily broken on the changing weather. The shop said they have one on their other branch but it's not arriving until 2 weeks. Jeongyeon didn't mind, she could wait for another week for the bench.

*Outgoing Call : Kim Dahyun*

JY : "Dahyun-ah!"

DH : "Hyung what's up?"

JY : "Can I ask you a favor?"

DH : "What favor?"

JY : "Uncle has a mini pick up truck right?"

DH : "Yeah?"

JY : "Can I borrow it for a short time?"

DH : "I'll ask my dad but what do you need it for?"

JY : "I have to pick up something."

DH : "Arraso then I'll ask him once he gets home."

JY : "It's not until two weeks from now."

DH : "I'll tell dad. Do you need help with anything?"

JY : "Ani, I can manage."

DH : "Arraso, but if you need help don't hesitate to ask any of us okay?"

JY : "Yep! Thanks, dub!"

DH : "You're welcome hyung. Good night."

JY : "Good night!"

It was a little too much but if it would make Nayeon comfortable, she'll do everything she can.

---