CHAPTER 1

MADE IN HEAVEN [2YEON]

AUTHOR'S POV

Fall of 1996; Mrs. Yoo gave birth to her 3rd daughter. They gave her the name Yoo Jeongyeon. She was the 3rd and last of the siblings, her parents wanted to have a boy but they were blessed with another princess but that aside they still treated her as a boy. She would call her older sisters noona. Her younger cousin Dahyun would call her hyung and soon after her younger friends too.

She grew up as a sweet kid, who never hesitated to stand up for anyone. Making all of the boys and even the girls fall in love with her.

Summer of 2006; while she was out playing with her friends and Dahyun. They spotted a car smudge with bird poop. Dahyun insisted that they should help their neighbor in cleaning it but it was all dried up, eager to help Jeongyeon picked up a piece of rock and started to rub it against the car. Not knowing it would scratch it instead.

She got a lot of scolding from her mom. Young and naive she grabs her bike and started to pedal away thinking that what she did was right, she was trying to help out. She pedaled until she got tired, she reaches a secluded area by the cliff, where she sat under an old crooked cypress tree facing the pacific ocean. Then suddenly.......

"Yah! What are you doing here?" The girl with buck teeth said.

JY :        

JY : "Wae? Do you have any problem????" Jeongyeon said and stood up.

The other girl realized that Jeongyeon was way bigger than her.

"Aniyo... I'm just asking." Answered her back, squishing her bunny plushie in fear of the taller girl.

JY : "And what are you doing here?" She said as she sat down again.

"I'm here to say goodbye."

JY : "Huh?"

"My family are moving to the next town. This place has been my hideout but I can't longer visit after we move." She said and checked her phone.

"I'm going my parents are looking for me. Since you're here, you should wait for the sunset. It'll be really beautiful! I'm trusting you this place from now on. You should never tell anyone about this place okay?"

JY : "Ehhhhhhh? You don't even own this place."

"Buuuuuut it's just you and I that know this place. I'm leaving, you'll understand soon why I don't want other people here. Annyeong!!!!"

JY : "What a crazy girl."

It was about time for her to head back after cooling her head down and was ready to apologize for what she had done. She was walking towards her bike when all of a sudden the ground and surrounding turned orange, she turned around and was amazed by how the sun was kissing the ocean. It was the day when she fell in love with the place, realizing why the buck teeth girl wanted the place for herself.

She found her safe place, a place where she can be alone. A place where there is only the sea, the sun and her. She continued going to the same place as she grows older, she would often leave after the sun has set.

Fall of 2016; Jeongyeon was already in her 2nd year in college majoring in creative writing. Nothing has changed she was the same cool girl next door that everyone wants to have.

The tall, short-haired, beautifully handsome face with a good heart and brain. That's how everyone saw her but no one knew that Jeongyeon has always seen the world as a place full of hate. Crowded outside but empty inside, and there's only one place that has no such thing.

DH : "Hyung wants to go with us?"

TY : "Let's have a good time!"

JY : "Pass!"

DH : "Ehhhhh you never go with us."

JY : "You can ask me in the middle of the day but you know I never go in the afternoon."

TY : "But nightlife is more fun...."

JY : "Maybe for the two of you but not for me. I'm going."

"Oh make sure you tell your girlfriends where you guys are going, last time you didn't Sana and Momo called me nonstop until I told them where you at."

DH : "Momoring and Sana unnie is coming with us."

JY : "Then that's great, I can have a quiet afternoon. See you tomorrow!"

Jeongyeon put her helmet on and started her motorcycle.

It was a warm afternoon when she reached the cliff. She immediately took her helmet off and sat under the tree with her back resting on it. It's the first time she got there a little too early, she decides to take a short nap when...

"Yah! What are you doing here?" 

She was sure she heard the same thing before, she stood up and saw a girl in her school uniform.

She was sure she heard the same thing before, she stood up and saw a girl in her school uniform

JY : "Ehhhhhh???? I've been going here since I was 10. I should ask you that."

"I've never seen you here before, I've been coming here for almost a year now."

JY : "It's probably because I get here later than you do."

"Hmmm that can be true... Are you perhaps a college student?"

JY : "Yeah?"

"Where do you go?" The girl sat next to her.

JY : "Seoul university 2nd year, creative writing."

"That's amazing, I wanted to go to a top university too but I don't think my grades are good enough."

JY : "Hmmm wae?"

"We'll I'm not good at math, history nor science...."

JY : "Hahahaha so basically you're not good in everything."

"Yah Neomuhae!"

JY : "Hahahaha sorry, but what major do you want to take anyway?"

"I'm not sure yet... Maybe culinary arts...."

JY : "Then there's still hope hahaha! You don't need math or science with that but you need to study hard on your English, so you can go international."

"Ohh it's time for me to go."

JY : "You're not staying for the sunset???"

"I wish I could but my mom will get angry at me."

JY : "Arraso then take care!"

"Hmm, can I ask your name?"

JY : "Yeah, Yoo Jeongyeon. How about you?"

"Nayeon... You've been coming here since you were 10, I think it's just right for me to ask permission from you to come here."

JY : " You can come here whenever you want, it's not like I own the place plus I wasn't the one who was here first."

NY : "Will I see you again tomorrow?"

JY : "Maybe, I go here every day."

NY : "Then see you again! I enjoyed talking to you, Annyeong Jeongyeon Sunbae-nim!!!" She said as she hopped away from Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon couldn't take away the smile on her face, she finds the high school girl really interesting and refreshing.

---