Ways

Entangled in

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.


She offered to give help.  Amber refused at first but was convinced somehow.

 

Except that Krystal is one busy student and hard to catch so she tried doing things on her own.

 

Now the latter is in on a "100 ways to get expelled" thinking spree.

 

Drugs or narcotics were too expensive for her.

 

She has limited resources and contacts.

 

Disregarding school and class rules - a total failure.

 

They might send her to the school psychiatrist for counseling as a means to solve it.


It's like that student she saw while passing down a hallway who fought with a teacher through fists.

 

A brutal fight it was but the old guy won over him and the student got away with bruises, lots of detention and money loss.

 

Moving on, Amber cannot bring in any weapons because she hardly could get out of the campus that has everything you need for as if it was a city on its own.

And the list goes on.

 

AMBER'S P.O.V.

 

I have this tendency.

 

It’s a certain tendency.

 

My attention is so hard to get at times.

 

Especially if my curiosity is at its peak and I wanted to keep on going until I get what I wanted to know.

 

This is a thirst for unquenchable knowledge that I cannot deny.

 

Plus I like puzzles and mind challenging tasks like what I am doing now.

 

In this school garden where fresh air is amazing as always I did my work.

 

Although this intricately designed outdoor metal table and chairs are to my liking.

 

They are comfy I must say.

 

But still -

 

*SIGH*

 

A lot of time might have passed by because I zoned out looking at my notebook full of laid out preparation for my great escape.

 

Grabbing something from the table, my hands are busy with a Rubix cube.

 

It has been hours since I could think of anything.

 

“You are close to solving that Rubix cube.  Good job.”

 

I bent my head backwards to see this M.I.A. girl behind peering through what I have written.

 

She continued, “That won’t work.”

 

Okay, that’s just it.

 

“I had enough.”

 

She cannot believe it and grabbed my shoulders, “What?!  You cannot give up now!”

 

“Aishhh!!!  I had enough of you going all HERMOINE-ish on me –,” I paused to take a good look at her then in a mocking tone, “- Miss Granger?”

 

Quickly, she let go of me as her eyes narrowed down on me, fists clenching up blood making it near snowy white, teeth making gritting sounds and her tightened facial muscles.

 

A lovely reaction I intentionally wanted to get.

 

“Oh no you just did not call me –”

 

“Oh contraire I just did –” please insert emphasis Maestro “- MISS GRANGER.”

 

I am waiting for a volcano to erupt any moment now.

 

“EFF NO!!!  I was going around trying to help you but club activities had gotten in the way also I need to study.”

 

can amazingly say those words oh so fast.

 

Mehhhh – lame excuse.

 

“But you are not –” with a motion of my fingers to do the quotation marks “- “ACTUALLY HELPING” but rather helping yourself to go around and nag at me."

 

I heard her melodious angry mumbling of incomprehensible words as she sat beside me.

 

“You are close to getting my points easily.  Good job.”

 

Then happily I placed the solved Rubix cube on the table.

 

Turning towards her displeased face, I showed her two thumbs up and a big toothy smile as if on a commercial.

 

She mumbled again.

 

I’m getting good at this. 

 

LIBRARY

 

AUTHOR’S P.O.V.

 

She ruffled her hair fast making some strands go in between her fingers.

 

Too busy to notice her environment, her hands prolifically flipped the book page by page.

 

BAM!!!

 

A pile of notebooks dropped in front of her causing her to look up.

 

“Finally, your attention.  Lee Donghae.  I hear you are good on Math, right Amber Liu?”

 

Amber crooked her head sideways to see some other guys behind him.

 

“And you got that information, where?”

 

He smiled, “I have my own resources.  So can you do a favor for me and do my math homework?  Oh yeah, pretty please?”

 

She didn’t like the things being implied.

 

“Ohhh now I see where this is going.”

 

He kept on smiling even when she said that.

 

“So will you do it?”

 

“Well as you can see your sentence says it all.”

 

“And?”

 

“You used “my” so therefore, technically I shouldn’t really be doing “your” homework.  You asked if “I can do you a favor” but the thing is I -” her face turned grim, “- cannot.”

 

Donghae’s assistants flinched only to be stopped by him himself.

 

Amber did not care so she continued with her book.

 

He chuckled in amusement, “I like you.  You can stand up on your own.  Perfect!  You passed.”

 

“Passed what?” she nonchalantly asked without taking her eyes off the book being read.

 

No words for a reply but only another smile.

 

AMBER'S P.O.V.

 

Oh G- tell me how I end up in here?

 

How did I -?

 

"Go Amber!!!  HWAITING!!!"

 

Donghae cheered me on as I fidgetedly held unto this guitar with eyes on Krystal's annoyed face.