First taste

Entangled in

 

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.
 

Are you fond of eating sweets?

 

Like chocolates perhaps?

 

Once you unwrap it from it's foil you get to smell its fragrance entering your nostrils.

 

Smelling it is different from tasting.  

 

You pick that piece of dark aphrodisiac with your fingers gently.

 

Then when you have finally placed the chocolate in your mouth its delictable taste will melt into your tongue.


Playfully it will tell your senses that it's sweet but then again it will become bitter.

 

It's bitter and sweet at the same time.


A lot like love don't you think so too?

 

Bittersweet.

 

I tasted some chocolates lately and I think I don't want to eat one again so soon.

 

Tsk tsk tsk . . . 

 

Unless someone shoves them down my throat.  ._.

 

On a lighter note, it was another normal day at the Junior Subdivision.

 

Small bungalow houses lined up like in the suburbs.

 

No parents but school officials will supervise the entire student population.

 

I did mention that Amber and the others have been living in their own houses right?

 

Each student from Setile Academy does.

 

Not a dorm but a house to each of them. 

 

There are three subdivisions that are named after each year in the Academy:  Freshman Subdivision, Sophomore Subdivision, and Junior Subdivision for the high school.

 

But this wasn't all like this before.

 

There were no houses but dorms.

 

So let me take you back where it all began.

 

Freshman year for the new transfer student Amber Liu.

 

THE BEGINNING

 

AMBER'S P.O.V.


My life couldn't get any better.

 

If only you could see me now my smile is from one ear to another.

 

I have great friends, great family and a great school.

 

Classes just ended minutes ago and I am walking home with my usual childhood friends.

 

Life is so good and nothing is going to break it.

 

A few laughs and jokes here and there made me not notice that I already arrived home.

 

Strange, there's an expensive black sedan in front of our house.

 

"Did dad buy a new car?  Cool!!!"

 

I ran up to our door and shouted, "I'm home!  Mom, Dad does that black sedan mean I am going to get -"

 

Then there were these two men in suits like in that men in black movie including the shades.

 

They stood up as they saw me and so did my parents.

 

"- the old car."

 

There was this moment where everything is about to change and I am fearing that it will happen soon.

 

"Amber!  Great timing!"  Mom walked up to me and gave me a hug as usual.


They were all rambling words and my mind could not comprehend after I heard the words "You will go to South Korea and study there for the next few years."

 

Next morning,  I was on a plane that was about to land itself on South Korea.

 

How did I end up in all this?


AUTHOR'S P.O.V.

 

Now as soon as Amber arrived a limousine picked her up carrying a well known emblem that made them look at her in awe and gossips were being made.

 

When she arrived at school, she was greeted by the entire school staff bowing to her in greeting as she awkwardly and hesitantly bowed back.

 

What's with this grand school?

 

She asked herself.

 

BAM!

 

The door snapped her out of her trance as she looked in confusion at her surroundings.

 

She straightened her posture as well as her preppy wrinkled attire and focused on the man in front of her.

 

The Chairman of this school.

 

"We are happy that you have graciously accepted our offer to be studying in this school.  Transfer student.  Freshman year.  This is a once in a lifetime occurrence as you can see."

 

Amber did not understand, "What?  Isn't it normal for you guys to have transferees?  It's only the beginning year of high school."

 

He stood up and answered, "For our school?  *Scoffs*  No, it is not normal.  Each student were chosen ever since grade one.  No transferees are allowed after that or else the whole school program for developing such great minds will be in total chaos and all will be for nothing.  You have to plant seeds young while you can.  But you, you are special."

 

Amber pushed herself way back against the chair she was sitting on when the chairman eyed her then an all knowing smirk had appeared upon his lips.

 

Class 1-1.

 

It was the embossed writing which was placed on the door in front of her.

 

Everything here was high class and Amber did not like it.

 

All of it spelled "rich" which comes along with "rich spoiled brats".

 

She had to give up all the good things in her life back in America for this.

 

And she could not refuse the offer or else her parents will be arguing again.

 

Her parents had one big fight the other day and were yelling "divorce" which really troubled Amber.

 

They don't have much so she has to it all up and bear with the changes.

 

A step forward were followed by small timid ones as she entered the room with herself spacing out.

 

She heard her new classmates whispering then it was shushed by the teacher, "Okay class, this is the new transfer student Amber Liu.  Please take good care of her.  How about you introduce yourself a bit so your classmates could get a headstart on knowing you."

 

Amber smiled back to the teacher, faced her new classmates, wiped out her smile, made a serious look then said, "Amber Liu, female, I hate this school."