FAVORS

Entangled in

 

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER PLAY

 

“What are you trying to do?!  Kill me?!” Amber yelled after taking off the helmet.


"Somewhat like that," she grinned all too evilly.










The P.E. coach raised his hand in favor of Krystal.  Another point goes to her.


It was fencing class.


The heated on-going spar between Amber and Krystal was at a pause as the transferee had her back on the ground with the sabre acting as a shield against an almost cut-throat slice of her neck.


With a hair flip, she placed her helmet back on then Krystal said, "En garde Amber Liu," she smirked with so much pleasure under the screen.



Amber could only grimace at the pose the other showed her as she never had fenced in her life.


With a whistle, another round has started.


In terms of knife experience, she only got as far as using a butter knife.


Other than that, it's nil.


So her chance to win against Krystal today at this match is nowhere near possible to the eyes of many. 


Most especially because this Jung had won several competitions here and there.


Amber formed a comfortable stance and when the go signal was released she waited.


Each was now advancing step by step towards the other. 


Krystal would tease by pushing and pulling a little her sword towards Amber which the latter would swat away like some fly.


It didn’t stop getting Amber irritated but kept her steam under control.


“You know I can tell Donghae hyung that I will bail that club because of you not wanting me there,” Amber grinned too much.


“NO WAY!  It will – “ Krystal cut off by her opponent.


“Alas!  That’s the whole point of telling him,” Amber said while standing calmly and playing with the sabre’s tip by bending it in different directions.


“YAH!!Aishhh!! You!”


Krystal lunged the sabre straight forward full force at her with only one step.


In a split second, Amber let the enemy’s sword glide against her weapon as she did a 360 turn and attacked the other seeing the opening of Krystal’s defenseless back.


The raised hand goes as a point towards Amber. 


Their classmates applauded the tactic used by the transferee as Krystal took her head gear off and screamed in frustration.  Even though she won by a lead of two points, she was not satisfied seeing this newbie was able to get a point off her.


Then the bell rang telling students that it’s time for lunch break.


While shaking hands with other classmates, Krystal intentionally pushed Amber’s shoulder.


The other girl was not happy with it but kept a smile on so as not to get into a useless argument.  Besides, it means Krystal was pissed off with what she had done in the match.

 


EXPECTED UNEXPECTED CIRCUMSTANCES

 

“Sulli!  Wait up!”  Amber was now catching up with her breathe after the doll-like girl stopped when she was asked to.


“Oh Hi Amber, is there something wrong?”


Amber smiled while shaking her head, “Ani.  It’s just that I accepted your proposal.”


“Eh?”  Sulli innocently asked the panting girl.  Her mind was pre-occupied with many things at that time to think back at what Amber meant until, “Ah!  Yes!  You as my fiancée in exchange of you getting out of this school.”


“Yes!”  Amber smiled as they were now on the same page of the conversation.


They then discussed the terms in details and decided to sign a formal written contract.


After Amber signed Sulli asked her, “So what made you change your mind?”


She rubbed the back of her neck as she anxiously answered in hopes of not hurting the other, “Well, I was hoping...  Err, I mean…  We can always get a divorce if the marriage doesn’t work out, right?”


“Yes, of course.  If it’s not beneficial for one of the parties involved.  Logically, I agree with you.”


Amber’s face brightened up at that reply.  “Good!  Also, other than missing my friends back home I could not stand being mistreated badly by your ‘awesome’ best friend,” Amber enthusiastically replied with a hint of sarcasm which went unnoticed.


Sulli happily commented, “Oh Good thing you and Soojung are getting along well.”


‘I think she is dense.  Too much back log in her brain due to too much information I guess,’ Amber thought seeing that she believed that compliment on Krystal was real.


“Uhh Okay?”


“Don’t worry.  She will warm up to you after a few more months together,” Sulli continued walking with Amber beside her.


“Yea – What?   Wait a minute here.  I do not plan to spend any single minute with your best friend even if you are okay.  She is the ultimate example of an amazon girl gone wild!!”


“But you have no choice since you are now my fiancée and its part of the contract.”


Amber frowned, “But there was no mention of cooperation with Krystal Jung in it.”


“Yes but it does state that you have to gain a top student standing in school during your stay through instructions from yours truly.  And I decided that you will receive those instructions from the top students here, my best friend."


"EHH?!?"









 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

mianhe... ._. was busy..