Chapter 9

Forever You Will Be My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok woke up with the sun hitting his face. He let out a sigh and rolled over in his sleeping bag as he yawned. He sat up, hair in every direction. He looked down to see Jongin, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo still sleeping. He let out a scoff and shook his head. His head turned as he heard his tent zipping upwards, someone was coming in.

“Hey,” Jongdae poked his head in and smiled wide once he made eye contact with a groggy Minseok.

“How did you sleep?” Jongdae asked as he crawled into the tent that was already a bit too cramped.

“Fine. You?”

Jongdae made his way next to Minseok, shoving Jongin softly away. “Good. Have you been sleeping well?”

Minseok nodded, “Yeah.”

“No nightmares?”

Minseok let out a soft chuckle, “No. What are you talking about?”

A soft sigh had them both turning their heads. Jongin was blinking as he looked up at the both of them. His lips were pouting and his eyes were half open. Minseok giggled as he said, “Good morning.”  

Jongin furrowed his brows and buried his face in the pillow.

Jongdae’s eyes softened and then they swayed to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. He felt his heart beat faster and bit his bottom lip. He saw as their bellies gently went up and down. They were both breathing…sleeping peacefully.

“Hey…” Jongdae whispered as he leaned into them. “Wake up.” He told them as he shook them both softly.

Their eyes both fluttered open and they grimaced.

Jongdae smiled wider and leaned down to hug them both. “You’re awake!” He exclaimed happily.

Minseok laughed and scrunched up his eyebrows. “You woke up in a good mood.”

***

“Sehun!”

Sehun blinked as he swung his backpack over his shoulder. Ever since he had gotten his memory back, he had been unable to even face this person.

“Sehun, are you excited to go to Monalet?”

Sehun slowly turned his head to face brown eyes that shined, a smile that was a little too big, and hair that was groomed to impress. He can’t believe he had been so ignorant before. How could he have not known how Taemin felt about him?

“I am.” Sehun responded.

“I can’t wait to go either.” Taemin responded with eagerness.

Of course Taemin was excited. It was his home. Sehun hoped that Taemin wouldn’t remember anything. Taemin had been the prophecy. He can’t even imagine how Taemin would act if he found out that his past self was key in destroying both kingdoms. “Taemin, do you…want to go together?”

“Hm?”

Sehun shrugged, “I mean…look around together?”

Taemin’s mouth dropped but he shut it quickly. “Su—sure.” He replied. “Let me just get my sweater.” He ran off back to his tent.

Jongdae walked up to Sehun and placed his hand on his shoulder, “What are you doing?”

Sehun shut his eyes, “I owe him. He saved my life back then and I was so cruel to him. The least I can do is try to show him affection now.”

Jongdae shook his head, “Sehun, I got to know you before and now. Why are you getting his hopes up?”

Sehun shrugged his hand off as he sighed.

“It’s because that guilt hasn’t left you, huh? You still think that it’s your fault he revealed everything?”

Sehun stiffened and swallowed. Jongdae didn’t need to hear him speak to know his answer.

“Alright class!” The professor shouted, “We are off to Monalet!”

***

Kyungsoo took one step into the kingdom and his eyes widened at the flowers that glowed on the pathway. He had heard how Monalets used these plants to light their way in the night.  They would plant them in their homes, in the streets, or on pathways throughout the kingdom.

He bent down and tilted his head as he took the sight in. They were extraordinary! Monalets were so unique in the sense that they were able to find a way to light up their kingdom without fire. He reached out and touched the top of the flower. It illuminated so bright. It was almost as if…he had seen it before…

“Kyungsoo, come on!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he pulled on his shoulder.

Kyungsoo looked up at Baekhyun, shaking himself from his thoughts. He stood up and the elder pulled him along with the group. He wasn’t sure when this became a thing, but he didn’t mind. Baekhyun could pull him to wherever he wanted, Kyungsoo would always follow behind.

Their eyes darted upwards and they saw the ruins of what was once Monalet. The houses were still standing, but had moss growing in every section of them. They were all worn down and were visibly abandoned. Some were unrecognizable due to the fires that were started by Solarians.

“Welcome to Monalet everyone.” The professor announced. “Or at least, what is left of it.”

The class had excited expressions on their faces and ran off in different directions to explore.

Sehun smiled from ear to ear as he took everything in. Except for the visibly old houses, it was as if nothing had changed.

“Sehun, where do you wanna go first?” Taemin asked as he extended his hand and took Sehun’s.

Sehun blinked and quickly pulled away. He didn’t mean to do it, but it was his first instinct…

Taemin wet his lips, but smiled quickly. Sehun once again felt awful. He had been so cruel to him before and now…he was doing it again.

“Um…start wherever you want, I’ll follow.” Sehun smiled.

Taemin stayed smiling, but Sehun could see that it didn’t reach his eyes. He wanted so badly to tell him that he was sorry. That his heart belonged to another…and now in this life, he would not let that someone get away. But how could he? He wasn’t supposed to know how Taemin felt.

“Sehun, if you don’t want to explore with me, it’s alright.”

It’s not that he didn’t want to explore with him. It’s that he didn’t want to hurt him.

“Hey Sehun,” A hand pressed into his shoulder and pulled him back a bit, “Want to check out the houses over there?” Jongdae asked.

Sehun leaned easily into the touch. He turned his head and smiled.

Taemin bit his bottom lip, “I’ll just go with Minseok.”

Sehun turned back to look at him and took a step forward, but Jongdae held him back.

“I’ll see you later.” Taemin told him.

Sehun furrowed his brows as he saw his retreating form, “What are you doing?” He snapped at Jongdae harshly.

Jongdae shook his head, “A better question is, what are YOU doing? You know the way he feels about you. Why are you stringing him along?”

“I’m not. I want to like him. I want to…”

“You know you can’t. I know your heart still belongs to that prince from before.”

Sehun looked over at Jongdae. He wanted to push him away and shout ‘NO!’ But what good would it do? He was right.

Jongdae straightened up, “You met him in this life already, haven’t you?”

Sehun shut his eyes and sighed, “He’s a waiter…”

Jongdae scoffed, “You can’t force yourself to have feelings for Taemin. Don’t let the guilt of over 1000 years ago lead your life now. We were reborn for a reason. We are meant to live a whole new life.”

Sehun nodded as he agreed. He was reborn for a reason. And that reason was not to fall in love with Taemin. He was a whole new person that had a completely different life.

***

Minseok was looking around the ruins alone with a flashlight in hand. He had promised himself to see everything there was to see.

“Hey Minseok!”

The eldest blinked and looked towards the source of the voice. He shined the light in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter