Chapter 1

Forever You Will Be My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo’s alarm rang from the drawer where it always was. He must have forgotten to shut it off. He had woken up early and had been unable to fall back asleep. He blamed it on his nerves for today.

He reached out for the alarm, turned it off and looked back in the mirror to make sure he looked presentable. It would be his first official day at the University. Jongin and Minseok had shown him around the campus yesterday, but today would be his official first class.

After making sure he looked fine, he let out an exhale and went downstairs to grab something to eat.

“Kyungsoo?” He heard a soft voice call out.

He turned his head to see his mother in her pajamas walking over to him. She was rubbing her eyes and had her hair in disarray.

He smiled and walked over to her, “What are you doing up?”

His mother let out a small yawn, “I wanted to see you off.”

He scoffed as he kissed the top of her head, “Mom, you need to sleep.”

She pouted as she looked up at him, “Want me to make you breakfast?”

He laughed as he shook his head, “I can manage.”

She extended her hand, adjusted his glasses, and rubbed his cheek, “It’s nice to have you back home.”

He grinned wide and again kissed her head, “I need to leave soon, ok?”

He blended a fruit smoothie and packed his lunch in a small container. He gulped down the smoothie and ran out of the door to grab the public bus that would take him to school.

“Kyungsoo! Don’t forget it’s the number 5 bus!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he turned around and nodded. It doesn’t matter how old one got, parents will forever treat their children as though they were babies. Kyungsoo wasn’t a kid anymore, he just needed one more semester left of university before he would be ready to head to the workforce. But he also understood that his parents must have missed him a lot while he was away.

***

Baekhyun doodled a little sun in his notebook as he waited for his friends to come in through the door. He was seated in the middle of the classroom with seats reserved for each one of them. It was officially their last semester of school and he couldn’t be more excited. So much rigorous work and nights spent up would officially be over after this semester.

“How was work?” A voice came from his side. Chanyeol made his way towards him and sat down next to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shrugged, “Nothing special.” Baekhyun worked in the school bookstore in the early mornings. He only worked four hour shifts and a couple days of week, which meant he was not making much. But all that money went towards school, so he supposed it was alright. His eyes went up to look over at the latter. He sent him a smile and scoffed once he looked closely at Chanyeol, “You look tired.”

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, “I am…I had to stay up late helping my dad out in the shop.” Chanyeol’s dad owned an auto shop and the business was flourishing. That was good, but it meant that Chanyeol was always busy.

Baekhyun laughed, “That explains your ugly eye bags.”

Chanyeol let out a yawn, “Very funny Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun gave him a mischievous smirk, “I heard Jongin is in this class this semester.” He teased.

Chanyeol perked up, “Is he really?”

Baekhyun nodded, “Yup.”

For their archeology major it was required for them to take this final class to graduate. There was only one professor that taught it and both the classes he taught were full.

“Minseok told me when I saw him last night leaving campus.” Baekhyun told him. “They were both on campus last night actually.”

“Is Minseok in this class too?”

Baekhyun nodded, “Yup, good luck trying to hit on him.” Chanyeol had been crushing on Jongin for at least a year now. Sometimes it seemed like Jongin liked him back, other times it seemed it was only one sided.

Chanyeol face planted onto the desk as he ruffled his hair. “It’s going to take a miracle for me to talk to Jongin!” They knew that Minseok was extremely protective. Since Jongin was his little brother, Minseok watched over him like a hawk. And anyone that dared try to hit on his brother would earn a glare if not a talk from Minseok.

Baekhyun shrugged, “Why don’t you stay late on campus one day and ask to study with him.”

Chanyeol pouted, “You live on campus. And Jongin and Minseok only live a couple of blocks away. I live really far and I gotta help my dad. I can’t stay late!”

Baekhyun laughed as he patted his back, “Good luck.”

As if on cue, Jongdae and Minseok plopped themselves next to them, with Jongin trailing behind them.

“Hey! We’re all in the same class this semester?” Jongdae exclaimed eagerly.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked in their direction to grin at them, “We were just talking about you!” Baekhyun told them.

Jongdae scoffed, “Oh really?”

“Well no…not you specifically.” Baekhyun teased.

“Hey Chanyeol.” Jongin greeted with a wink.

Chanyeol suddenly smiled wide, “Hey Jongin.”

Jongin let out a giggle, Minseok sent Chanyeol a scowl. “Anyway…” Minseok began, “I think Sehun is here too right?”

“Is he?” Jongdae questioned excitedly.

They had all met in college while completing their archeology degree. Archeology was not a subject that many students wanted to major in. Therefore, all of the archeology majors had each other in at least one class. They recognized each and every face in the room. Even though everyone knew each other, each student had their own clique. Of course they all spoke to one another, but each had their own group of friends that they felt most comfortable with.

“Speaking of Sehun…” Jongin said as he gestured towards the door.

Sehun ran into the class panting heavily as he looked around the room. He immediately saw his friends and smiled wide as he made his way towards where they were sitting.

“Sehun!” Jongin exclaimed excitedly as he gestured towards a chair by them.

Sehun sat down and they all began doting on him.

“Where have you been?” Minseok asked as he ruffled his hair.

Sehun shut his eyes as he sighed, “Praying that I would get this class.” He answered.

“You’re petitioning?” Chanyeol questioned.

Sehun shook his head, “No, I was first on the wait list and luckily someone dropped last night.”

Baekhyun’s mouth dropped, “You barely got enrolled last night?”

Sehun nodded as he chuckled.

“Oh, actually a friend of ours enrolled in the class too.” Jongin added.

“Oh really? Who?” Chanyeol asked.

“He used to go to Yonsei University, but he transferred here to finish his last semester. He is our neighbor so he asked us to show him around the campus yesterday.” Minseok answered.

“Yonsei? He dropped out of Yonsei?” Jongdae asked in disbelief.

Minseok nodded, “Yeah, I was shocked too when he told us. But he has his reasons.”

Baekhyun shrugged, “Well I can’t blame him. I bet tuition is expensive.”

“He’s really cool, but shy. Be nice yeah?” Jongin told them.

Jongdae sent him a mischievous smile. “How shy?”

Their conversation was interrupted when the door opened loudly. The professor walked in, briefcase in hand. He settled himself behind the podium and placed his briefcase on it. Everyone in class perked up and looked over at him. The six friends all went to a desk and sat down.

The professor looked up and gave them all a friendly smile, “You all know my name and I know all of yours, therefore, there is no need for introductions.” His eyes darted around as he searched for someone, “Except for one person that needs one…”  He looked down at his roll sheet and pouted.

Someone suddenly ran in through the door. His eyes were wide and it seemed as though he had just come back from a jog. He was letting o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter