Chapter 3

Forever You Will Be My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Traitor!” A voice yelled out in the distance. Chanyeol did his best to try and recognize someone, but was unable to tell who the black figures were. It was almost as if there was a large group in front of him.

“Execution!” Another voice shouted.

What were they talking about? What execution?

He gasped as he saw a rock coming towards him. He tried to stand, but something was keeping him from getting up. He grunted as he looked at the crowd again. All of the black figures seemed angry, except for two. Two of the black figures seemed to be…crying?

He turned his head and saw a big black figure walking towards him. It carried something in its hands and Chanyeol suddenly felt terror. What was this thing about to do? His breathing accelerated and again he tried to move but to no avail.

He opened his eyes wide and let out heavy pants as a cold sweat trickled down his face. He stared up at the ceiling above him. Another dream with the black figures.

He rubbed his face with his hand. What an awful dream it was this time. He had never woken up in such a cold sweat.

A vibration from next to him startled him out of his thoughts. He turned to look at it.

[Jongdae: What are you doing today?] 7:02 am

Chanyeol gulped as he responded:

[Chanyeol: Working with my dad.] 7:04 am

[Jongdae: I was hoping we could meet up and talk about the project today? I knew it was a long shot though. It’s Tuesday so I knew we all had other plans.] 7:10 am

[Chanyeol: We talked all about the project last week and yesterday. We can just talk about it next week. But if it’s a big thing, then you can send it in the group chat and we can video call or something?] 7:13 am

[Jongdae: lol yeah, but we been making good progress on it. I just want to add to my part and make sure everyone is cool with it. I’ll just send it in the group chat] 7:17 am

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes as he sat up in bed. It was time for his day at the auto shop to begin.

***

“Dad, do you want to take a break?” Chanyeol asked as he saw his dad rubbing at his sore muscles.

“No Chanyeol, I’m fine really.” He responded.

Chanyeol’s dad was the kindest person anyone could ever meet. He was hardworking and Chanyeol looked up to him very much. Hopefully one day he would be able to achieve his dream just as his dad had.

“But, I do need to head out for a bit.”

Chanyeol nodded as he got a rag and cleaned off his hands. He had been working on a car that a customer had dropped off about an hour ago. They would be back for it tomorrow. Business was pretty slow today.

“I need to pick up a car part that we don’t have.”

“Alright, I can manage the shop while you’re gone.”

His dad smiled as he washed his hands in the sink, “I won’t be long.”

Chanyeol scoffed, “Don’t worry dad, you can take your time.”

His dad made sure he looked a bit decent before heading out to buy the part. Chanyeol took the wrench that was on the table and continued working on the car. He heard someone pull up and he listened for footsteps. He heard a car door close and realized he had a customer.

He went over to the sink to rinse off his hands and dried them with a paper towel. He turned around and saw a car parked in the lot. Chanyeol stepped out with a big grin on his face, but it disappeared once he saw who was standing by the car.

“Chanyeol?” A grinning Jongin questioned.

Chanyeol gulped and realized he looked very dirty and was wearing very old overalls accompanied with an old shirt. “Oh, hi Jongin.” He tried greeting without sounding as though he was embarrassed.

“I didn’t know you worked here.” Jongin grinned wide as he walked towards him.

“Er…” Chanyeol gulped, “Yeah, I help my dad out.”

“That’s cool. It guarantees you a job while going to school.”

Chanyeol smiled, “Yeah, I mean it helps pay for some of my school expenses, so I can’t complain.”

“Must be nice.”

Chanyeol cleared his throat, “What brings you here?”

Jongin gestured to the car behind him, “My dad wanted me to take his car to an auto shop to get an oil change.” He turned to look back at Chanyeol, “So I came to this shop because I heard good things about it.”

“Really? That’s a huge compliment, thanks.”

“Are you busy?”

Chanyeol shook his head. He was never too busy for Jongin, “No, I can do an oil change really fast.”

Jongin smiled, “Thank you.”

Chanyeol felt his heart accelerate. Why was the latter so attractive? He got his tools and began to get to work on the car. Jongin stood next to him as he wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter