Chapter 11

Forever You Will Be My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun felt as the flood of memories suddenly returned to him. His eyes watered as he remembered everything. His days as a child in the castle, all the way up to his death.

“I—I was the Solaris prince.” He said barely above a whisper.

He bit his bottom lip as the tears began to fall uncontrollably. Their plan…had failed…

“Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun’s eyes darted up to look at Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Sehun. Their eyes were wide as they looked him over. 

They gulped and Jongdae uttered, “Your highness?”

Baekhyun crumbled at the word and fell into their arms. They did remember.

“We—“ Baekhyun hiccupped as he tried to speak. He could barely breathe, let alone speak.

“Shhh…Baekhyun calm down. That was the old us. We have a completely new life now.” Chanyeol whispered as he rubbed his back.

Baekhyun swallowed as he nodded. He was no longer the Solaris prince. He was now the reincarnation of him. He parted from them and let out a sigh. He eyed the three of them. Sehun still had that familiar innocence in his eyes. Baekhyun giggled as another tear fell. He sniffled and let his eyes sway to Chanyeol. The latter was right in front of him and Baekhyun refused to let go of his hand. Chanyeol scoffed as he lifted a finger to wipe under Baekhyun’s eye. “Yah Baekhyun. I’m here ok? You don’t have to lose me again.”

Baekhyun swallowed and nodded. The memory of Chanyeol had barely resurfaced and his heart felt heavy thinking about it. His eyes landed on Jongdae and he sent him a small smile, “You survived?”

Jongdae grinned at him as his eyes watered, “Yes.”

Baekhyun chuckled and looked over at Sehun, “So did you.”

Sehun nodded as he grinned.

“I’m glad.” Baekhyun told him as he rubbed Sehun’s cheek with his hand.

He looked back at the sash and staff behind the glass. Those two items must have triggered his memory.  Their initials were still on them and they were a bit wore down, but now, he could read them. He gasped as he suddenly realized that there were two items that weren’t behind the glass. He perked up and asked, “Where are the crystals?”

Jongdae blinked and tilted his head to the side. He remembered those crystals. The ones used during the wedding ceremony. He is certain that he placed them here with them. “Minseok and I buried you and Kyungsoo here along with everything, including those crystals.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the mention of Kyungsoo’s name. His prince…

He looked out the door and his eyes widened. A couple of feet away was his prince. He was speaking to another student, eyes squinting and grin wide. He had the same dazzling smile and tender eyes. Baekhyun looked him over and realized that he was still just as handsome as he was in his past life. His heart skipped a beat and he felt a smile sprawl across his lips. His feelings for Kyungsoo had not changed one bit.

“Kyungsoo…” He whispered as he grinned wide and his eyes watered once more. “Kyungsoo…”

He sniffled and made a beeline towards the latter. He sprinted towards Kyungsoo, but suddenly felt someone tug him from behind.

“Baekhyun, stop.” Chanyeol said in a serious tone.

Baekhyun was forced to stop in his tracks as Jongdae and Chanyeol grabbed onto him and pulled him back.

“What are you doing? Let go!”

Their grip on him tightened. “He doesn’t remember you Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he shook his head, “Yes he does!” he struggled as he did his best to escape their grip. He needed to get to his prince. They had sworn to find one another again. He had waited so long…he would not wait another second. “He’s mine!”

“Baekhyun, you WERE his everything. Now, you are just his friend.” Jongdae gripped him tight as Baekhyun began to kick and lean forward. He was surprised no one had turned to look at them.

Baekhyun shook his head, “NO! I am still his everything!” He remembered how his prince would look at him with loving eyes and how he was willing to sacrifice his own life just to make Baekhyun happy. Kyungsoo was his world, just as Baekhyun was Kyungsoo’s world.

“Baekhyun, stop! You are going to make a scene.” Chanyeol whispered harshly.

He didn’t care. He wanted Kyungsoo. He wanted so badly to cradle him and wrap his arms around him. He continued fighting them, trying to escape their grip. Kyungsoo was within reach…just a couple more steps and he could grab him and kiss him.

Sehun watched from behind them with his eyes wide. It was devastating to see how much Baekhyun loved Kyungsoo. He was doing whatever he could to get to him. Sehun knew it would be bad, but he didn’t expect this.

“Baekhyun!” Jongdae scolded, “You are no longer the Solaris prince! And he is no longer the Monalet prince! He does not love you anymore!”

Baekhyun stiffened as the weight of those words began to settle in. Kyungsoo was no longer his prince. They had vowed to cherish each other in their past life, until death parted them. Death had already done so. They were now reborn as completely different people. Even if he did get to Kyungsoo, the latter would surely reject him. That thought stung worse than anything.

He let his body go limp and their grip on him loosened.

Kyungsoo turned his back to Baekhyun and he walked further away. He hadn’t even noticed that Baekhyun was trying to get to him. Baekhyun was merely a classmate…a friend that he had a small crush on.

 Baekhyun’s lip quivered. Why did he deserve such a curse? Why should he remember everything while his prince prances around and remembers nothing of their love story?

“Will he remember?” Baekhyun asked as he fell to his knees.

Jongdae sighed, “I don’t know. I don’t even know how it works. But Kyungsoo is the only one that hasn’t remembered anything.”

Baekhyun looked down at the ground in defeat. What could he possibly do? It was a lost cause. He let out a sigh and looked at Kyungsoo as he took pictures of the altar that they married at. “What did I do to deserve such cruelty?” Baekhyun put his head down into his hand. He cried softly into it.

“Baekhyun…” Sehun called out softly as he bent down next to him. There was nothing he could possibly say to ease the pain. So he instead placed his hand on Baekhyun’s back.

Kyungsoo looked down at his phone to admire his pictures of the altar. He would definetly make a scrapbook of today. He turned his head to see Baekhyun on the ground. Chanyeol and Jongdae stood over him as they bit their lip. Sehun was next to him, rubbing small circles into his back.

Kyungsoo tilted his head as he walked towards them, “Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun shuttered at his voice. How could he face him? It was impossible to look him in the eyes now.

Kyungsoo got closer, “Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun bit his lip as the tears swelled up in his eyes. He cleared his throat and swallowed the lump in it. He loved Kyungsoo more than words could ever describe. He swore to find him again and he did. This was a second chance. Even if Kyungsoo didn’t remember, Baekhyun would make him fall all over again.

He looked up and smiled, “Yes?”

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows, his heart suddenly clenching at the sight of Baekhyun so sad. “What’s wrong?”

“I just—“ Baekhyun stood up and Sehun made sure that he didn’t stumble. “I fell and hit my head.”

“Oh!” Kyungsoo got closer and placed his hands gently on the side of Baekhyun’s temples. Baekhyun’s watery eyes widened as he realized how determined Kyungsoo was to make him feel better. He rubbed small circles into his temples as his eyes furrowed behind his glasses. “Better?”

Baekhyun swallowed and wiped at his eyes, “Yeah.”

Kyungsoo smiled, “Do I have to protect you from everything? I take my eyes off of you for a couple of minutes and you’re falling on your head.”

Baekhyun chuckled. Please never take your eyes off of me Kyungsoo. He wanted to be on the receiving end of Kyungsoo’s gaze forever. “I think you do.”

Kyungsoo scoffed and playfully punched his shoulder, “That was a rhetorical question you idiot.”

“Hey guys, is everything ok?” Minseok asked with Jongin and Taemin next to him.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both looked at them. One look at Baekhyun and that’s all they needed to know that he remembered. His body was practically pressed onto Kyungsoo. And he leaned easily into him, almost as if they were a married couple, but it seemed one sided. Kyungsoo had no idea that Baekhyun was madly in love with him.

Baekhyun sniffled and smiled at them. “We’re fine.” He responded.

Kyungsoo looked over at him, “We?” He parted, “You hit your head.”

Baekhyun giggled, “Yeah, but someone helped me feel a lot of better.” He winked.

Kyungsoo felt a slight blush appear on his cheeks and he looked away, “I’m going into the cabin to check it out…”

“I’ll go with you.” Baekhyun said as he walked next to Kyungsoo.

Jongin let out a laugh and stood next to Chanyeol. He wrapped his arm into the latter’s, “Baekhyun remembers, doesn’t he?”

Chanyeol nodded, “What was the first hint?”

Jongin giggled, “He isn’t going to let Kyungsoo get away is he?”

Chanyeol shook his head, “Nope.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both walked into the cabin to see that a classmate was inside looking over the artifacts. It was the homophobic guy from class but they refused to let him ruin this. They looked over the other things in the cabin instead.

“Was this the actual bed do you think?” Kyungsoo asked as he bent down and tried to get a better look.

Baekhyun shrugged, “It looks like it. Isn’t it crazy to think they consummated their marriage here?” Such beautiful memories…and now Baekhyun could remember each one with such clarity. His eyes wafted to Kyungsoo. He knew every inch of the latter’s body. He was so beautiful…

“Can you guys keep your gay away from me.”  A voice suddenly burst in out of nowhere.

They blinked and looked over at the source of it. Their classmate was eyeing them with a disgusted look on his face.

Kyungsoo pierced his lips together and looked away.

“No one told you to eavesdrop. And besides what’s so ‘gay’ about stating facts?” Baekhyun responded back.

Their classmate scoffed and shook his head, “You can be really annoying Baekhyun.”

“Funny,” Baekhyun scoffed, “I was thinking the same abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter