Chapter 2

Forever You Will Be My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun!” A voice shouted.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and saw the black figure that hovered over him. The voice sounded anguished and upset but he couldn’t figure out why.

“Baekhyun, I’m so sorry…”

Baekhyun didn’t recognize the voice, nor could he make out the figure, but every fiber of his being wanted to caress him. He wanted to let him know that he shouldn’t cry. Baekhyun would do anything he could to make sure he would never cry.

He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

“Shhh… you’re going to be alright.” The figure stood and suddenly another black figure stood behind him. Baekhyun suddenly felt fear and panic engulf him.

His heart began to accelerate causing him to wake up. Baekhyun sat in bed panting, with beads of sweat rolling down his face. He looked over at his digital clock, 2:43 am.

He let out a sigh as he threw himself back onto the bed. He looked up at the ceiling and pierced his lips together. He had the dream about the black figure again. Only this time, he seemed so distraught by something.

He rolled over in bed. Sometimes the dreams with the black figure were happy, but other times they were scary. He had been having these dreams for as long as he could remember. Only black figures made themselves visible and he could hear their voices, but there was never a face to any of them.

He needed sleep, he had work early the next morning and then class right after. But he couldn’t shake the feeling of panic that he felt. He shut his eyes as he willed himself to sleep. There was no reason to lose sleep over a silly nightmare.

***

Baekhyun didn’t get much sleep after the dream he had. He went to work groggy and got to class grumpy. And it was barely the second week of school! He shouldn’t be feeling like this yet, that should be for the last month of the semester. But all of that changed when Kyungsoo walked in through the door. The latter was so kind and enjoyable to be around. Baekhyun felt as though his batteries were recharged whenever he came around.

After class, the group sat together in the loud area of the library. Since it was a group project, they needed to be able to talk to one another without worrying if they were disrupting others.

“So, any ideas?” Baekhyun asked as he pulled out a notebook. He had volunteered to be the one to jot down whatever they come up with.

“I think we should first see everyone’s schedule.” Jongin said as he opened up a granola bar. 

Baekhyun nodded, “We decided to meet every Monday after class, right?”

“I think as long as we agree to meet up every time after class to work on this, then we should be fine.” Kyungsoo added.

“I think so too.” Baekhyun yawned before saying.

Chanyeol smirked, “Yes Baekhyun, sorry to bore you.” He teased.

Baekhyun let out a laugh, “No, It’s not that. I’m just tired again.”

“Oh? Stressful morning at work?”

Baekhyun shrugged, “Yeah, and another weird dream.”

“Dream?” Kyungsoo questioned.

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeah, sometimes I get these weird dreams about like black figures. And it’s weird because it’s like I know who they are, but I can never see their face. I want to ask them, but I can never speak.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and his mouth went slightly ajar.

“No, it’s not weird.” Baekhyun explained as he pouted his lips outward. “Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Sehun have them too.”

Sehun giggled, “Yeah, it’s almost as if it isn’t a dream, but like a—“

“Fuzzy memory.” Jongin finished.

Sehun turned to look at him, “Uh…yeah.”

Jongin chuckled, “I have dreams like that too, and so does Minseok.”

“They’re like black figures. Sometimes they even say my name.” Minseok said as he scratched the back of his head.

Baekhyun nodded vigorously, “Yes! Sometimes there is this black figure that appears and although I can’t see his face—“ he spaced out as he thought of how this figure made him feel, “I am…really in love with him…it’s like he’s my—“

“Everything.” Kyungsoo finished as he locked eyes with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun slowly shut his mouth and tilted his head to the side as he looked back at Kyungsoo.

“It’s like this person matters more than anything else. All you want is for them to be by your side, happy and healthy.” Kyungsoo said, “I have the dreams too.”

Baekhyun felt the grin spread across his features as he felt a small blush creep up. “Yeah…” he agreed.

Kyungsoo nodded, “I know the feeling.”

Sehun gasped as he suddenly stretched out over the table they were at. “Guys! What if this is like a sign or something? You know? That we were meant to meet or something?”

Minseok rolled his eyes, “its coincidence. We dream of random black figures, so what?”

“It’s weird that’s what!” Sehun exclaimed. “Maybe, for some reason, we have to meet!”

“You’ve always been like that.” Jongdae said as he sat the younger back down in his seat. “You love believing in soulmates and other things like that huh?”

Baekhyun giggled as he looked down at the floor shyly. “I would like to think they exist.” His eyes glanced to Kyungsoo but quickly looked away.

Minseok laughed, “What’s next? Past lives are real?”

Jongdae poked his cheek, “You never know.” He teased.

Minseok swatted his hand away, “Oh shut up. We have more important things to worry about.”

Jongin nodded, “Yeah, like who my soulmate is….”

Minseok quickly sent a scowl his way, “YOU don’t need to worry about that. If you have a soulmate, I promise to kick his .”

Jongin scoffed as his eyes darted to Chanyeol, “I hope my soulmate can defend himself.”

Chanyeol felt sweat accumulate and he looked away. “Don’t we have a project to do?” He questioned, trying to change topic.

“Yeah, we need ideas. The project is about having us present an archeological find as if the class was a museum.” Jongdae said.

“What if we talk about our own theory as to why Monalet and Solaris were destroyed using evidence to back it up?” Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun wrote that down, “I like that. We just need to agree on what we think it was.”

Kyungsoo looked over at him, “Why do you think the two kingdoms waged war?”

Baekhyun pouted as he thought, “I think…that they stormed on the prince’s the day of the wedding because someone snitched.”

“Who snitched?” Kyungsoo asked.

Baekhyun smirked at him, “I’m open to ideas. Who do you think snitched?”

Kyungsoo smiled back at him as he raised an eyebrow, “Someone who pretended to be something they weren’t.”

“And who is that?”

Kyungsoo shrugged, “A friend perhaps.”

Baekhyun giggled at the latter’s remarks. He liked him….he couldn’t tell why, but he felt so comfortable around him.

***

Later on that same day, everyone had to head their own way. Baekhyun headed to his dorm with Jongdae. The two were lucky to be able to be roommates.

“I’m gonna shower, how about you?” Jongdae asked.

Baekhyun sat by the window as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter