Chapter 6

Forever You Will Be My World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo stared at the computer screen. His eyes were wide and he was mid chew on his sandwich as the screen shined brightly in front of him. He took another chew as the grade he had received on the presentation stared back at him.

‘62% D-‘

He swallowed slowly and felt his eyes swell up in tears as reality sunk in. He had failed. A ‘D’ was unacceptable in University. That meant that not only did they fail the class, the field trip that they were all looking forward to was officially not going to happen for them. The professor made it very clear that those that failed would not be allowed to go.

All of their hard work had been for nothing. Those sleepless nights and days spent staring at a screen didn’t mean anything now.

The group chat was blowing up with everyone asking ‘why?’ they had worked so hard, it was impossible for this to be true.

Kyungsoo wiped at his eyes and picked up the phone. There was only one person he wanted to call. He couldn’t explain why, but he felt that this person was the only one that could comfort him now.

He clicked his name from Kakao and waited as it rang.

“Kyungsoo?”

“Baekhyun?”

There was a sniffle from the other side. The latter must be crying as well. “I was about to call you.”

“I don’t know what to say.” Kyungsoo said.

“I don’t either.”

It was silent for a bit. Until Kyungsoo spoke up, “Is it ok if I come over?”

“Yes, please do.” Baekhyun answered. “I’m here at the dorm. Jongdae is in class.”

Kyungsoo agreed and hung up. He grabbed his backpack from the bed and swallowed the rest of his sandwich. He made his way out the door and towards the bus to take him to campus. He got there quickly, or at least to him it seemed quickly. He was thinking too much about the grade and didn’t focus at all on the way there.

He ran into the dormitories and knocked once he got to Baekhyun’s. The latter opened the door and practically grabbed him into a hug. The door shut behind him and Kyungsoo hugged him back.

Baekhyun sighed as he parted from him and sent him a small smile.

Kyungsoo released a small exhale. “How are you doing?”

“I’ve been better.”

Baekhyun held his hand and they both walked into Baekhyun’s room. They sat on the bed in silence, neither of them knew what to say. They were both upset, but at least they had each other. Sitting like this, with their fingers intertwined together made them feel a little calmer.

“I just can’t believe it.” Baekhyun said as he broke the silence.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “We worked so hard. I don’t understand how we did so awful.”

Baekhyun sighed, “We have to retake the class.”

“I can’t.”

Baekhyun looked up at him.

“If I fail a class, then they take away my grant. I can’t afford to come back to school next semester.”

Baekhyun’s mouth dropped slowly as his eyes looked over Kyungsoo. The latter had his head down as he bit his bottom lip.

“I can’t take out another loan. I already took one out to pay for Yonsei for a semester. I’m gonna have to work to save up money.”

“I had no idea…”

Kyungsoo scoffed, “Of course you didn’t.” He looked up with a broken smile on his lips. “You’re going to go to Monalet and Solaris without me next semester.” His voice broke as he said it. Why did it hurt so bad to think that Baekhyun would go see the ruins without him? It’s not like he had lost his chance completely. He could go on his own when he passed the class, whenever that would be. But he had officially lost his chance to go with Baekhyun and see it. And for some reason…that stung more than never going at all.

Baekhyun hugged him tightly as he felt his own heart hurt. He wanted nothing more than to see Solaris and Monalet together with Kyungsoo. His eyes watered as he thought of going without him. Why did it hurt so bad?

“I’ll see the ruins with you.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “It’s too expensive to go. The only way is through this field trip.”

Baekhyun swallowed as he parted and stared into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “I will go with you Kyungsoo. I don’t want to go if it’s not with you.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in surprised. Baekhyun suddenly realized what he had just said and let him go slowly. Why had he just said that?

“You—mean that?” Kyungsoo asked.

Baekhyun knew…that for some strange unknown reason…he did.

“I want to go with you too.”

Baekhyun felt as though something was pushing him to lean forward. Kyungsoo felt the same gravitational pull and it was making him lean into Baekhyun. This felt so…familiar. This had happened before. Perhaps in a dream…but they were positive it had happene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter