Chapter 12 — Season 2 —

Through the Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
— SEASON 2 —

 

                 “What are you doing in my bed?” said a voice coming from the shadow. It was the voice of a male, albeit a bit boyish, tinged with irritation. The boy stepped forward and his face became clear in the midst of all the shadows. It was a boy of around eighteen with wide, broad shoulders and a thin waist. One arm was extended to the top of his head, where a white towel was draped over his wet hair. He wore a white t-shirt and a pair of slouchy black pants and he had a thin, angular face that ended with a set jaw. Through the curtain of brown hair his eyes were looking straight at Winter with an accusing look. He had eyes shaped like a cat’s. Cat’s.

 

              Instantly Winter was brought back to the dim room where she was ‘kidnapped’. She could almost feel the strong arm wrapped around her again. Cat eyes. Chicken boy, her brain clicked. Winter’s eyes widened as she stared at his familiar face, her hands dropping to her side in response. “Y-you; chicken; Fantagio—“ she blustered in bewilderment as the memories pieced together in her head.

 

            As if her words had formed a whole puzzle, the boy’s face lit as well. He pointed a finger at her, his eyes wide. “You’re the Chicken-Runaway-Girl!” he exclaimed, and then as the memories settled in, his face twisted in anger and amazement. “You—what are you doing on my bed?”

 

              “This isn’t your bed, it’s mine!” Winter retorted, remembering why she was here in the first place.

 

            “Oh yeah? Then would you care to explain why you were fiddling with my clothes when I saw you?”

 

            “I wasn’t fiddling with your clothes! I was—“ she looked down at where her hands were placed. To her surprise, her fingers touched the soft cotton of a grey hoodie draped on the bed. She took her hands off it in surprise. Was that what I was smelling? she thought disgustedly. “I thought that was your duvet; It was unintentional—“ she broke off seeing his expression on her. It was one that had no mirth or joke in it, he looked really angry. This was a serious issue.

 

              She gulped. “Look, I didn’t trespass or break into your house or anything. I’m a new background dancer signed under Fantagio Music and they gave me this apartment saying that it was obligatory for me to live in it for the three months while I’m training there. Look, I came in with this key!” She dangled the silver key in the air anxiously, willing him to believe her. He can’t kick me out of his house, Winter thought desperately, I won’t have a place to live.

 

               “Who gave you this key?”

 

            “Mr Yoon, he is the Head of the Talent Acquisitions Office,” Winter said without preamble.

 

              “Mr Yoon?”

 

              “Y-yes. He gave it to me after the previous owner, Hye Rim, threw it on his desk. He said that she had lived alone, and hence I wouldn’t have a roommate once I agreed to live

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter