Promotions and hostility

A Life Worth Living

 

Secretary’s room the same day…

 

Junho frowned slightly as he squeezed past two taller men who were too busy bickering about something to notice him. Grimacing at their behaviour he walked past them towards the company secretary…well at least the ‘substitute’ secretary.

‘Hyukkie hyung, what are you doing here? Where’s Teukie hyung?’ Junho asked with a raised eyebrow at the mess on the usually organised white table. The said person just stopped searching among the mess of papers for something and looked up at Junho blinking owlishly.

‘Uhhh…apparently Teukie hyung’s been transferred to SM…he’s gonna be on the board soon. President Ok thought it would be a waste of hyung’s brain to just work as a secretary here. So now our hyung is the new head of the SM branch!’ Hyukjae explained proudly. Junho smiled widely at that, giving off his rare warm eye smiles.

‘Don’t tell me you’re the secretary now ‘cause then this branch is doomed!’ He joked. Usually a serious person he let off his guard only among his closest and most trusted friends like now.

‘No no I wouldn’t dare think what would happen to the company if I were secretary! No Danny hyung is gonna be the new secretary, but again the old man’s late! Jeez he asked me to cover for him, but I think I already lost an important project file!’ Hyukjae whined again looking at the mess that he had created earlier.

‘Danny hyung?! Wow so all we need to do is bring in Sangchu hyung and Minho to reunite our sports team from high school!’ Junho said surprised.

‘Oh yeah that’s actually quite true! Junho why don’t you be yourself in front of the others as well?! All my friends, the rest of Super Junior think you’re a cold prick, they have no idea why I even hang out with you!’ Hyukkie complained pouting slightly.

‘That’s not true hyung! I mean I hang out with Teukie hyung and…Jjong ah!’

‘Well that’s ‘cause everyone likes Teukie hyung and he adores you! Jjong and Chansung are your best friends so of course you’re gonna hang out with ‘em. Jeez man!’

‘Anyway hyung why did you call me here?’ Junho asked changing the subject. Face hardened and closed off. Hyukjae sighed releasing that there was no point arguing any more. Although he had known Junho since high school he still didn’t know enough about him, the only ones that did were his two best friends. The three were extremely protective of each other; it was almost as if they were brothers.

‘Fine. Congragulations Lee Junho, you have been promoted again. You will now be the manager of the 20th floor.’ Hyukjae said smiling widely, handing over a few documents and hugging the shocked Junho. ‘Just two more to this floor and then you can push Danny hyung out of the way and take over this place!’

Junho stood in the same position unmoving. He was shocked after all it was very rare for someone his age to get a promotion like this! People had to work for years to get one yet he’s had several within just months of joining the company.

A shrill ringing shook him out of his stupor. ‘Oh ! Its Heechul hyung! Damn it! Where is Danny hyung?!’ Hyukjae grumbled. Junho just smirked as he left the little monkey to his own idiotic deeds.

 

Meanwhile at the same time by the 12th floor….

 

The 12th floor bustled with people scurrying to get their large number of paper work done. This was the floor that managed paperwork from the higher floors for the lower ones to act one, and those from the lower floors for the higher floors to process. Hence the large number of people running around more than sitting, the machines especially the printers and photocopiers bleeping communicating in their own language.

Taecyeon and Nichkhun sighed at the scene before stepping out of the lift, and proceeded to find their way through the human maze to find their own friend. Said friend sat in a cubicle typing away slowly with a banana on one hand.

The young man was a tall lean looking man with reddish cropped hair. He looked bored, as he skimmed through the pages on a file beside his keyboard while at the same time checking his monitor. He looked as two large shadows blocked the overhead light, face brightening at the owners of the shadows.

‘Taec hyung! Khun hyung! What are you guys doing here? We never meet at work!’ The younger asked surprised. Instead of offering him an answer the other two just hauled him off his feet and took off with him towards the elevator.

‘You will be having a break now.’ Was all Khun offered as an explanation.

 

2 mins later…outside the company building…near the parking lots...

 

‘Ahhhh….so that’s the hare-brained idea that Taecyeon hyung came up with huh?’ The younger one asked before setting off a loud set of guffaws.  Whereas Nichkhun looked amused at his reaction, a smile creeping up on his own face when he thought about the situation, Taecyeon just looked annoyed, his hands itching to show some love to the younger’s head.

‘Yah! You’re supposed to help me out here! Why don’t you take the position?! You’re family!’

‘Jeez hyung…I love you as my older cousin and all but no thanks…I’m good. I’m only working in the company long enough to save up enough to open my own restaurant and you know that. Besides come on hyung! I’m on the 12th floor, that’s all I got brains for nothing more! How the hell do you expect me to be in charge of an entire damn company?!’ The younger vented out as the other two just stared surprised. ‘Are you out of your mind hyung?!’ He added using this chance as the only time to be able to insult his hyung without insulting and not getting beat up for it.

Like a sense of déjà vu and again there was silence. Both Taecyeon and Nichkhun sighed. Taecyeon tiredly rubbing his face and crouching leaning back on a random parked car. ‘.’

‘Well that’s one way to put it.’ Nichkhun said looking at the ground. ‘Chansung – ah do you know someone named Lee Junho?’ He asked the younger remembering the name plate he had glanced at earlier. He had not seen the face of the man but he felt that there must have been a good reason for him to go to the main secretary’s office. If they had to start with someone elgible they might as well start here.

Junho?! How do they know about him?! what do I do?! I can’t tell them about Junho! If they get him into some sort of trouble…damn it no way! As much as I care for them as my brothers, Junho’s my best bud there is no way in hell I’m getting him into trouble. Chansung thought before shrugging, putting on his best poker face.

Nichkhun frowned at the action as if he was expecting a different answer. Sighing he pulled Taecyeon up to his feet and dragged the younger two towards the building. ‘Let’s go we’ll meet up at our place tonight. We can discuss everything there. No one can know about this but us.’

 

6 pm…at 2pm apartments….

 

Tiredly Junho unlocked the door to his small apartment that he shared with his brother, although at most times it was as though he lived by himself. Neither of them stayed at the place together. If by accident they did it usually ended up a mess, bloodied faces and bruised knuckles were a given.

Sighing he walked into the kitchen as he took of his coat and began untying his tie. Too tired to cook he opened the fridge to see if there was any leftover food from last night, but there was none. Cursing his luck as his stomach rumbled in protest he turned away from the fridge and stared at the cold stove.

Before he could decide on what to cook the doorbell rang startling him. Wondering who it could be as none of his friends ever came around to the house. He trudged towards the door and opened it slightly to see a delivery man.

‘Pizza delivery sir.’ The man smiled warmly. Junho opened the door wider frowning.

‘Sorry but I didn’t order anything.’

‘Well sir this was the address given for the delivery and it has already been prepaid sir. Please sir I have another delivery to make so if you please.’ The man said before placing the pizza in his hands and leaving.

Stunned Junho closed the door behind him and carried the pizza to the kitchen. His stomach grumbled angrily as he took in the fresh smell of just cooked pizza.

‘Must have been one of the neighbours. Oh well I’ll just pay them later.’ He said before opening the box.

 

Approximately 10 mins earlier….

 

Chansung had gotten off earlier today for a special reason. He didn’t want to walk together with Junho like usual afraid that his hyungs might see them. Scratching his head he slouched by the door of the back exist of the comfy new cafe where his other best friend was working.

He would have asked the other about advice regarding his dilemma but this one hated his other best friend. Man was his friendship messed up! He stood up straighter as the back door opened and a smaller yet older boy came out smiling at him slightly. He ran his fingers through his light colored hair as he spoke into the phone.

‘Hello, yes if you could deliver the pizza to the apartment in about 10 mins it would be great thank you….Could you put it on my account?...Yes thank you. Bye.’ He ended the call as he fist bumped his best friend.

‘Yah Udongie! Why did you ask the pizza to be delivered to your apartment? You just started work right?’

Udongie also known by his usual name as Wooyoung hesitated for a bit before putting on his poker face. ‘I’ll eat later. Come on lets go.’

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main pic for this chappie...thats how I imagine for Junho to look for this fic k? ^_^

Thank you very much for reading, subscribing and commenting!!!!

Thank you OkNuneo-shi for subscribing and commenting! I feel honored ^_^

Please do comment or subscribe it really makes my day!! Enjoy everyone!!! :)