Familiarity

A Life Worth Living

 

A soft click sounded loud in the medium sized dark and empty living room. Mind still reeling from all the information that he just heard Junho slowly pushed the door open. Placing his shows by the shoe rack he noticed that his brother was home. Even though he was half-awake in reality he was sensible enough to be quiet enough to avoid his brother. It has been three years since they had confronted each other; neither wanted to confront the other either.

Sighing he tiredly rubbed his eyes with the heel of his palm; hooking his jacket in the closet by the hallway he moved into the kitchen and saw a forgotten cup of milk. Not thinking too much about it Junho began to drink the strangely still warm milk, feeling his muscles relax as the warm milk bled down his parched throat. He did not notice that the microwave was still on or the slight figure of his brother observing him from the protective shadows by his bedroom.

Frowning Wooyoung crept just as ninja-like back into his room and closed the door silently. Lying on his bed, eyes wide open he remembered what Chansung had told him about his brother’s promotion, however he did not understand why Junho would look so worn out if it was just a simple promotion. Gritting his teeth angrily he reminded himself that he did not care about Junho, his mind conveniently leaving out the part when he had heated some milk minutes before Junho arrived.

As Wooyoung finally let the sleep and darkness consume his mind, Junho’s tired mind did not register anything out of the ordinary. Instead he leaned by the small unwanted and unused dining table and tried to think of something rational. Coming up with nothing but a jumbled he groaned as he let his head drop. Finally paying attention to his aching muscles he dragged himself to his bedroom, opting to think about everything early in the morning with a clear head. Right now the most pressing matter for him was his lack of sleep.

 

The next morning…9am…

 

Junho walked as he possibly could to Inorae Café, usually he woke up around 7am however the overworking finally took a toll on his tired body and he had overslept. It was a good thing it was the weekend, if not for the fact that he had messaged both Jonghyun and Chansung to meet him at 9.30 he wouldn’t be hurrying so much.

Running into the café he failed to notice a customer exiting with his hot cup of coffee and slammed into him, causing for the other to drop his coffee onto the shorter male who winced as his thin shirt quenched up the hot liquid burning his sensitive skin. The taller of the two immediately began apologising just as Junho started to, their eyes met as the two looked up and both started to grin as they both seemed to meet the same way.

‘Junho yah! Seems like we’re fated huh?’ Taecyeon said laughing, whereas the smile fell off Junho’s face as he acquired a distant look, ‘You’re cute! Seems like we’re fated huh?’

‘Junho? Junho?’ Taecyeon shook the shorter male slightly to bring him back to reality and away from his memories, ‘Hey did I say anything wrong?’

‘Huh? Oh no hyung everything’s fine.’ Junho smiled again slightly to assure the older man that indeed he was okay and was not offended, triggering a grin from the other.

‘Well alright then! Come on let me buy you that coffee that I promised you the last time!’ Taecyeon said jovially as he dragged the protesting younger to the corner seats in the café. Meanwhile the staffs eyed the whole incident, judging the goofy giant silently.

Especially one Jo Kwon who immediately pushed Jinwoon out of the way in order to assess the giant and his personality. Out of the others he was the most protective of Junho having known the younger since school.

‘Yes?’ He snapped in a divaish manner eliciting a raised eyebrow from Taecyeon.

‘Uhhh I would like two Latte Maciatos please.’

‘Hmm!’ Kwon upturned his nose as he walked off to deliver the order to Changmin who was also eyeing Taecyeon strangely. Soon he brought forth two steaming cups of hot coffee including a freshly baked blueberry muffin, stating crisply that it was only for his baby Junho.

Still confused over the usually friendly baristas’ sudden change of behaviour Taecyeon brought the items to the table where an adorably fidgeting Junho sat. ‘They seem to be quite protective of you.’

‘Huh? Uh yeah we’ve been to school together. They tend to do that a lot, sorry.’ Junho apologised for his friends’ behaviour, which Taecyeon brushed with a grin.

‘So tell me about yourself.’ Taecyeon began again displaying his Cheshire grin. Although guarded Junho soon found himself comfortable in the older man’s presence, he felt the situation to be very familiar and yet couldn’t remember. Without either of them realising they had spent quite some time with each other, genuinely enjoying each other’s presence.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys sorry I took forever to update but if you guys didn't know basically my usb that i had stored my stories got stolen and i had been moping around for a while before finally re-writing the chapter. However guess what??? My internet decided to be a stupid b&*ch and is not letting me update the whole chapter so you guys have to do this with this sorry, I'll update the rest as another chapter :(

Anyways first massive thanks to all subscribers and commenters cause you hv no idea how much support u've been giving me silently, and thank you very much for sticking by me and this story.

And I defo have to mention this person, my chingu <3 hottestIam the girl really cared a lot for me that she went stalkerish mode lol but I really really appreciate it!! Thanks babe I'm dedicating this whole fic to you!! <3 Check the foreword :p

So adios people and keep the love coming!! ;)