The Brother And The Best Friend

A Life Worth Living

 

Baby there’s no, no tomorrow

geuttae geudaero, nan meomchwo itgo

majimak geu sungane meomun shigan

neo egen, geujeo jinan nal ijiman

A sweet voice sang in the living room of a well-furnished large mansion. The owner of said voice was currently attending to the carpet; in the other words he was vacuuming the floor. Headphones plugged in he kept singing not minding the surrounding. Hence why he was not aware of his older brother arrive with his best friend and stand by the doorway of the living room. Leaning against the door sill the two watched on amused and amazed at the younger as his powerful voice sung out the high notes.

It was only when the song ended that he looked up to find his brother staring at him. Turning off the vacuum and removing his headphones he smiled up at his brother. ‘Hyung! You look depressed…did you do something stupid again?’

‘Yah Jonghyun-ah! Show some respect!’ Taecyeon fake glared at him. In all honesty he loved his baby brother, apart from his best friend and racing he was the only other good thing in his life. If not for his brother he wouldn’t be rebelling as much; his brother who had so much more courage to pursue what he wanted even to the extent of changing his family name.

‘How come you’re here Jongie-ah?’ Nichkhun asked as he lightly hugged the younger.

‘Well I knew dad would come home late and I heard from certain sources about some idiotic bet so…basically I just came to laugh at hyung and then I’ll go back to my place. After all I am disowned and am not welcome here right?’ He joked although there was a hint of sadness.

Taecyeon bit his lower lip hard thinking about how he was unable to stop his younger brother from moving out when he was just 17 and how he was unable to stop his father from disowning the younger guy. He was a bad brother and a worse son. He was startled out of his thoughts as he felt a pair of strong arms encircle his waist.

‘Hyung stop getting depressive on me man! Hey hyung, I’m gonna be recording a single with Junsu hyung soon you will come to the recording right?’ Jonghyun asked softly. Taecyeon turned around as he smiled softly showing his affirmative.

Nichkhun stood at a small distance watching the two brothers with affection. The two seemed to be completely different people in each other’s company. Pulling away from Taecyeon’s embrace Jonghyun excused himself to the toilet. At the same time Nichkhun’s phone rang, looking at the caller id he smiled as he answered the phone moving towards the corridor as he spoke to his long-time girlfriend.

Taecyeon sighed as he sat by himself in the large living room.

Ring ding dong…ring ding dong….

A phone rang. It was Jonghyun’s he had left it on the small glass coffee table before he left. Taecyeon squinted as he looked at the caller id. It read ‘Nuneo’. Shrugging he decided to answer the phone.

‘Hello.’

‘Um hello, is this Kim Jonghyun’s phone?’ A soft masculine voice sounded doubtful on the other side.

‘Ah yes it is sorry, I’m his big brother. He’s in the toilet…oh! Hold on second here he is.’ Taecyeon said as Jonghyun emerged around the corner. He held out the mobile towards his brother.

‘Oh Nunie! Whats up my man?’ Jonghyun asked loudly, clearly excited. Taecyeon just shook his head at the kid’s energy.

‘Now? Sure no probs…nah its ok man I’ll just get our bro Chansung…yeah lets meet at our usual place…alright…see you later man.’ He ended the call. Turning back to his brother he grinned as he said his goodbyes quickly before running out the mansion.

 

7 pm ….2pm apartments….

 

Junho sat on his couch lazily flicking through the tv channels. He was bored out of his mind. Usually Chansung would come over and they would go to the dance studio down the street and play around for a bit, but it was as though Chansung was avoiding him all day today.

Frowning he looked through his contacts and brightened as he found the one he was looking for. Pressing the call button he held the phone up to his left ear. The phone rang a couple times before it was answered by deep baritone voice that he was not expecting, ‘Hello,’

Confused and suspicious Junho answered, ‘Um hello, is this Kim Jonghyun’s phone?’

‘Ah yes it is sorry, I’m his big brother. He’s in the toilet..oh! Hold on a second here he is.’ The voice said quickly. Junho didn’t know why but the voice was familiar to him; he had known that Jonghyun had a big brother but he had never spoken to him. However now here was the voice that he was hearing that brought familiar warmth that he had forgotten for a long time and right now for the life of him could not recall.

‘Oh Nunie!’ The excited voice on the other end surprised him. Smiling he greeted the other back.

‘Yah Jjong ah! You free? Yeah awesome he lets go over to our place…great! Could you get Channie as well, he’s not answering the phone…alright lets meet in half k? See ya!’ Junho grinned into the phone before hurriedly changing into his casual clothes. Taking off his glasses he carefully put on his contact lens and left the room.

Just as he was going to leave his flat he ran back inside and got the 4 large pizza slices that he had left. Placing it on a plate he left it in the microwave. Filling the kettle with water he took out his brother’s coffee cup and placed it beside the kettle. As much he pretended to hate his slightly older brother he did care about him, too bad his brother hated his guts to even want to look at him.

7.30….Sunset Dance Studio….

 

Junho had come 15 mins earlier than what he had agreed with Jonghyun simply because he wanted to have a good work out. Now with sweat dripping down his temple he kept dancing letting his body move to the rhythm with no particular choreography. As a kid he had wanted to become somewhat of a kpop star, a choreographer at the least but fate had decided that was not his life.

‘Babyyyyyyy~~~’ A thick honey voice sang as Jonghyun came through the door way, not at all surprised to see Junho early.

‘Baby I’m your maaa~~~aan’ Junho sang back grining. The two high fived each other before pulling each other into a one armed hug.

‘Chanana can’t make it. He’s with Wooyoung.’

‘Ah Wooyoung…’ Junho’s face fell with the news. Jonghyun sighed before he nudged his best friend’s shoulder,

‘Yah! Stop lookin’ so glum! He knew your brother before you so of course he’s gonna hang with him, doesn’t mean he cares any less about you. You know we got your back!’ Jonghyun said loudly. Junho grinned widely giving off his much loved and precious eye smile.

‘Yeah, I know you got my back.’ He said softly. ‘Yah Jjong-ah, how long you stayin’ this time?’

‘Don’t know bro but at least a couple of months. I got plenty of time to hang.’

‘Mmm.’ Was Junho said before he slid to the floor, Jonghyun dropping himself next to him. ‘Ya know I’ve been promoted again…to the 20th floor.’

‘Wa?! You for real man?! Awesome! Then wait what the hell are we doing here?! Let’s go celebrate you !’ Jonghyun shouted surprised.

‘Yah! Calm down will ya! We can go later. I just wanna chill right now. Anything on your side Jjong?’ Junho asked looking at him.

‘Nothing much but there is a rumour that I’ll be debuting with Shinee soon. Ah jeez I don’t know though man. I wanna go solo…’

‘You know who’s gonna be in Shinee?’

‘Not sure yet but Key and Minho might be in it.’

‘Minho?! I swear he said he wanted to go into sports! What’s he doing there?’

‘Like hell if I know. Never seen him around. Rumour has it he works in the modelling area, makes sense though.’

 

10 pm…streets leading to 2pm apartments…

 

Wooyoung and Chansung walked side by side towards Wooyoung’s shared apartment. Neither spoke a word and yet the silence surrounding them was comfortable. Wisps of smoke formed as their warm breath met the cold air.

‘So you know Junho’s been promoted again.’ Chansung started slowly. He knew that it was quite a sore subject and yet he felt the need to. Wooyoung kept silent, staring into nothingness as they continued walking.

‘He’s been made head of the 20th floor. You know that’s pretty big cause now he onl--’

‘Shut up Chansung. I don’t need to know what or how he’s doing. He means nothing to me.’ Wooyoung said in a steely voice, strange as it was no emotions underlined his words.

‘But Udongie! He’s your brother! He--’

‘He is NOT my brother. My name is Jang Wooyoung, he is LEE F^&*ING JUNHO!! All he is, is a mistake! My father’s bastard son!’ Wooyoung exploded angrily.

Chansung kept quiet for a while before he felt the need to defend his other best friend, ‘He’s not the only bastard son though Wooyoung.’ He said softly but Wooyoung heard.

Glancing back at him before he entered the apartment building Wooyoung said in a stern voice that left no room for arguments, ‘Just drop it Hwang Chansung. Drop it before I say something that I will regret.’

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Thanks for reading everyone! And thank you very much for commenting and subscribing as well :)

Thank you thelemle - aww thank you very much you boosted my confidence in this story! Please comment more ^_^

OkNuneo-shi - oh really i'm glad cause I really wanted that sort of reaction lol :) Comment more please and update soon I'm still waiting for ya *_*

lurvejunho - basically its not much of spoiler but wooho aren't gonna have a major fight until a bit later until then its gonna be cold war lol! Please keep commenting ^_^

dellajoe - thank uuuu!!! I shall update whenever I can, the next chapter proly by next week cause I do have to get studying...again...(damn my life!)

 

So anyway thank you very much to everyone for encouraging me to continue with this story and please motivate me further by commenting! Comments make my sad life happy...I know I'm sad...please don't comment on that .... ;(

 

Ciao <3