009

The Perfect Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He couldn’t exactly remember the last day that they had been intimate with each other. Every morning, Chaerin would step out of the house to go to her academy before Baekhyun left for his office, and there was nothing more than a hasty peck on his lips after she finished the cereal he would make for her.

Evenings were all about her watching tv at home or planning some new moves for her next performance, and Baekhyun was in the office till late night, working his fingers to the bone, in order to exceed targets since only the best employees of the division got a satisfying Christmas bonus.

He needed in to buy that ring.

The diamond ring she once liked in a department store, but he couldn’t afford.

That’s how his bonus for three years were being saved separately, because he wanted their proposal ring to be something special.

Something that would show Chaerin how much she meant to her.

So at the end of a very long day, he would drag his feet back to their not-so-luxurious apartment, to find her ordering food because she was too tired to cook, (It’s alright…dancing requires lots of physical energy), and they would just have the ordered dinner and go to sleep.

No so much as sitting together and talking about each other’s day.

Not to mention how she hadn’t even held him or snuggled closer even in her sleep.

It was always him, who would wake up in the dead of the night and pull her into his arms.

And Baekhyun was doing a great job, at ignoring the doubts he was getting about the worst that could happen. He was doing his best to not think that he wasn’t enough for her now.

Until that evening he returned from work with that pink diamond ring.

A bouquet of roses for added value, and a bright smile which she often called ‘cute’.

 

Baekhyun heard a very familiar voice seconds before he unlocked the door.

One of the many days per month that Kyungsoo visited them for dinner because he was bored to death being alone at his place.

He walked in, expecting the usual arrogant smirk from his cousin, but instead, it was the younger male’s round eyes staring back at him from their living room couch, widened to the maximum with terror.

His coat thrown to the floor along with his tie, crisp white office shirt ed halfway.

With Chaerin standing a few feet away from him, turned away so her messy wet hair covered her face.

Struggling to keep in place her untied bath robe.

Baekhyun would have thrown up on the spot if he had anything left in his stomach, (nothing there, because he was too busy at work to have lunch or coffee), with the sudden nausea that swept over him.

It wasn’t disgust.

It was the panic of suddenly witnessing his worlds crash down.

“Chaerin,” his voice cracked, almost unrecognizable to himself. “It’s not what I think it is…tell me it isn’t.”

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo stood up, causing a strip of woolen fabric fall off his lap.

The belt of her bath robe.

“You keep quiet.” Baekhyun growled under his breath. “I have nothing to hear from you.”

Finally, Chaerin sighed, pushing the unkempt hair to one side and holding the robe with her free hand. “Isn’t it about time you realize oppa?”

“Realize…realize what-”

“We weren’t getting along recently, were we?”

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun retorted, dropping his office bag and the bouquet in his hands without realizing. “Did we fight? We never fought Chaerin-ah…not even a single argument!”

“Did you think not fighting with me was enough oppa?” she asked, her face quite calm as if she was reminding him some universal truths. “Just…this can happen to anyone… not only you and me oppa, at one moment, every couple gets fed up with each other and let themselves have their way. Like… I thought you’d noticed that I’m not interested anymore! Were you that clueless?”

“What wasn’t enough?” he asked, his voice coming out in pants now, as it was becoming hard to breathe inside the house as if there was a lack of oxygen. “What w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter