004

The Perfect Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Talk about waking up with headaches.

He’s the one who drank, so why am I getting the headaches?

 

Yoon sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes.

Where did he sleep last night?

 

She could only remember him telling her to go to bed, and he continued to finish the bottle of wine. And when she looked around the room, the only sign of him was an extra pillow on the armchair, and the sweater he wore thrown over it.

Yoon looked at the bathroom door.

It was wide open, giving no sign of Baekhyun taking a shower.

Yoon decided to go downstairs.

 

“And then, Yoon decided the Chinese embassodor’s son is her crush, and declared that she’ll be marrying him when she grows up!”

Hearing her dad’s voice from the dining room, the girl turned red in embarrassment.

The next voice was her mom’s.

“She even made cards for him every single day. ‘To my dearest Yifan’… ‘To the most handsome boy in the whole world’… and she even drew a wedding invitation herself!”

“When she was just eight years old?” there came Baekhyun’s voice, touch with a chuckle.

“Yeah…she was barely eight and Yifan was around ten or eleven. The ambassador and his family lived next door, that’s why she was all over him.”

 

“This won’t do.” Yoon mumbled to herself anf ran down to the dining room. “Good morning! Omma, appa…and Baekhyun-ssi.”

All three of them turned to beam at the girl.

Especially his smile, it was warm, and cheerful than ever.

“Was hearing about your childhood crush.” Baekhyun explained. “I heard that he’s quite tall now. So is your ideal type a tall guy?”

“Omma!” Yoon hissed at her mom, turning redder at his question. “It’s…not like that Baekhyun-ssi… he’s just my friend when I was little!”

“You can’t sit to the breakfast table like that young lady.” Her mom commented with a smirk. That’s when Yoon realized herself standing right in front of Baekhyun in just her nightdress, and she ran back upstairs, leaving the three to laugh again.

 

 

It was after lunch, when they finally got to leave her parent’s place. That too, happened because Baekhyun received a call from the head office, asking his opinion on an executive director switch in two divisions in the HQ.

Yoon looked at him for the nth time during the drive.

“What is it? Tell me Yoon.”

He asked casually, without taking his eyes off the road.

“Um…nothing.”

“Wanna stay home for longer?”

“Uh, no Baekhyun-ssi.”

“Then…wanna go somewhere? Shopping maybe? I’ll make some time for you after the meeting.”

“No it’s okay. I’m not the kind to go shopping often.”

“Then…what else do girls like…ice cream? Fried chicken? Or cosmetics?”

 

Is he putting up some act or doesn’t he remember at all?

 

Yoon decided to inspect his face for a bit longer.

“Maybe a movie then? You can choose whatever you like. Any genre. Even if it’s a cheesy romance movie I’ll join.”

“Do you always black out after drinking Baekhyun-ssi?”

The carefree smile on his face disappeared right after hearing her question.

“Don’t you remember anything you say…or do after getting drunk?”

He pursed his lips, and took his time before giving an answer.

 

“People drink in order to forget problems Yoon. So it’s obvious that anyone doesn’t stay sane after getting drunk.”

“So you don’t remember anything from last night?”

He stepped on the brakes so hard, that both of them jerked forward with the force and the two or three vehicles stopped as well and started honking furiously.

Regaining his composure in seconds, he pulled over the car to the edge of the street. And he turned to face her, disbelief and doubt written all over his expressions.

“What did I do?”

You gave me heaps of compliments and said something about being cheated…

And kissed me.

But how am I supposed to directly say it just like that?

 

“I… I didn’t take any rash movements. Did I?”

“You promised me to go and see the doctor with me.”

“What doctor?”

“Doctor Shim of course!”

“Stop kidding.” He sighed and turned himself away from her. “I was just worried thinking I did anything inappropriate to you and you’re talking nonsense…”

“Since when is a patient seeing his doctor considered as nonsense Byun Baekhyun-ssi?” Yoon raised her voice, finally losing her cool. “And what was that..? ‘Anything inappropriate’? So basically you and me having some physical contact is inappropriate? First tell me what I am to you! Aren’t I your wife? Why did you marry me if you’re just going to freak out everyday thinking I’ll get closer to you???”

Baekhyun turned to face again, his face turned darker, no sign of his usual gentleness to be seen, and clearly showing he’s angry for the first time ever.

“Let me make one thing clear to you, Lee Yoon.” He voice had turned dangerously low. “We didn’t get married to play house and be that lovey dovey couple you’ve probably seen on dramas or movies. You might want that but I, do not anyone to cross the line and enter my personal space. Both mentally and physically that is. And just in case you have forgotten, this is all about business. As long as you’re company doesn’t go bankrupt again, and as long as my business gains profit from being related to the Lee’s household, you and I don’t have any say in it. We both chose this ourselves, so let’s live our own lives separately. Without being nosy about each other.”

Yoon was speechless. Baekhyun had started up the car right away, and taken a U-turn, but it took the girl a while to notice that they were heading the opposite way. “Where are we going?” she asked, trying her best to not show the tremble in her voice.

“To your parents’.” He muttered.

“What now?”

“Stay there for a few days. Until you think hard about what I just said and make up your mind to live minding your own business.”

“How could you just… without even asking me…” Yoon was too enraged even to come up with words to speak. “You decide where I have to stay and I have to obey it just like that?”

“You shouldn’t have started acting like the exemplary wife. I’ve just given you everything you want, and you can live without lacking anything! And you still chose to interfere with my personal matters.”

“What are you gonna tell omma and appa?”

“That a sudden business trip has been arranged.” Baekhyun muttered, which slightly sounded half-hearted, as if he knew he wasn’t acting the most pleasant way and being himself. “Once you make up your mind to not to interfere in my business anymore, I’ll come back for you.”

 

“Don’t make me regret Baekhyun.” Yoon muttered after a long silence. “The moment you said ‘I do’ on our wedding day and accepted me as your wife, I decided to let my feelings build up for you. Don’t make me regret my decision.”

“It’s not my fault. I never told you to have feelings for me.”

 

 

Once the car entered the porch of the house and stopped, Yoon got off and ran straight into the house. Too furious to even stop and answer when her dad questioned her about the returning, she stormed straight upstairs, to lock herself up in her room.

“What happened?” Yoon’s mom also came hurrying to the living room. “What brings you two back Baekhyun-ah?”

Baekhyun entered the living room, and gave his parents-in-law a forced but endearing smile. “She’s just mad at me omonim. I got a call for a suddenly rescheduled trip to Taiwan. This conference was actually supposed to be held last month it got postponed. I told her to stay here until I return because she’d be alone at our place.”

“This girl.” Yoon’s dad smiled to himself. “She’s always been like that. It was the same when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter