008

The Perfect Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When are you planning to get off?”

“Why would I get off?”

Baekhyun gave in (again) with a sigh, and leaned back on the bay window cushions. Suppressing a victorious smile, Yoon leaned back more comfortably against his chest, and went on swiping on her tab. “It wouldn’t take this long if you help me choose some good sneakers you know? You’re the one who gave up halfway, so now stay put while I choose something good for a few hikes.”

Sitting on his library bay window, Baekhyun had been having quite a peaceful time until Minji had left the house, and Yoon had returned to him, whining about how Minji and Minseok were planning a hike for the weekend, and how badly she wanted to join. And he had agreed to join them with her, not exactly revealing how Minseok had become a great friend to him in quite a short span of time.

A hyung was one of the many things he lacked. And thanks to Yoon, he was getting the company of a brother as well.

And that’s how she ended up seated between his legs, surfing through online stores for a new pair of hiking sneakers.

“Yoon,”

A few minutes later, the girl felt his chin pressing on her shoulder, and his arms sneaked around her waist.

“Hmm?”

“How about stepping out for a drink?” he mumbled in her ear. “Dinner from Xuxi’s place. Hmm?”

“You think I don’t smell wine on you?” Yoon turned her head, and smirked at him. “Enough for today Baekhyun…or you’ll break your promise to Doctor Shim.”

“But… I’ve told you how omma often joins abhuji for drinks. Haven’t I? Having a drink with one’s wife is different from a drink with friends you know.”

“Of course I remember.” The girl brushed the tip of her nose against his. “But Mr Byun, you told me the same story yesterday and spent four hours in that favorite pub of yours. Already forgotten?”

“Still… Yoon-ah, I’ll be talking rubbish and yelling at the staff tomorrow for no reason if I don’t get enough sleep.” He was chewing furiously on his lips. “Just one glass with me. I mean, a few glasses. Hmm?”

Yoon placed the tablet PC aside and turned around to face him.

 

Excuses.

She knew where this was coming, as it had been for the past few days. His doctor had explained everything clearly to Yoon, regarding how he will be showing alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

The anxiety Doctor Shim had mentioned, was clearly written all over his face.

“Baekhyun,” the girl started his cheek with her thumb. “Do you have any idea about how fine you’re doing these days?”

He loosened the hold around her waist and showed her his hand. “It’s trembling. Can’t even hold my phone.”

“It’ll wear off sweetheart.” She took the hand and placed a kiss on his palm. “Once your medication starts showing progress, which will happen very soon, you won’t be fussing over alcohol any more.”

“But work…”

“You know what? I went through some old stuff at your parent’s place and found your high school books.”

His face darkened. “I must have doodled all kinds of nonsense there.”

“What doodles?” Yoon asked curiously.

“Never mind. You shouldn’t see them.”

He didn’t want her to see any little remain of his cliché first love which entirely had him ruined. “So what were you saying?”

“About your quizzes and math exercises.” Yoon gave him a proud smile. “It looked extremely outstanding Baekhyun. I mean, I was usually ranked within the top ten or so students in high school, but I don’t remember such performance from even the top student of our year.”

“Stop flattering.” He gave a smirk. “No matter how great I did back then, I screwed up big time soon after.”

“What I wanted to say was…” she took his arm, and placed it around her waist, as she felt where it belonged. “Such a brainy kid would never mess at work. You haven’t heard how highly your staff think of you. If you know the things they say, you’ll know just how great you are, as a boss.”

Baekhyun smiled, and ran a hand through her hair. “Trying to distract me, aren’t you?”

“Oops.” She feigned a meek grin. “Did I just get caught?”

“No you didn’t.” he smirked. “So please continue.”

“We gonna get sneakers for you too.” She twisted around again, leaning back comfortable against him and taking the tab. “You prefer NIKE don’t you?”

“Converse is okay too.” He leaned forward and nuzzled a kiss on her neck.

“Um…black?”

“Or grey.”

“Then we’ll go with grey… Baekhyun…you aren’t paying attention right now aren’t you?”

“Well I have better things to pay attention to.”

 

* * *

Day by day, he was getting used to the hard endeavors yoon was taking, in order to keep him distracted from alcohol, and to help him deal with the hard to control withdrawal symptoms. The anxiety was difficult to handle, which often made him return home from work, but Yoon was there, ready to go out on walks with him, and sometimes they would cycle through less crowded parks, or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter