010

The Perfect Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“First let’s go in.”

Yoon led the way into the house, knowing that Chaerin was following her. And when they stepped into the living room, it was empty, making Yoon assume that he would have locked himself up somewhere upstairs.

“Take a seat.” She mumbled before heading towards the staircase.

“How much of our past do yo know?”

Chaerin asked, sitting on the nearest armchair. “Has oppa told you how…um…close we were? I mean we were practically married-”

“I know enough.” Yoon turned around, to glare straight into the eyes that were staring at her with csution. “I know enough to despise you with my whole existence.”

 

Once she was upstairs, yoon turned the door knob of the master bedroom, which opened without hesitation.

And there he was, standing in the middle of the large room, hands hanging idly on his sides, and staring into midair, blankly.

“She’s downstairs.”

“Who took her in?” he turned to face her, with rage Yoon had never seen on him before.

“I did. It’s not like we can leave a pregnant woman standing on the streets when she’s here to meet you.”

“Who said I would talk to her?” Baekhyun asked back, his voice almost shaking. “I don’t have a single thing to tell her or hear from her, so send her away. This instant.”

“Who are you playing with Baekhyun?” Yoon asked, slowly starting to lose her cool. “The woman you used to live with is downstairs, carrying a baby, and you aren’t a kid who doesn’t understand what brings her here!”

“THAT CHILD IS NOT MINE!!!”

Yoon stared back in shock, seeing him being furious than ever.

“She’s here for my money! Both you and I know that Yoon!” He was still yelling, and his face was rapidly reddening with rage. “And that child is NOT mine, so she’s not getting a single cent from me. Tell her to get lost already!”

 

“What makes you so confident that this baby is not yours?”

Both Yoon and Baekhyun turned around at Chaerin’s voice from the doorway. “You should remember oppa. Well, there’s no way you would forget that night… early in the morning to be exact. It was after months we-”

“Stop spewing rubbish with that filthy mouth of yours.” Baekhyun growled back. “As If you didn’t sleep with that jerk countless times behind my back.”

“It’s the child’s mother who knows the exact truth. And would Kyungsoo let me go for a man who doesn’t love me if this is his child? He still loves me for your information.” Chaerin stated arrogantly, glaring back. And if you doubt me that much, we’ll do a paternity test once the baby is born. I’m due in two weeks for the caesarian.”

“What do you want? Did you think if I’m the child’s father, you’ll get to live with me?”

Yoon started walking towards the door, blinking away the tears that were blurring her vision.

She couldn’t bear to listen to their conversation anymore. Not when the images of him making love to her stared swimming in her head, hearing their arguments.

Not when she was forced to imagine Baekhyun being intimate with Chaerin, the way he did with her.

But her wrist was grabbed back in an iron-like grip, back within just a few footsteps

“Where are you going?” Baekhyun asked, his voice shaking with uncertainty. “You’re not going anywhere Yoon.”

“I’ll just leave you two to finish your discussion.” The girl brushed away the tears that were now falling down hopelessly. “There’s nothing I’d like to hear regarding this matter Baekhyun.”

“Choose an option.” Chaerin interrupted, leaning on the doorframe. “Either let me move in with you oppa, or give me enough alimony so I’ll go back to US.”

“Why would I?” Baekhyun dropped Yoon’s hand much to the girl’s horror, and walked up to Chaerin. And he grabbed her by the upper arm in fuming rage. “You’re leaving my house Na Chaerin. Right now.”

“Want me to hand over the happy news to media? That Byun Baekhyun is going to be a father soon?”

“No!” Yoon was the first to exclaim. “Wait- we can talk this-”

“Go ahead. Tell all the reporters you can find and tell them whatever rubbish you want.” Baekhyun snarled back. “But I don’t care. And you’re never getting your way with me.”

And he dragged Chaerin downstairs, and all the way out of the gates.

 

“Who do you think you are, to pop up out of nowhere and ruin me again like this?”

He asked through gritted teeth, once Chaerin was out of the gates and he had the cast iron gate locked between them. “Wasn’t it enough of what you’ve done already?”

“What about what you have done to me?” she asked back, leaning forward and gripping onto an iron bar of the gate. “For eight months I struggled to get by with a child, and I’m here because I can’t. Not anymore. Because you gave me this child.”

“Is that why Kyungsoo left you here? Because you two are so sure that the child is not his?” He scoffed disbelievingly.

“Why else would he?” Chaerin gave him a challenging smirk. “I’ll be at Seoul Elite hotel. Make sure you come and meet me before I call in some reporters.”

“Call them right now. Go ahead. Like that’d make me give in.”

He stormed back into the house, leaving her trembling with rage.

 

“Yoon,”

Yoon was sitting on the edge of the bed when he returned to the room, silent tears streaming down her cheeks. “Yoon listen to me.”

He knelt down in front of her, and took her hand in his. “Yoon-ah, I’m hundred percent sure that the child is not mine-”

“How can you be so sure?” she asked, cutting him off. “How can you be so sure when the mother of the child insists it’s you and says you know that too?”

“She’s someone who slept with another man and cheat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter