006

The Perfect Groom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trending

1. #EscalatorKiss

2. #HoodieKiss

3. #ByunBaekhyun

4. #LeeYoon

 

Baekhyun threw the phone onto the bed and started rubbing his temples, muttering low curses under his breath. Giving the phone no break, it had started ringing again, indicating Krystal Jung as the caller ID once again.

“No need to take down any articles. Just use it for our advantage as you always do and ask Oh Sehun to wear the sneakers to airport or somewhere. Then the trend will change soon after..... Just tell the reporters it’s... Ugh...that it’s just a little show of affection between a newly wedded couple! What’s so hard Krystal? It’s not like this is the first time you’re manipulating the media is it?”

Cancelling the call, he threw the phone onto the bed once again.

For the first time in a while, his headache was caused by stress, and not by a severe hangover.

Baekhyun got off the bed and walked out of the bedroom.

 

“Shindong-ssi! The truck is here!!!”

Baekhyun leaned over the oak railing from the passage outside his room, to find a few male servants hurrying out of the house downstairs in the living room.

Led by Shindong, and carrying heavy-looking plastic cases.

Yoon came hurrying into the house, and gestured them to move the cases outside. “Careful...Shindong-ssi make sure you enjoy them for a long time okay?”

“Of course madam! It’s not like I can finish all these in a month or two!” the butler replied, his plump face practically glowing with a grin.

The five or six servants took a several tours into the house and carried all the cases out to the truck as Yoon had referred, making Baekhyun watch everything in confusion. Finally he decided to walk downstairs, and Yoon caught his sight, only to greet him with the brightest smile ever.

His heart skipped a beat.

After a several years.

 

“Good morning Mr. Byun! So good to see you up early in the morning!”

“What are those?” he asked, as two men carried another set of cases out of the house.

“All the heavy liquor from upstairs. You promised to let me to get rid of them last night...remember?”

“When did I-”

“Buy me beer tonight. I’ll throw away all the Vodka and Cognac at home tomorrow morning.”

He soon recalled his own words, and pressed his lips close together.

“I asked Shindong-ssi to take them home. Look how happy he is!”

The butler bowed him from the entrance, the overjoyed grin still plastered all over his face. Baekhyun turned back to the girl with a sigh. “Have you seen the Twitter trends by the way?”

His question was rather hesitant, but touched with annoyance.

Annoyed with himself.

“Twitter trends... Local ones? Ah, yeah.”

Her answer was too casual, that it left his mouth almost hanging open.

Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable here?

“Funny...aren’t they people?” Yoon chuckled. “I mean, it’s not like we’re idols or something. But they’re still making a big deal out of this!”

Her words carried no weight at all, and the girl had been smiling the entire time, which made him even more uneasy.

“I’m- I’m just-” he awkwardly raised a finger, pointed at her, then pointed at himself, actually not knowing the exact meaning of his own actions. “Just...sorry! Yeah... sorry for the mishap. I’ll be more careful from now on.”

The smile faded away from the girl’s face, and she took a few steps closer, coming to stand right in front of him.

“What kind of coward apologizes for kissing a girl huh?”

Shindong, who was passing by with the last vodka case, suddenly started coughing, disappointingly hiding his laughter.

“I made myself clear that I don’t want a closer relationship between us yet...remember?”

Baekhyun asked, returning to his annoyed stance. “And I... I have broken my own principle so-”

He paused, realizing that he was blaming another for his own fault.

Bit his lip furiously, making Yoon suddenly want to return to the night previous.

“I’ll live in the second floor for the time being.”

He finally declared in a dejected mutter.

“No way Baekhyun-ssi.”

“Why not?”

“You were all in when Minseok sunbae mentioned the withdrawal methods last night. And now you want to even sleep in that extravagant bar of yours?”

“It’s not for the bar-”

He raised his voice, paused, and took a deep breath to correct himself. “Fine. You take the second floor and I’ll be in my room on the first floor.”

“I want that room! I love the interior!”

“Fine!!! Then sleep with that interior of yours and I’ll sleep in the ground floor! Now stop pouting for heaven’s sake!”

Yoon couldn’t help but chuckle, which drew him over the final edge.

“I’ve got to be in the HQ before ten. Get ready if you’re heading out. I can drop you off.”

Hearing his discouraged mutter, the girl leaned forward, making him visibly nervous. “That’s the gentlemanly Baekhyun I love.”

She leaned forward further, to press her lips on his cheek, an to last there a few seconds longer, on purpose.

And then she left, leaving an utterly bewildered Baekhyun in the middle of the living room, blinking into the mid-air.

“Collect yourself sir.”

The mischievous whisper at his ear made him jump, and Shindong was found grinning, standing beside him.

“Blushes look seriously awkward on you sir, that’s why.”

 

* * *

“When will you be returning home?”

Those were the first words that left his lips after their departure from home. The Audi stopped in front of Minji who was frantically waving at her bestie who was about to get off.

Yoon didn’t miss his quick glance that ran down on her before returning to her eyes for the answer.

The coffee brown midi shift dress which she had refused to wear because it hug herself a bit too well, but which her two maids, Luna and Victoria had begged her to wear out.

“Just give it a try Madam! Sir can’t remain a hermit forever can he?”

“Um... not sure Baekhyun-ssi.” She replied, regaining a straight face. “Minji usually takes ages when she wants to pick a dress.”

“Then call me after you’re done. I’ll at least send the car if I’m stuck with work. Don’t take cabs.”

Her eyes rounded, brightening with the sudden pleasant surprise. “Will you? For real?”

He shrugged with a sigh. “Given how insane the SNS had been, people might even go berserk by your sight. So don’t hang around in crowded places. Go to only less crowded boutiques and-”

“Will wait for you to come and pick me. Yes Sir.”

She gave one last smile, and got off the car to join her friend.”

Too busy watching her smiling (in that disturbing dress), Baekhyun didn’t see Minji waving at him, before hurriedly revving up the car and leaving the street pavement.

 

* * *

“You really didn’t have to come Baekhyun-ssi... I clearly heard very loud arguments in your boardroom.”

Yoon sighed, after getting into the car around sunset, after sending home a satisfied Minji with a new cocktail dress.

“It wasn’t anything special, I mean it’s kinda special but I’m not needed there. Just a brand model’s dating scandal.” Baekhyun replied nonchalantly.

“A dating scandal? Who? Oh Sehun?!?”

“Nah... Moonbyul... Why so concerned about Oh Sehun huh?”

“Just,” Yoon leaned back on her seat, to put on the seat belt and face forward. “Sehun getting in a scandal would be a big blow on your company. I was just being concerned of you okay?”

Replying with a barely audible grunt, he took the car back on the road, only to drive in silence for a several minutes.

Something, or someone on the roadside made him whirl his head around, and in no time, the car was pulled over and the windows were quickly pulled down.

He strained his neck to check on that some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter