Hunt

Sentai AU - The Bonds of Time

"You sure this is what she'll want?"

"Yup. Tteokbokki. Only tteokbokki," Namjoo says right away.

Eunji turns to see Chorong nodding. "Alright, then."

"Uhhh, guys? We might not get a chance to get food..." Bomi whispers as she points to a television nearby.

Mysterious device found at Busan Tower

"Rats. Not good. That flyer really was meant for us," Eunji mutters.

"Let's get moving," Namjoo sighs.

"But what about Hayoung?"

"I think we should let her sleep while we scout it out," Chorong says. "I want to have her rest for once. If we need her, we'll call her."

Eunji can only sigh as the four of them head out.

-

There's absolute silence in the apartment. Then, there's the sounds of ruffling blankets, followed by a mighty yawn.

Hayoung rubs her eyes gently. "How long... did I sleep?" she mutters softly. Still rubbing her eyes, she trudges over to the kitchen to grab a glass. Slowly pouring some water, she peers over to the clock. ...9:30? Wow... I must have slept for a while... Taking her time to down the glass, she eases her way over to the shower to wash up. Before going in, however, she taps her morpher to contact the others.

"Unnie?"

No response.

"Unnie?"

Still no response.

"Hmm... this is strange. Unnie?"

"Hayoung-ie?" Eunji answers. "Are you awake?"

"Mmm..."

"Ok. Apparently there was a device here at the tower, so we're surveying the area. Well... from a distance. The police are here. It looks like they have it under control, so we don't have to reveal ourselves. We'll keep you updated, okay?"

"Okay. Stay safe, unnie!"

After washing up and switching into her usual outfit, she walks over to her computer and begins to study her notes from last night. "Hmm... I'm going to look up this phrase." Pulling up the results, her eyes widen. "It's an animation from this time?" Hayoung goes to Eunji's office and searches for the animation on the computer. There, she stares at the computer for a good half hour. "People... liked this stuff? It really is demented..." Then, she takes note of a phrase continually mentioned and copies it into her notes. "Alright. Well, 'Not Ready to Die' is written like a title. I'll look this up too." As she finds the results, she begins to look through all the various links and posts in her scavenger hunt. Then, she fixates on a four-digit code. "Hmm... this could be it..." Copying it to her notes, then looking at all of them at once, she goes back to the case and begins to turn the knobs, arranging them to:

Z B D 2 7 4 6

Then, like magic, she hears a click. "I think I've cracked it!" Hayoung then slowly opens the case to see some fancy technology inside, along with a pamphlet and note. "Wait... that note looks odd..." Grabbing it, she finds the following:

Rangers, please take time to read the pamphlet, then meet me at the stone benches at Haeundae Beach. I have much to discuss with you. -SW

"Whoa. This seems so... odd..." Hayoung then takes the pamphlet and studies it carefully. "Seems like we need some sort of beacon to make this thing work... I'm sure I'll figure something out." Then, she taps her morpher.

"Unnie?"

"Hayoung-ie?" Chorong answers. "Is something wrong?"

"No. I opened the case and-"

"WHOA. YOU DID?!"

"Uhhh yea. Long story. Anyway, I studied the pamphlet inside and I'm going to go to the beach in a bit to get some fresh air. Anything happen where you are?"

"Well, not yet. Police are still combing the area."

"Okay. Just let me know if you need me!"

Before heading off for the beach, however, Hayoung decides to take a further look at the prototype, hoping to make some adjustments just in case she felt she needed it for what's ahead...

-

"Lieutenant Son, the device is secure."

"Good work. We shall wait for Mr. Huh to get here so his team can examine it. In the meantime, move it outside to the parking lot, and hurry!"

"Roger. Oh, and what about the prototype? We still looking for it?"

"Yes. Now go!" I bet Eunji-unnie and her friends know something about it...

-

Hayoung strolls down the beachside, taking in the fresh air and light breeze. "It's so nice today..." As she nears the stone benches where she and Eunji sat, she sees a man sitting on one of them, staring out to the sea. However, as she gets closer, she makes out from the back who it actually is.

"What do you want?"

"I'm unarmed," the man says, raising his hands. "If you don't want to come close, I understand. You can stay there. I won't move."

Hayoung sighs. "'SW'? That's your alias?"

"Don't you know my actual birth name?"

"...I should have known."

"Well, that's not the point. I need to warn you of something as well as provide you an offer. Are you alone?"

"Why ask?"

"Because your friends are in danger," he says as he turns his head. Hayoung's eyes widen as she confirms his identity.

Roy Kim.

-

"So, hyung? Are we all set to go with those charges?"

"Not quite. I need to check in with Jennie. Jennie, what's the situation?"

"Roy-oppa just raised his hands. We've got her."

"Wait. 'Her?'"

"It's just the tall one."

"Understood. Keep your eyes peeled."

"Alright, hyung. Should we set off a strobe charge instead?"

"No, Eddy. Wait."

-

"Busan Tower's a trap. Time's running out. You better call them out of there, and then you get running too. Jennie's watching you. I can buy you a few seconds."

"But what about the offer?!"

"Pier 5. Meet me there!"

Then, a strobe detonates a few meters away from Hayoung.

"Now's your chance! Go! Before she hunts you down, and me!"

"Unnie?! UNNIE!!!"

"Hayoung-ie? What is it?!"

"Get out of there! Busan Tower's a trap! Get to Pier 5! I'll explain later!"

"We're on it."

Then, Hayoung sees a blaster shot land near her. "RATS!!!" Right after, she feels someone grab her.

"It'll be faster this way. Come on!"

"Wha- AAAHHH!!!"

-

"What the?! Why is my scope offline? I see the strobe, but, ugh! Gotta find her from this distance... There! ...SHOOT! MISSED! Oppa, I'm tracking the tall one. She's on the run! Detonate the charges now!"

-

BOOM!!!

"WHAT THE?!"

"Lieutenant Son! The device has gone off!"

Then, a screech.

"Well, well, well. Want answers? Hunt us down? Good luck! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

-

"OOF!"

Hayoung rubs her forehead after feeling like her body was being pulled apart for a few good seconds. "Ugh..."

"Sorry. If I hadn't intervened, Jennie might have had you. I know her too well."

Hayoung's still trying to get her bearings as she sees a hand in front of her. Blinking a few times, she hesitates to reach out as she notices who's staring at her from above.

"As I said, I'm unarmed."

Hayoung begrudgingly takes the hand as she gets up before dusting herself off.

"I don't understand... why go through this to... help us?"

"I have a lot of explaining to do. And to be honest, I'm glad it's you who came over."

"Why me? If anything, you shouldn't even want me here, knowing what you pulled and how it relates to me," Hayoung says with a sneer.

"Because... I need to explain this," Roy says as he holds up two coins.

-

"Pier 5 is super close by!" Eunji yells. "We have to hurry!"

As they begin to see shipping crates, a police cruiser quickly pulls aside in front of them, barely missing Eunji.

"Ohhh no."

The driver then steps out. "Going somewhere?"

"What do you want?"

"Tell me where you're going and I'll stay out of your way."

"And if not?"

Naeun calmly scoffs. "You know the consequences."

Namjoo steps forward. "Who is she to-"

"You stay out of this!" Naeun snaps as she instantly pulls her gun. "And you better not step forward either!" she yells as she glares at Bomi.

"Pier 5, Miss Naeun," Chorong says, calmly. "Pier 5."

"Thank you. Why can't the three of you be like this kind lady?" Naeun mutters as she holsters her gun. "You stay out of my way and I won't report ever seeing you."

"Stay out of YOUR way?!"

However, Naeun calmly gets in her cruiser and speeds away.

"UGH! That-"

"EUNJI!" Chorong snaps as she steps in front of her. Eunji is taken aback as she finds Chorong's finger pointing furiously point-blank right at her eyes. "She isn't worth your anger right now! What WE need to do right now is get ourselves together and find Hayoung! Plus, there's still a chance we get to her first. Understood?"

Eunji can only sigh. "Yes, unnie."

"Good. Let's move!"

-

Why would Roy want to speak with Hayoung? Can the rangers get to Hayoung before Naeun does? Will Khan intervene during all of this? Find out next chapter!

-

A/N: I sincerely apologize to my fellow honeybees. But if you know how Time Force goes... ohohoho! Anyhow, I hope everyone is enjoying the story's progression. Feedback is always appreciated! Also, who got the code and the references in the message? d: