Letting Go

School 2020 (IZ*ONE Ver)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura and Chaeyeon were sitting across each other inside a street stall. On their table were a few bottles of empty  Soju.

 

“She don’t deserve you!” Chaeyeon said as she put her 20th glass down. Chaeyeon was totally drunk after drinking so much.
“Chae, you should stop now,” Sakura was getting worried of Chaeyeon.

 

Sakura joined Chaeyeon drinking after feeling heartbroken about Irene. Sakura did not expect Chaeyeon would drink that much and got drunk. Sakura stopped drinking after a bottle but not Chaeyeon.

 

“You need...to...for...get....her,” Chaeyeon pointed at Sakura.
“Chae, let’s go home,”
“No! Listen!”

 

Chaeyeon cupped Sakura’s face which made her flustered.

 

“Sakura!”

 

Sakura locked her eyes on Chaeyeon’s. She waited for the drunk girl to talk.

 

“Do you know that I am so sad whenever I see you cry? I feel like running to you and comfort you always!”
“Why...is...that?” Sakura asked.
“You...are an idiot,” Chaeyeon laughed.
“Chaeyeon,”
“I like you but you never know, because you only see Irene!”

 

Chaeyeon leaned back and gulped another glass of Soju. Sakura froze. Her face felt hot. Did Chaeyeon just confessed to her? 

 

“I hate...you...,” Chaeyeon added.
“You are drunk,” Sakura said.

 

Sakura called the waiter and paid for their drinks. After that, Sakura helped Chaeyeon up and wrapped her arm around hers.

 

“Let’s go Chaeyeon,”

 

Chaeyeon was unstable. She walked left and right and Sakura used all her strength to make sure she supported Chaeyeon well.

 

“Shimmy shimmy ko ko bop!”

 

Chaeyeon was singing Exo Ko Ko Bop so loud that it attracted the attention of nearby people. Sakura bowed her head, apologising to each of them. 

 

“IT GOES DOWN DOWN BABY!”
“Chaeyeon stop it,”

 

Sakura tried to cover Chaeyeon’s mouth but she kept on singing. Sakura hurriedly brought her to the nearby taxi station and hopped on to one. Sakura gave the driver her address and during the whole journey, Chaeyeon was uncontrollable.

 

“IRENE YOU CANT HURT MY KKURA!” Chaeyeon shouted out of the window.

 

Sakura pulled Chaeyeon inside and repeatedly apologised to the taxi driver. When they reached the apartment, Sakura paid the taxi driver extra and apologised again. Sakura brought Chaeyeon up to her apartment with so much trouble. Chaeyeon was so loud and she kept calling out Irene for hurting Sakura. When they reached Sakura’s place, Sakura took Chaeyeon to her bedroom and lie her down on her bed. Sakura almost fainted from exhaustion. What a tough night for her.

 

“YOU...DONT...DESERVE...HER!” Chaeyeon mumbled.

 

Sakura stood and looked at Chaeyeon who was sleeping on the bed. Sakura helped Chaeyeon to take her shoes off.

 

“Argh...I’m hot!”

 

Sakura was surprised when Chaeyeon suddenly took her shirt and pants off, leaving only her bra and underwear. Sakura blushed. 

 

“Chaeyeon what the,”

 

Sakura immediately pulled the blanket up to cover Chaeyeon’s body. Chaeyeon finally settled down and was quite. Sakura touched her own cheek. It was hot for unknown reason. Sakura looked at Chaeyeon again. 

 

“You said you like me, is it true?”

 

Chaeyeon was dead asleep. Sakura sat next to Chaeyeon and fixed her hair strands. 

 

“I...really...like...you...Kku...ra...,” Chaeyeon mumbled.

 

Sakura curved a smile on her lips. She was badly hurt a few hours ago. It hurts when she heard about Irene. But now, there was a part of her heart, feeling happy. Sakura walked to the balcony. She took out the necklace that was supposed to be given to Irene and stared at it.

 

“Maybe I need to learn to let go,”

 

Sakura stared at the night sky and soon, lost in her own thought.

 

= = = = =

 

Chaeyeon woke up the next morning feeling dizzy. She scanned around and noticed the unfamiliar surrounding. Chaeyeon found Sakura picture on the wall.

 

“Oh no,”

 

Chaeyeon checked under the blanket and found herself half . She looked to her right and Sakura was sleeping next to her.

 

“What happened last night?” Chaeyeon freaked out.

 

Chaeyeon jumped off the bed with the blanket and was looking for her clothes but it was nowhere to be seen. Covered in blanket, Chaeyeon searched the room.

 

“What are you doing with my blanket?” Sakura asked, confused.
“You are up!” Chaeyeon panicked.
“You are loud and I’m cold, can you give me the blanket?” Sakura requested.
“Blanket? No! I can’t!” Chaeyeon refused.
“Chaeyeon...come on,”

 

Sakura jumped off the bed and walked to Chaeyeon but Chaeyeon ran away.

 

“Chaeyeon, I need my blanket!” Sakura stated.
“I need my clothes!” 

 

Sakura finally realised the reason Chaeyeon ran around with her blanket. Sakura ruffled her hair and yawned.

 

“Your clothes are in the living room, I washed them already,” Sakura in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter