Down

School 2020 (IZ*ONE Ver)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yena,”

“Chaewon, let go of Nako,” Yena said.

 

Chaewon let Nako’s hand off and Yena took her hand off Chaewon.

 

“Nako, are you okay?” Yena asked as she checked on Nako’s wrist.

 

Wonyoung and Chaewon watched in disbelief.

 

“Yena, what are you doing now? Do you know what she did? She is the one who push Hitomi down the stair!” Wonyoung asked.

“There is no proof that she did it, so don’t accuse her like that!” Yena defended Nako.

“Yena, this is absurd. Everyone knows what she did!” Chaewon was really annoyed.

“Like I said, she is not guilty until there is proof, let’s go Nako,”

 

Yena dragged Nako but Wonyoung called her, “Yena, do you like her that much that you act stupid like this?”

 

Yena stopped. She turned to Nako before she switched her attention to Wonyoung and Chaewon at the back.

 

“Yes, I like a lot,”

 

Yena tightened her grip on Nako’s hand and left the rooftop. Wonyoung growled. She kicked the air, lashing out her frustration.

 

“She is unbelievable!” Wonyoung complained.

“Hey, calm down. Let us see what we can do about her, I’m running out of ideas though,”

“Let’s report her to the principal,” Wonyoung suggested.

“But we have no proof, not even a CCTV recording, and Hitomi herself is suffering from memory loss,”

“It’s frustrating! I really want to save Hitomi!’

“Why? Do you like Hitomi?” Chaewon blurted out.

“Yes, I do like her and I feel like I need to protect her!”

“Do you like her as a friend or more than a friend?” Chaewon asked again.

“Why are you so interested? Knowing that I like her is enough,”

“I just want to know the way you like her,” Chaewon said.

“Are you perhaps jealous if I like her more than a friend?” Wonyoung questioned.

“Yes, of course! I told you I like you so I don’t think I can handle it if you say you like her more than a friend!”

“Then, you got your answer. I like her more than a friend,” Wonyoung smirked and left Chaewon.

 

Chaewon froze. Did she hear it right?

 

“YAH JANG WONYOUNG! COME BACK HERE!”

 

= = = = =

 

“Let me off!” Nako pulled her hand away from Yena when they reached the Science Laboratory. Yena let her off and she looked around before she turned to Nako.

“Don’t engage with them or anyone,” Yena told Nako.

“Yena. Are you trying to save me now? Do not involve yourself with me. You know I am guilty. I don’t want to drag you in my business,”

“Nako, I am trying to help you. I want you to know that you are not alone. I am always here with you,”

“First, I don’t need anyone,” Nako stated.

“Nako,”

“Second, I don’t like you,”

“Nako, I know you are not a bad person, you are just going the wrong way,” Yena added.

“You know nothing about me,”

“I know that you have a good heart,’

“Bull,”

 

Nako pushed Yena and left. Yena took a deep breath. It was hopeless after all.

 

= = = = =

 

Yuri was in Hitomi’s room. Yuri decided to study at Hitomi’s place after school. Hitomi went out to buy some food and drinks for them. Yuri wondered around the room, smiling at Hitomi’s picture on the wall. It had been a long time since she went there. Hitomi always avoid her after school end and they only met at school. Yuri took a seat on Hitomi’s desk. She noticed a strange book stacking with some educational books. Out of curiosity, Yuri pulled the book out and saw the title,

 

“Tomi’s Diary,”

 

Yuri put the diary back but then, she took it again. She was really curious about Hitomi. Yuri bit her lip and finally she flipped the first page. It was just a short summary of how Hitomi’s day went. As she kept reading, tears started to fall. Hitomi wrote everything about how Rino abused her, hit her and torture. How Nako treated her badly and how bad her injury was.

 

“Hii-chan…,”

 

Yuri read the diary up until the day of the accident. Hitomi wrote there clearly,

 

“Nako pushed me down the stairs. When I woke up, I am scared that they will abuse me again, so I pretended that I lose my memories to save myself,”

 

Yuri gasped. So, Hitomi remembered everything but pretended not to. Yuri read another page.

 

“I recorded their conversation, but I don’t know if I should tell anyone about this. Dad loves her and I do not want to see Nako suffering,”

 

Yuri closed the diary and put it back on it place. She wiped her tears.

 

“Yuri?”

 

Yuri turned and saw Hitomi entering the room with a plastic bag.

 

“Hii-chan!”

 

Yuri ran to Hitomi and hugged her tight. Hitomi was confused.

 

‘I’m sorry, I have no idea that you suffer so much,” Yuri cried.

“What are you talking about?” Hitomi asked.

“I have no idea you are hurting, I’m really sorry,”

“Yul, did you read my diary?” Hitomi guessed.

 

Yuri broke from the hug. She wiped her tears and nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter