Chapter 9: You look at them with those eyes

Sign you’ve fallen for your bestfriend: Shuhua edition

They are in Miyeon’s condominium in the opposite side of Shuhua’s. Shuhua look at her side and sees Miyeon just blankly looking at the screen. Miyeon look back at Shuhua and it makes Shuhua caught off guard so Shuhua looks away so fast. Miyeon smile at cute Shuhua, Miyeon just continue looking at Shuhua with a flirty smile.

“Stop looking at me,” Shuhua said.

“But you look at me,” Miyeon said. “Stop looking away,” Miyeon said.

“I’m not though!” Shuhua said. Miyeon just chuckle and nod, continuing looking at Shuhua.

“Stop looking at me,” Shuhua repeat. “As if you’re in love,”

“Why?” Miyeon asks. “I can’t?” Shuhua swear Miyeon will be the one to end her life.

 

Oh.

 

“Miyeon unnie, are you okay?” Soojin asks. They’re finally letting Miyeon hang out with them again.

“Yeah, why you asks?” Miyeon said.

“You looks sad somehow,” Seoyeon said. Shuhua worriedly look at Miyeon, Miyeon just look down and smile.

“Don’t worry, I’m okay,” Miyeon said. Shuhua pout when Miyeon said that and Miyeon sees it. “Really, I am,” Miyeon said to Shuhua.

“Yeah, whatever,” Shuhua said. They laugh at sulky Shuhua.

“Long time no see, Yuqi,” Miyeon greet Yuqi with a huge smile. Yuqi just laugh at it while Shuhua just scoff.

“Yeah, you look okay!” Shuhua mock then they all laugh.

“Long time no see too~” Yuqi greet back with her cute voice. They all laugh at their flirty friends.

 

“Go keep flirting with Yuqi,” Shuhua said and turn away from Miyeon. Miyeon just chuckle at jealous Shuhua.

“Should I?” Miyeon asks then Shuhua cling at Miyeon’s arms then Miyeon laugh at her.

 

“Say, your dating Miyeon unnie,” Tzuyu said. Elkie and Shuhua almost spit out their drinks.

“What are you saying?!” Shuhua asks. Tzuyu just laugh at her, while Elkie literally spit out her tea so she wipes .

“Tell us the truth, no one understand us if we speak mandarin,” Elkie said in mandarin.

“No, really, no, we’re not dating,” Shuhua said.

“Going there?” Tzuyu asks then Shuhua keep quiet. The two laugh at their obvious friend. “Seriously, you two are quite obvious, especially when one pay attention,” Tzuyu added.

“It’s really strange that you deny, I always think you two are dating secretly to avoid conflict with Yuqi. I saw you with her in Nami Island holding hands, everyone will think you two are dating. Good for you I didn’t say anything more than that,” Elkie said then Shuhua sigh again.

“We’re not dating,” Shuhua said with pout.

“But you want?” Tzuyu asks. “Hey, didn’t you say you like Soojin unnie?” Tzuyu asks again.

“Well…” Shuhua said with awkward smile.

 

“How will you give me love?” Miyeon asks. They’re in Miyeon’s car.

“What are you saying?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon smirk at Shuhua.

“You said it, you will give me love,” Miyeon said then Shuhua blush at the memories. Shuhua looks at Miyeon longer than she expected.

“Tell me more about yourself, did you really date and sleep around before?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon look down and nod.

“I did, I had a boyfriend and sleep with him a lot,” Miyeon said honestly. “Bad influence, but still, all of my memories are precious even though it hurts a lot,” Miyeon said.

“Is he handsome?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon smile.

“Not really, but attractive and hot,” Miyeon said then Shuhua roll her eyes.

“Yeah, probably y too, isn’t?” Shuhua added then Miyeon nod.

“Yeah, he still is,” Miyeon said then Shuhua is shock when she heard that.

“You still meeting him?!” Shuhua asks angrily.

“No, but I did last time, we reconcile. Our break up is so mess up, we need a talk so that we can let go of each other,” Miyeon said. “Seriously, because when my life is about to fall apart, he saved me, he keep me but at the end of day, he destroy me too,” Miyeon said.

“…”

“We did it for the last time, I’m saying this to you because I want to be honest,” Miyeon said. Shuhua look down and realize, she never know Miyeon. “I want you to know me, the real me, and judge it by yourself” Miyeon added

Shuhua knows now why Miyeon reject people, Miyeon is a broken glass, a mess painting, and a maze. However, Shuhua still finds her very beautiful.

“You’re still the same for me,” Shuhua said then Miyeon smile and nod.

 

“The ninth sign, you look at them with those eyes,” Yuqi said. Shuhua look at her confuse.

“With those eyes, what?” Shuhua asks.

“Like in love, like you will do everything for them!” Yuqi said. “Gosh, you look at Soojin unnie like that all the time,” Yuqi said then they laugh at it.

 

“What’s your first impression of me?” Miyeon asks. “I want to know,”

“The opposite of who you really are,” Shuhua said then Miyeon laugh. “I thought you will be really quiet but I guess I’m wrong,” Shuhua said.

“Well, you still like me,” Miyeon said then wink.

“What’s wrong with you!?” Shuhua said then they laugh.  

 

Shuhua look at sleeping Miyeon, she is really goddess. So peaceful and elegant even when she is sleeping. Shuhua sleep over at Miyeon’s place, Shuhua can’t fall asleep when Miyeon said who she really is. Shuhua look at Miyeon from head-to-toe, her body is like a sculpture by God, yet someone already played with it. Shuhua hates it but she knows that Miyeon decide to do it on her own.

“You’re looking at me again, with those eyes,” Miyeon said suddenly. Shuhua have her eyes widen.

THUMP

“Shuhua, I’m sorry, I’m getting little impatient today,” Miyeon said.

“What do you mean?” Shuhua don’t know what Miyeon is saying suddenly.

“I see stars in your eyes, maybe this is little fast, a bit fast for my heart to beat for your heart to caught up. I feel like floating in the clouds as I swim deeply in your smile. If where really just to stay the same or move forward, please, don’t let go of me,” Miyeon said as she move on the top of Shuhua.

“W-wait, what are you saying?” Shuhua asks but she didn’t push Miyeon away.

“Shuhua, you don’t know how self-restraint I do, I have wanting you for so long. In order not to damage you, I stop myself so many times! It’s frustrating me but what can I do? You’re so innocent, I can’t just taint you with my dirty hands,” Miyeon said. Now Shuhua knows what Miyeon means.

“Go Shuhua, say it now,” Miyeon whisper to Shuhua’s ears. It send shivers to Shuhua but it doesn’t fade her at all.

 

         

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you, Miyeon”

 

---------------------------

MiShu is so tragic :((