Chapter 8: You drop everything for them

Sign you’ve fallen for your bestfriend: Shuhua edition

“Why are you zoning out?” Miyeon asks with a smirk but still a gentle smile.

“No, it’s nothing,” Shuhua looks away with a blush. They’re still in the park, only few people are there who is passing by.

“Shuhua, be honest,” Miyeon said and it makes Shuhua nervous as Miyeon step a bit closer to her, crossing the boundary a little bit. Normally Shuhua will turn away or run when Miyeon get a bit closer to her before.

“W-what?” Shuhua gulp and don’t look at Miyeon eyes. Miyeon sigh and chuckle a little.

Maybe I should let her go this time

 

Miyeon and Shuhua goes home while holding hands. Miyeon looks so relax while Shuhua is confuse in what they are, is holding your best friend hand is normal? Is beating heart for your best friend is normal? Is wanting your best friend normal?

“So see you tomorrow,” Miyeon said then Shuhua just nod and smile a little. Miyeon knows that Shuhua is getting confuse, Miyeon feels sorry and want to clear it but Miyeon is also hesitating.

“Yeah,” Shuhua said then Miyeon let go of Shuhua’s hands.

 

“No matter where you are, since you’re so desperate to see that friend, you drop everything for them. You do that! Each! Time! They! Call!” Yuqi said. Shuhua looks at Yuqi so weirdly.

“Even though I’m in an important meeting??” Shuhua asks then Yuqi nod.

“Even when you’re with your family, that’s the eight sign,” Yuqi said.

“That’s ridiculous,” Shuhua said.

“Maybe you didn’t like Soojin unnie enough then,”

 

“Let’s hang out later!” Elkie said. They’re in the cafeteria without Miyeon as usual.

“I wonder how long we will hang out without Miyeon,” Minnie said while looking at Yuqi. Yuqi just pout.

“I feel like I’m being selfish this whole time, Miyeon unnie doesn’t deserve this isolation because of my feelings,” Yuqi said then Shuhua feel sorry for it.

“Then this will be the last time we will hang out without Miyeon unnie,” Soojin said then they all nod with a smile.

“So where we will hang out later?” Tzuyu said.

“Let’s just walk around to see,” Soyeon said.

“Good idea,” Shuhua said.

  

They walk around happily and try a lot of street foods. They chat and chat, they even have a dance battle while walking. Shuhua is genuinely happy however when Miyeon suddenly text her.

Miyeon: Where are you? Can you see me now?

When Shuhua read it, she stop from walking and call Miyeon.

Shuhua: Why?

Miyeon: …

Shuhua: Hey, are you okay?

Miyeon: … ah… yeah, can you see me now?

Shuhua: Yes, of course, I will, where are you?

Miyeon: Just near the park in our school

Shuhua: I will be there, wait for me

 

Shuhua suddenly said goodbye to her friends and left. Shuhua run and look around the park when she arrives. Shuhua walk carefully to find Miyeon and she sees Miyeon under street lights, with her motorcycle. Shuhua stop when she is ten steps away from Miyeon. Shuhua observe Miyeon, Miyeon’s eyes is in the ground, looking so sad and tired. Miyeon’s body looks so tired and about to give out.  

“Oh,” Miyeon smile weakly to Shuhua. Shuhua sigh and goes to Miyeon to stand in front of her. Miyeon reach out to hold Shuhua’s hands and try to smile sweetly. Shuhua knows that Miyeon is having a hard time for a lot of unknown reasons that she won’t tell.

“C’mon tell me, what’s wrong?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon sigh and smile bitterly.

“My parents will officially divorce,” When Shuhua heard it, she don’t know what to say. Miyeon is about to lose her parents this whole time and she don’t know. Miyeon smile bitterly. “I know that this day will come, since before middle school, they already plan on divorcing. I played a bad girl so that they will pay attention to me and focus on disciplining me, however that plan didn’t work out at all,” Miyeon said and look away.

“Bad girl?” Shuhua asks then Miyeon nod.

“I’m no angel, Shuhua. I study at YG, I’m like them, and I’m still like them, I drink, I date and sleep around when I was in high school,” Miyeon said and its make Shuhua shocks. Miyeon smile at the memories. “I thought it will make my parents stay, its work in the beginning since they can’t leave their only child like that, however, as I grow old. I realize that I’m stopping their happiness and I decide to grow up. I leave YG for new beginning, I happened to meet you and now I’m all fine,” Miyeon said with a sad smile.

Shuhua hug Miyeon when Miyeon said it. Now, Shuhua knows why Miyeon is so attractive, she’s that strong but gentle. She looks so weak on the outside but she’s the strongest all of them. Miyeon looks innocent but she is the wildest. Miyeon is humble at the same time looks so arrogant with her looks and talents. Miyeon cannot be Miyeon. Shuhua likes it. Shuhua likes how there’s so many type of Miyeon she will likes.

“Sorry, did I disturb your hang out?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua shake her head. They’re still hugging each other.

“This type of Miyeon is more important,” Shuhua said then Miyeon chuckle.

“This type of me?” Miyeon asks while swaying their hugs.

“Yeah, this vulnerable side of Miyeon,” Shuhua said.

“Don’t worry, my parents said they will continue supporting me. My mom will give me cards full of money, they will give me cars, motor, house, condominium and everything, everything except love,” Miyeon said. Shuhua break the hug and look at Miyeon.

Miyeon eyes looks so sad but Miyeon still try to look cheerful. Shuhua sigh and caress Miyeon’s cheeks which shock Miyeon but Miyeon got comfortable with it and close her eyes.

 

 

 

“It’s okay, you can cry. I will give you love,”

 

-------------

Belated Happy Birthday Aphrodite Miyeon. May Shuhua return your love this 2020 :D