Chapter 2: You remember every little details about them and you stare at them a little bit longer

Sign you’ve fallen for your bestfriend: Shuhua edition

Shuhua sigh for a 10th time when remember what Yuqi said last night.

So I will be a single for my rest of my life, huh…

 

“Why are you zoning out again?” Miyeon said making Shuhua shock.

“Don’t shock me like that,” Shuhua said as she walk pass Miyeon. Miyeon smile and catch up to Shuhua.

“Why are you sulking in the early morning? Did someone piss you off?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua nod, It Song Yuqi wanting to confess to you, you dip.

“Yeah, you,” Shuhua said then Miyeon sulk but let it by as Shuhua always say mean things to her but at the end of day, they’re together.

“Tell me to how to lighten up your mood?” When Yuqi confess please reject her,

How much Shuhua want to say it, she know she can’t. She don’t even want to admit she likes Miyeon while Yuqi is already is that stage, confessing.  Shuhua admire how brave Yuqi is, something she want to have. Who can blame Yuqi? Miyeon is already near perfection, who wouldn’t like a goddess like Miyeon.

“So tell me now,” Miyeon asks then Shuhua just look at Miyeon. Perfect. “Shuhua, I know I’m in your level of beauty, but you making me feel embarrass by looking at me for so long,” Miyeon said. Shuhua realize she’s been looking at Miyeon for almost a minute. Shuhua look away with a blush in her face. Praying that Miyeon don’t see her tomato face it.

“None,” Shuhua said. “Tell, why are you still single?” Shuhua asks. Shuhua is always curious why a beauty with brain like Miyeon is single.

“So suddenly?” Miyeon asks with a chuckle at the end. “Well, maybe I haven’t met my one and only or maybe I already meet that person, I just need to open my eyes,” Miyeon said.

“…”

“Why you asks?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua shake her head, “You? What about you? Why are you still single?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua smirk.

“I’m waiting for Soojin unnie to say yes to me!!” Shuhua said then run away from Miyeon. Shuhua don’t notice how Miyeon change. From light to dark expression. Miyeon sigh and follow Shuhua with a bitter smile.

 

Yuqi stand up and point at Shuhua, “You stare at them for too long and you remember every single details about them, it’s the second sign!” Shuhua look dumbfounded at what Yuqi said.

 

“Why are you always wearing crop top?” Shuhua asks. They’re in the café, drinking hot chocolate in the winter weather.

“Am I?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua nods.

“No matter the weather, you always wear crop top. Aren’t it cold? You always order strawberry milkshake even it’s so cold. You stay up all night that you also forget to change your cloths before you sleep. That’s why you usually have a runny nose. Please wear warm cloths,” Shuhua said. Miyeon put her chin over her hand and look at Shuhua.

“Should I?” Miyeon said. “Aren’t I look good with cloths like this?” Miyeon asks.

“You look good, but please your health first before fashion. I get that you the fashionista that everyone looks up but staying warm in the cold weather to avoid catching colds in much better!” Shuhua said then Miyeon smile.

“So you remember everything, huh?” Miyeon said in a teasing tone then Shuhua look away and drink her hot chocolate.

 

“I feel so relief!” Yuqi said. They’re at Shuhua’s condominium and they’re watching Korean dramas. Shuhua is feeling nervous.

“Why?” Shuhua asks. Yuqi sadly smile and hug her Taiwanese friend.

“I confess to Miyeon unnie but she turns me down,” Yuqi said and Shuhua feels like celebrating but she also feel quite sad for Yuqi who is brave and true to her feelings. “I know it will end up like that though, I know she didn’t see me that way in the beginning,” Yuqi said.

“Then why did you confess?” Shuhua asks.

“To make myself free, because my feelings for her is so huge and it became burden, I need to let it out so I can be free,” Yuqi said. Shuhua look at Yuqi with sad eyes but with a bitter smile.

“… lucky you, you’re so brave,” Shuhua said then Yuqi chuckle as she find their conversation ridiculous.

“What are you saying? You keep confessing to Soojin unnie even she turns you down a lot. I’m the one who admire you’re braveness,” Yuqi said. Yuqi, it’s not about Soojin unnie anymore…

 

“So you turn down Yuqi, huh?” Shuhua said as Miyeon take a bite off her beef. Shuhua observe Miyeon, no matter who confess to her, its look likes it didn’t affect her at all.

“Yeah, but we’re still good,” Miyeon said. “She’s so cute, she shouldn’t waste time falling in love with someone like me,” Miyeon said. Shuhua sigh as Miyeon always put herself down.

“C’mon, you’re a great person. Isn’t the reason why people falls for you?” Shuhua asks then Miyeon smile and shake her head. Shuhua give Miyeon a confuse face.

“No, they’re only see my external, they don’t really know me,” Miyeon said with a small smile. “Thank you for saying I’m a great person though,” Miyeon said and eat.

“You really are, people sees you as kind and reliable person. Talented, smart, beautiful, tall, fair skin, and have a kind heart, why people shouldn’t like you? Stop always putting yourself down, you worth a lot of things in this world. You asks me how you can survive in this harsh world when you’re so kind. You surviving because you’re giving people good influence,” Shuhua fight back. Miyeon stop eating and drink her water and clear her voice.

They have suddenly have an eye contact battle but as usual, Miyeon lose as it is Shuhua’s specialty. Miyeon close her eyes and open to see Shuhua looking hurt. Miyeon sigh and pout.

“Fine, thank you for thinking about me that way, I will always remember what the great Yeh Shuhua said about me,” Miyeon said then get up and seat next to Shuhua. “Since you praise me, what about to feed me?” Miyeon asks with a cheeky smile.

“You wish!” Shuhua said and push Miyeon away who is trying to give her a kiss.  

 

“Good morning, the love of my life!!” Shuhua greet Soojin in their classroom with that line every time Shuhua saw Soojin.

“Stop saying that,” Soojin said and Shuhua just laugh and seat next to Soojin. “Did you do your homework?” Soojin asks then Shuhua proudly nod.

“Of course!” Shuhua said.

“You heard about the news Yuqi confessing to Miyeon but get rejected?” Soojin asks then Shuhua nods. “Why Miyeon reject Yuqi? Yuqi is cute and kind with smart brain,” Soojin said.

“Maybe it’s about the feeling,” Shuhua said with romantic vibe so Soojin give her a disgust face.

“Good morning,” Soyeon arrive with Minnie.

“Yo!” Minnie greet them.

They talk and talk about Yuqi and Miyeon before the prof. arrive.

“Yuqi must see you Shuhua being so brave at confessing,” Soyeon said then Shuhua chuckle.

“Is that so?” Shuhua asks then Minnie nod.

“Yeah, see even Soojin reject multiple times, you’re still seating next to her,” Minnie said.

“What if Yuqi become like that to Miyeon?” Soojin asks then Shuhua stop talking and start looking down.

Just what if, what if Miyeon changes her mind and start dating Yuqi? NOOOO!!

“You okay?” Soojin asks then Shuhua just nod.

 

Shuhua sigh when she’s walking alone when she’s going home.

“Why being sulking again?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua look at her side and sees Miyeon being so beautiful that it hurts.

“Soojin unnie reject me again,” Shuhua lies. Miyeon just smile and hold Shuhua’s hand.

“Let me cheer you up, let’s play!” Miyeon said.   

 

They’re in the empty street basketball court. They play around, Shuhua chasing Miyeon who has the ball while Miyeon is laughing around while running.

“C’mon you!” Shuhua shout then Miyeon suddenly turn around to face and stop, Shuhua is currently fighting the gravity but she fails as she can’t stop herself and bump into Miyeon that makes them fall in the ground.

“AHH!” Both of them scream. Shuhua is in the top of Miyeon. Both of them laugh and when Shuhua tries to get up, she get shock at the scene. Miyeon smiling so big and being so carefree, Shuhua likes this Miyeon a lot.

“You’re staring again,” Miyeon said then Shuhua snap back into reality and get up. Miyeon get up as well. “Are you tired?” Miyeon asks then Shuhua nod a little. “Shall we go home? I will take you home,”

 

Shuhua, maybe you should confess too,       

------------------------

Our babies won yehey! :D